Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

A release-day patch will be hitting gamers next week when MLB 2K9 is officially released on store shelves.

OS had previously learned about the patch via a post made by Erick Boenisch, the lead features designer on MLB 2K9, but did not have many details about the patch itself.

After contacting 2K representatives, OS now has some more official patch details. In addition to fixing the bug in the franchise mode that had been causing players to languish in free agency because most teams lacked enough funds to adequately pay free agents, the below bullet points are some of the additional fixes.
  • Added the ability for users to accept game invites while playing inside Franchise mode.
  • Improved the game response time when there is a loss of connection originating at the user’s network router/hub.
  • Addressed an issue where a disconnect would sometimes occur when a user without a HDD attempted to play an Xbox Live Player Match with only a 512MB MU storage device installed.
  • An issue regarding playoff tiebreakers occurring after playing through at least 15 years of franchise mode has been addressed. In the unlikely event that 8 or more teams tie for the wild card, the game will now handle the event properly.
  • Additional Rich Presence support has been added to the game to help users more easily identify what their friends are currently doing while playing Major League Baseball 2K9.
  • If a user had a storage device named using Asian or Russian characters, the title would display these characters improperly. This issue has been resolved.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 HealyMonster @ 03/02/09 04:09 PM
I beleive pasta padre had reported that after year 1 in franchise all of the rosters get messed up and signifigant players go unsigned. basically saying franchise is completely busted, I have seen much mentioned of it since then. was it a false alert or is there another patch? has 2k confirmed these issues?

# 42 JoshCA916 @ 03/02/09 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I beleive pasta padre had reported that after year 1 in franchise all of the rosters get messed up and signifigant players go unsigned. basically saying franchise is completely busted, I have seen much mentioned of it since then. was it a false alert or is there another patch? has 2k confirmed these issues?
have you been in a cave or under a rock? sorry not trying to bust you out but pasta wasn't the first to confirm this and yes 2k has already admitted they know of the problem and there will be a patched released as of tomorrow to fix the franchise bug, it's in numerous threads lots of people are talking about it

# 43 mwjr @ 03/02/09 05:50 PM
What's the batter aggressiveness problem?

# 44 llbigdomll @ 03/02/09 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Guess I have been under a rock cause there is no mention of a franchise fix in the listed patch fixes other than the 15 year thing.
you must have been under a rock too in 2nd grade when everyone else learned how to read... it is mention in plain english

# 45 myghty @ 03/02/09 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbigdomll
you must have been under a rock too in 2nd grade when everyone else learned how to read... it is mention in plain english
Wow, getting flamed by a troll...

# 46 teambayern @ 03/03/09 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
Haven't you played the demo?
The CPU batters will rarely take any pitches in the strike zone. I've played 20 or so games of the demo & I've only seen an AI batter take a first pitch strike 3 or 4 times. Supposedly the final retail version is the same way & theres no take pitch sliders.

I seriously don't see how so many could be more concerned about editing stances, as opposed to having a realistic playing game of baseball! I'm all for authentic batting stances & all, but the AI has got be functioning correctly/realistically above ALL else IMO.
I can't agree with you more. The fun of sports games to me is replicating the fun of sport. The licenses are gravy, but if i had a choice between the The Show with generics and legends (ala APF, wow that would be awesome) or MLB 2k9, i know in a heartbeat which I'd choose.

# 47 jeffy777 @ 03/03/09 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
If you could choose one issue to be fixed would it be batter aggresivness or ability to edit sig stances and wind ups?
Batter Aggressiveness.

# 48 DrUrsus @ 03/03/09 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
Haven't you played the demo?
The CPU batters will rarely take any pitches in the strike zone. I've played 20 or so games of the demo & I've only seen an AI batter take a first pitch strike 3 or 4 times. Supposedly the final retail version is the same way & theres no take pitch sliders.

I seriously don't see how so many could be more concerned about editing stances, as opposed to having a realistic playing game of baseball! I'm all for authentic batting stances & all, but the AI has got be functioning correctly/realistically above ALL else IMO.
Totally agree with you, brotha.

# 49 coug81103 @ 03/03/09 09:12 PM
Are there any future patches that may be avaliable. Some that address issues like the computer swinging at every strike, or the amount of pop flys that get hit in the game.

# 50 cocobee @ 03/04/09 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Any news on when the PC patch will be released to fix the franchise bug?
I've read the 2k is not planning on patching the PC version. I hope I'm wrong.

# 51 SoxFan01605 @ 03/04/09 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
I hope your wrong as well, cause that would be a huge mistake.

Apparently simballer has gotten word that there will be a patch for the PC version as posted above. Why it's taking this long I don't understand seeing how it is eaier to get approval for a patch for a PC game. What about those who purchased the game only for PC?? The priority should be there to get a patch out for all versions of the game at the same time IMO.
Confirmed by Ron (2K admin guy) at the 2K forums, there is currently no plan for a PC patch. That doesn't mean there will never be one. Just that there isn't one planned.

Not sure what to make of that. Simballer (a VC dev who helped out with MLB this year) implied that the PC patch was an eventual given.

We'll see.

# 52 knuckles0324 @ 03/05/09 03:02 AM
i connect to xbox live, how do i get the patch? is it automatically updated??please could somebody help me out cause i have an all star franchise team thats unfair..thanks

# 53 JohnDoe8865 @ 03/05/09 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles0324
i connect to xbox live, how do i get the patch? is it automatically updated??please could somebody help me out cause i have an all star franchise team thats unfair..thanks
Yes it's an automatic title update. If you are connected to XBL and you start the game you will be disconnected and told to wait while the update is downloaded. After that the game restarts and you are good to go.

# 54 knuckles0324 @ 03/06/09 05:21 AM
thanks a lot. needed that

# 55 Kean_Kong @ 03/16/09 04:10 PM
When is patch #2 supposed to come out? They really need to fix the first baseman pulling off the bag problem, because I play with the Royals and I can't afford to give people more at bats.

# 56 Skyboxer @ 03/16/09 04:54 PM
Doesn't matter to me any longer. Game is going back by the weekend. Live and learn on future purchases.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.