Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers pocket protection.

Quote:
"Well there you have it, a full pocket. You can see that both Offensive Tackles (OT) were able to ride the Defensive Ends (DE) or Linebackers (LB) out wide behind the Quarterback (QB) instead of just standing them straight up. This year we are giving the Tackles the ability to take a Defensive End wide around the QB in a realistic fashion."

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 I Peench @ 03/24/09 09:19 PM
AMAZING. Long overdue, but I'll take it! Can't wait to hear about the next blog. I hope it pertains to dynasty mode.

# 22 TheWatcher @ 03/24/09 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
How in the world would you see your receivers from that angle? Makes for a slick looking screenshot/ replay though.
That's a good question, lol. I guess after playing 2K5 with the on-field cam for so long, my instincts for where and when my receivers are going to break are pretty sharp. Of course, when you drop back in 2K5 the camera comes out enough that you can see your guys better. So I guess we'd need that sort of thing to happen here, too.

Would be a sweet replay angle, too. Would sure be a step up from the replays we get now.

# 23 Glorious Arc @ 03/24/09 09:20 PM
much better compared to the first few Im interested in what will be released later this week.

# 24 Squeezee12 @ 03/24/09 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Wait... weren't you just organizing a boycott?

Glad you're happy!
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 25 TheWatcher @ 03/24/09 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
This would be an awesome default camera angle, you would see your receivers by turning the QB's head with the right stick just like you can do at the LOS pre-snap in Coach cam....
That would be sick.

# 26 youALREADYknow @ 03/24/09 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
no refs
It's already confirmed that there will be no refs in NCAA 10.

# 27 green94 @ 03/24/09 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Glad you're happy!
Wow, you're right. The overreactions on this board are borderline ridiculous sometimes.

# 28 nexdawg @ 03/24/09 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Glad you're happy!
Hey I said I would probably give you guys this year anyways because you are interacting with us.

But yes I am happy!

# 29 green94 @ 03/24/09 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Where?

# 30 countryboy @ 03/24/09 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Where?
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...7.page#2114885

# 31 SteelerSpartan @ 03/24/09 09:47 PM
Wheres AuburnAlum at?? We might be witnessing the birth of what he fought so hard for last year around here

# 32 cam4mav @ 03/24/09 10:12 PM
Awesome news. Im sure that the tuning portion is going to make all the difference in how this actually plays out through a whole game

off topic: Sergio Kindle looks BEAST in that pic (#2). happy to see him get a sack lol.

Now that the Oline can do more as far as blocking, the D-Line moves need to be looked at also.
Bull Rush, Spin, Speed, Swim, Inside.

I love the look of the inside swim move in this pic
http://insideblog.easports.com/cfs-f..._Sackfinal.jpg
For a speed rusher to be able to get the Tackle to think he's going outside and make a quick step and swim inside is something I'm really looking forward too! Hopefully a nice balance is found and its not impossible to do yet not too regular.
Compare the Tackles pass footwork, strength, and agility to the Rushers finess move, strength and agility, take the result to decide what animations play out.

good luck with the tuning!

# 33 therizing02 @ 03/24/09 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
No doubt this is great! This should change everybody mind about this game. This game goes from a maybe to a must buy! It was IMHO the most important game play issue.
Whooooaaaa....eaaaaassssyyy....there.

This is a great news, but if the QB is still running the read play too often, mismanaging the clock inside of 2 minutes and for the 4th year in a row NOT throwing the deep ball, this MAJOR improvement becomes meaningless and the game remains a wait and see purchase.

# 34 nexdawg @ 03/24/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02

This is a great news, but if the QB is still running the read play too often, mismanaging the clock inside of 2 minutes and for the 4th year in a row NOT throwing the deep ball, this MAJOR improvement becomes meaningless and the game remains a wait and see purchase.
Ofcourse this doesnt fix everything but IMO this game was on the fense and this push it over. So I will buy NCAA 10 even if I dont hear anything else. Now if those things arent fix I'll be here commenting on them.

# 35 countryboy @ 03/24/09 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
No doubt this is great! This should change everybody mind about this game. This game goes from a maybe to a must buy! It was IMHO the most important game play issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02

don't worry about him rizing...he's organizing a boycott for NCAA '11 as we speak...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...cott-ncaa.html

# 36 i c u cant stop me @ 03/24/09 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow

...man looks like the refs where comming onto the field of ncaa10 until ea sent them back home....

# 37 countryboy @ 03/24/09 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me

...man looks like the refs where comming onto the field of ncaa10 until ea sent them back home....

WTF is wrong with the third guy in line? He must be the "special teams" ref...lol

# 38 OMT @ 03/24/09 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me

Yeah, cause we aren't allowed to put NFL logos in the game.

# 39 TheTodd84 @ 03/24/09 10:35 PM
"off topic: Sergio Kindle looks BEAST in that pic (#2). happy to see him get a sack lol."

you are right about that, sir. And I know this is going to sound petty, but his facemask is wrong for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW. When will EA get all of the revolution helmets in the game? I am really, really excited about this game now after this blog. But come on, all the facemasks is such a simple thing to implement and it shouldn't even be mentioned.

Anyway, I am extremely pleased about the pocket interaction and the OL/DL play... on passing plays. However, can you show us a running play to see if there are actual holes opening up?

# 40 canes21 @ 03/24/09 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, cause we aren't allowed to put NFL logos in the game.
Then put those in without the logo. Problem fixed. I should work at EA.

EDIT:^^^ Maybe its because this game doesn't have licensed players, so getting their equipment right is not something they should try to get by with.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.