Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

The second official patch for the PS3 version of Major League Baseball 2K9 is now available. Download it and post your impressions here.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 441 Newfgamer @ 05/07/09 10:51 AM
LOl, look at all the babies offende by the truth, Facts are facts, deal with it. Who said i hated anything? I got better things to do then hate a video game, grow up, just stating what is well documented wrong with the game. And yes, if you have any kind of standards, franchise is broken, badly.

# 442 sportyguyfl31 @ 05/08/09 10:50 AM
Yes, Franchise mode is broken...I guess that is why I am near the end of may with default sliders, and my stats are pretty darn realistic. I'm about 6 games over .500..and currently on a 3 game losing streak. I'm winning games, losing games, having all TYPEs of games. Last game I lost because my bullpen blew up, previous game I lost 10-0, and the last game I won was a 4-3 nip and tuck type game.

School must be letting out for the summer early..

# 443 silvio @ 05/08/09 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfgamer
HAHAHAHAHA

HAHA

WOW, what a pile o crap, franchise is unplayable and broken, fielding is atrocious (Fielders only go in a straight line, cannot change it, they never charge grounders, terrible animations, etc), and u have this as a solid #3? I hope there are very few gamers like you around, if this is all it takes to please most gamers, you can forget ever getting a good baseball game. WOW. Game is terrible on default settings.
What do you care if people like this game or not?I really don't care if you hate it.By the way I really like this game.I'm having a blast.Does that bother you?If something as trivial as a video game can make you that upset then there must be other issues with your own programming that needs to patched.Please get help.
Thank you

# 444 TopDog @ 05/09/09 01:47 PM
Quote:
LOl, look at all the babies offende by the truth, Facts are facts, deal with it. Who said i hated anything? I got better things to do then hate a video game, grow up, just stating what is well documented wrong with the game. And yes, if you have any kind of standards, franchise is broken, badly.
Laahewwwwwsaaaaeeeer!

# 445 MrArlingtonBeach @ 05/10/09 12:58 AM
Quote:
People, make a second save slot, call in chise 2 or backup, save your chise here once in awhile (every 2-3 games), this well ensure you won't miss much of your chise if one save freezes. I do this always anyway, PC or console, thought this was common knowldege, fiels on Hard Drives get corrupted.
Once again...this isn't a cure-all!!!!

I did the same thing and both files resulted in freezing. I couldn't advance into my 3rd season from my second offseason, as the game locked up after I selected "advance to next season."

I use this method in ALL my sports games...EA, 2K, SCEA, etc. But this is the first time both files resulted in freezing in the exact same place. My Franchise was useless after that.

# 446 gutsogamer @ 05/12/09 01:04 PM
Hitting is still tough against the computer

# 447 Kwanis @ 05/16/09 11:28 AM
So guys i have still not had the chance to pick up mlb 2k9 yet. I will be getting it this weekend. I have read a ton of mixed reviews, but the patches seem to have solved some major issues. Is the game definitely worth picking up? I am also a major sim player, love the realism. Any suggestions on gameplay sliders would be great. Thanks guys, advice and comments would be great.

# 448 BigBlue @ 05/20/09 11:07 AM
There really is a good game of baseball hiding underneath all of the ugly glitches. I played a great game last night using my Mets (Johan Santana) against Boston (Josh Beckett) in Fenway.

I won the game 1-0. Santana went the distance throwing 106 pitches and allowing 4 hits. Beckett went 8+ having only thrown 78 pitches and giving up 6 hits. I was able to get out of a jam (runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out) with Papi and Bay up. Pretty intense. Near the end of the game, the cursor was jumping to simulate the intensity of the moment.

I play with All Star sliders adjusted to make pitching more challenging and hitting tougher as well. I have to use classic hitting because the Swing Stick is unresponsive at times. I've had pitchers' duels and high-scoring affairs. I've had games where I didn't see the ugliness and others that were glitchfests. Basically, I'm just enjoying the game for what it is and hoping for a winner next year.

The game lacks polish, but overall it IS an enjoyable game.

BigBlue922

# 449 CarryTheWeight @ 06/16/09 12:30 PM
Popped it in for the first time since Patch 2 came out, and wow. Much better than I remembered it. Now, I still can't stand having clones of my starting pitcher as middle relievers in my bullpen, but in-game, the game is much better than I remembered it after taking a break from the game and browsing these forums and all of the endless complaints.

I think what 2K10 needs to focus on is a bug-free experience out of the box, both in the front end and in-game. Player faces need to be drastically improved, the player editing cap needs to go (unless it's a restriction imposed by the MLB) and hitting should not be scripted...we have next-gen controls, why bother with last-gen hitting mechanics? Other than that, this game does many things well. The commentary, for instance, gets better by the game IMO, and if there's one thing this game will be remembered for, it's Steve and Gary's excellent commentary track.

I have to say it again, folks...like it or not, 2K9 has potential...I expect big things from this game next year. Visual Concepts is a great developer, so I chalk the shortcomings of this year up to their first year at the helm and the rumored short development cycle they had due to Kush's disbanding last year. If we get a buggy game out of the box next year, well...you'll get another year of angry comments from the OS faithful, including myself. You'd think with the horrid review and score IGN gave them that they'd step their game up next year. Let's hope that's the case.

# 450 Guffers @ 06/20/09 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
There really is a good game of baseball hiding underneath all of the ugly glitches. BigBlue922
Thats exactly what I thought about last year's game. Although back then it was hiding underneath all of the ugly glitches and a horrendous frame rate issue. For what its worth I enjoy 2K9 quite a bit as well and I also have the Show. Its not a game that I can become obsessive over but its been fun to pop in every now and then and play a few games. The presentation is top notch and I love the pitching controls. Lets hope next year is a keeper.

# 451 DirrtySouth78 @ 06/24/09 02:02 AM
I do think this game has potenial as well. Sometimes I think people have unrealistic expectations. The game is slowly becoming better over last few years. Yes there are issues and that can be very frustrating, but I think there is def. a base to build on. Its not best baseball game ever made, but it can be fun. I won't go as far as next year will be a great game comment, but I think it will improve on some of the issues they have. but for what its worth, I enjoy the game to me thats all I need. Don't need perfect stats. Yes fielding can be tricky, but everyone complained before that fielding was too easy & were never errors. Now while I agree its very aggrivating, its not too easy anymore. Just need a lil fine tuning to stop some of those silly errors/misplayed balls

# 452 mwjr @ 06/28/09 07:30 PM
FYI...anyone still tossing around the idea of getting the game, Target's selling it for $39.99.

# 453 phantomfriar @ 07/08/09 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
FYI...anyone still tossing around the idea of getting the game, Target's selling it for $39.99.
Now $19.99 at Gamestop this month

# 454 mwjr @ 07/08/09 07:13 PM
Wow. I'll be picking this up, then. It's definitely worth $20.00.

# 455 jFreezyy @ 10/08/09 01:10 AM
I'm not sure if you can call this a glitch/bug, or something related with a patch, but there's two big changes I've noticed when playing.

When I start a new Franchise, the pitchers who are known to throw a good 12-6 curveball suddenly lost that pitch and now have that crappy basic curve.

I've learned how to manage with it, but it's no 12-6.. meaning no less strikeouts for guys like Pedro, Lincecum, and Halladay (I think Halladay might have gotten the 12-6 back after a while. I don't know how)

Of course, I can still get a good number of strikeouts, but it's much harder.

This is another problem, which is also with exsisting franchises I have..

Has anyone else noticed that when you would throw a 2 seam fastball when the game first came out, you would need to throw it in the strikezone and it would break out at the last second, which was good.

Now, I have to throw the 2 seam fastball off of the plate and it hits the strikezone? I don't get it.. That's for righty's though. I can't even use the 2 seam with lefties because you can't execute it properly anymore..

Same thing with the majority of the other pitches, especially the changeup.

Anyone else getting this problem?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.