Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

The second official patch for the PS3 version of Major League Baseball 2K9 is now available. Download it and post your impressions here.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/01/09 06:38 PM
Well then play the game and see if the AI is still agressive.

# 2 BigL @ 04/01/09 06:58 PM
I downloaded the update and only had time for ONE inning and I did notice the AI taking more pitches. I struck out Beltran looking on all 3 pitches. Again it was just one inning so i cannot make a difinitive judgement

There were no fly balls to the outfield so I couldnt see if the defense was fixed at all.

# 3 belljr @ 04/01/09 07:04 PM
Bring up IE for the CPU batters and see if they are ALL D walk ratings also...

that may have been a roster thing though

# 4 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/01/09 07:08 PM
Oh, yes. Thank god. Now we can finally get some impressions.

(To above post) Yeah I want to see if the IE thing is fixed so they are not all "D" ratings or if they just broke into the game code and fixed it that way.

# 5 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/01/09 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I am pretty sure this is the patch. I am trying to get confirmation.
Well if it is do you know how long it is before Ron or one of the other mods can post the list of what all it fixes?

I wonder if they fixed the hyperactive progressive lighting...

# 6 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/01/09 07:14 PM
Sweet thanks. Can you download it on your PS3 and give us some results?

# 7 Rocky @ 04/01/09 07:37 PM
There's a fairly easy way to test this.

Get somebody on base and see if you can pick them off.

# 8 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/01/09 07:51 PM
Sweet thanks.

# 9 ditchrider1 @ 04/01/09 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Just got confirmed, its the patch. NOtes will be posted on the 2K website in a few minutes as well. Gotta go post there now.
PS3 only? on for 360 as well?

Thanks

# 10 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/01/09 07:56 PM
Ugh. I've been putting off this game for so long as the AI agressiveness has been making it so unplayable.

I hope the 360 patch comes in earlier than expected too! I want to start my franchise so bad.

# 11 leafs nation @ 04/01/09 07:59 PM
Hey guys. Couldn't deal with the glitches anymore. Just got back from picking up a PS3 for some 2k9 with second patch. I'll let you know how it is.

# 12 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/01/09 08:01 PM
Awesome. I want to know about AI agressiveness mainly. And see if there is any change in progressive lighting.

# 13 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/01/09 08:04 PM
Oh and on the inside edge page for each player. See if it still says "D" for each walk rating like pointed out in Joe's thread or if it has changed to various ratings.

# 14 SoxFan01605 @ 04/01/09 08:06 PM
Don't suppose there's any word on PC? I know they were shocked about the PS3, but I was just curious.

# 15 tmac55 @ 04/01/09 08:12 PM
There is someone posting on 2k forums saying it will be released Friday for 360 owners.

Supposedly, he has a good contact at Microsoft.

# 16 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/01/09 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac55
There is someone posting on 2k forums saying it will be released Friday for 360 owners.

Supposedly, he has a good contact at Microsoft.
That would be sick, but you can't ever trust anyone over there.

# 17 SoxFan01605 @ 04/01/09 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
I'm curious to see what people think post patch. I'm ready to give up on the Show especially since we aren't even allowed to discuss anything involving patches
lol...that's dramatic and not even close to true. Hope you get what you want from 2K9 though.

# 18 sandmac @ 04/01/09 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwnarrow3
Oh and on the inside edge page for each player. See if it still says "D" for each walk rating like pointed out in Joe's thread or if it has changed to various ratings.
NOPE! Ratings have CHANGED!
AI Aggressiveness is FIXED!

# 19 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/01/09 08:23 PM
(Sandmac)

Haha YES!

# 20 SoxFan01605 @ 04/01/09 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
Not true...how come the 2k forum is allowed to have patch discussions and threads and SCEA isn't, it makes no logical sense. It's an unfair double-standard b/c we are not allowed to discuss the Show patch b/c the
developers are on the board

Anyway I'm done discussing that here. I want to here impressions on the 2k patch
Pure conjecture and also untrue. Threads repeatedly asking "where/when is the patch coming" were locked here too when there was nothing tangible to discuss. The reason it's being discussed here is because there is something to discuss.

The reason it's not being discussed there is there isn't anything to discuss. There's no announcement yet. when there is, they'll let us know and people will discuss from there. Constantly creating "any patch news" threads is useless in ANY forum.

You already created another thread asking why (which probably should have happened via PM) in The Show thread. Now you've brought it here. At best it belongs there and not in the 2K forum is all (I know you recognize that as you mentioned it...not "jumping on you", I'm merely clarifying my response).

Like I said, I hope you enjoy 2K9.

« Previous1234567892223Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.