Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

The second official patch for the PS3 version of Major League Baseball 2K9 is now available. Download it and post your impressions here.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 queens211 @ 04/02/09 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin095
I also noticed that batters don't "snap" into their animations anymore. Major plus
Could someone else who has been playing post patch confirm what this poster said regarding the batting animations?

# 102 ballin095 @ 04/02/09 06:46 PM
All in all, with this patch, i'm pretty happy to have chosen this game over the show.

A few more things.

1) The CPU is a lot more realistic now. Although there some instances where the cpu are too aggressive, for the most part, they play like they would in real life. If you throw too many pitches in the strike zone, they will start hacking, but if you keep throwing pitches out the zone, they will take pitches.

2)Like someone said earlier for the most part, the pitching is not the same. You can't just say "I want this pitch at the corner" and accept it to be on the corner.

3)The outfielder catches are fixed, but not fully. For instance, let's say you're near the area where the ball is going to land, you will hesitate to catch the ball, thus causing the ball to drop.

4) Also, while runners are on base, when you pitch, the deliveries will fasten. Although it can to lead to some funky animations, it really allows you to be able to more runners trying to steal.

5)Also,not a big, but now in play now, you can select who you can pitch as( Not sure if this was in pre-patch though).

That's pretty much all that I can think of. And as stated above, the Show defentiately has some major competition now.

# 103 JoshCA916 @ 04/02/09 06:50 PM
Ok after one game i can say it does play a better game overall by far all the little things that hinderd the game before seem to not show up, had no 1b glitch, no outfield errors(well no dumb plays that didn't get caught), aggresiveness is toned some but i haven't adjusted sliders post patch, i get them to take a couple more strikes but they do still swing at most pitches in the zone(there is a difference but i don't know if it will be big enough for most people who wanted the big overall change) as for the cpu throwing more balls to me i didn't really see it, may have been the pitcher i faced but he seemed to want to get ahead in early in the count and only saw a 3 ball count on me 1 time all game

for all the people that are wondering about having to start a new franchise no it doesnt seem you have to, as the game i played was from my franchise and i just downloaded the patch, i know the patch took effect because of one of the fix's listed was the pitcher walks off the mound after striking out the 3rd batter to an inning, that was what caught my eye to pay more attention to see if the patch really was taking place in a pre existing franchise

overall i did enjoy the game more as it played a solid game, it is not the end all patch most are hoping for though it just really fixed the little bugs that most people couldn't get past

Quote:

2)Like someone said earlier for the most part, the pitching is not the same. You can't just say "I want this pitch at the corner" and accept it to be on the corner.
and also on this i really agree, you will not hit your spot every time all the time now makes for a much more interesting pitching experience, i do like the change

# 104 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/02/09 07:47 PM
Quote:
Oh yes!

Come on 360, put the patch up!

# 105 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/02/09 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I had the greasy finger syndrome. NO chicken while trying to play video games. lol
Haha!

# 106 MattyAction @ 04/02/09 07:50 PM
Do any of the 360 users notice that is very hard for a ball on the ground to get through either of the holes in the infield? Up the middle are the only hits I get on the ground. It seems like no matter who is playing the infield, they have super speed and range. It gets very frustrating.

# 107 rdelizo35 @ 04/02/09 07:55 PM
Quote:
This part right here is what i really like. You just cant paint the corner everytime if you slip up. If your off on your timing, it will show big time. I hit 3 batter lastnight, because i did some goof ups. I had the greasy finger syndrome. NO chicken while trying to play video games. lol
Try some Subway or McDonald's or BK next time.

# 108 rdelizo35 @ 04/02/09 08:04 PM
I definitely agree that the pitching post-patch is much improved and the fielding seems better as well. The walk up animations seem fixed and I really enjoy the variety of hits I'm seeing. The best part to me seems to be that the awful OF blunders seem to be addressed and the CPU batters seem to be only aggressive at the plate in realistic situations and don't seem to swing as much at obvious pitches in the dirt or out of the zone as was the case pre-patch.

# 109 rdelizo35 @ 04/02/09 08:10 PM
Quote:
They arent open at 2am when i was playing. lol It was chicken from earlier in the day or nothing. lol
Hmm... Pizza rolls or popcorn? Chips?

# 110 Simp @ 04/02/09 08:10 PM
Quote:
This part right here is what i really like. You just cant paint the corner everytime if you slip up. If your off on your timing, it will show big time. I hit 3 batter lastnight, because i did some goof ups. I had the greasy finger syndrome. NO chicken while trying to play video games. lol
I have a rule. If you eat... you wash your hands before you touch my controllers.

I can't stand greasy *** controllers. haha

# 111 brendanrfoley @ 04/02/09 08:11 PM
KCXIV, can you confirm hitters no longer "snap" into their hitting stances?

# 112 BigL @ 04/02/09 08:12 PM
To me the outfield play is sitll an issue, still there is a slow down and its hard to judge line drives in time and balls are still getting by me.

The AI takes more pitches, but they still hit the crap out of the ball on default all star. Hopefully there are some good post patch sliders because im at my wits end with this franchise.

# 113 rdelizo35 @ 04/02/09 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
KCXIV, can you confirm hitters no longer "snap" into their hitting stances?
I just finished a game in Franchise and I can tell you that the hitters no longer "snap" into their hitting stances. Post-patch, it's all smooth with no hitches or hiccups whatsoever.

# 114 rdelizo35 @ 04/02/09 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
I have a rule. If you eat... you wash your hands before you touch my controllers.

I can't stand greasy *** controllers. haha
Simp, I am the same way. I always wash my hands after I eat before I sit down to play a game.

# 115 rdelizo35 @ 04/02/09 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
To me the outfield play is sitll an issue, still there is a slow down and its hard to judge line drives in time and balls are still getting by me.

The AI takes more pitches, but they still hit the crap out of the ball on default all star. Hopefully there are some good post patch sliders because im at my wits end with this franchise.
I agree that there is a bit of slow down in the OF. Maybe one of our OS brethren can help you out by posting some decent sliders to help you out and make the game a better experience for you.

# 116 Theamazingtiny @ 04/02/09 08:18 PM
Seems like there is some differing opinions on how successful the patch was at addressing the games main issues.

# 117 rdelizo35 @ 04/02/09 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theamazingtiny
Seems like there is some differing opinions on how successful the patch was at addressing the games main issues.
I guess it depends on who you ask and what issues bugged you the most pre-patch. For me, I personally am enjoying the game more after the 2nd patch and can see an overall better gaming experience, but that's just me.

# 118 DaveDQ @ 04/02/09 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelizo35
I agree that there is a bit of slow down in the OF. Maybe one of our OS brethren can help you out by posting some decent sliders to help you out and make the game a better experience for you.
Is he talking about framerate slowdown though? That's my concern. I'd like to know if that slow-motion fielding (particularly with the outfielders) is still there.

# 119 BigL @ 04/02/09 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Is he talking about framerate slowdown though? That's my concern. I'd like to know if that slow-motion fielding (particularly with the outfielders) is still there.
slow motion fielding is still there.

# 120 rdelizo35 @ 04/02/09 08:26 PM
I think that I was referring to the slow-motion fielding that has been happening with outfielders. I think that the OF fly ball issues are much improved but I see slow motion fielding in the OF from time to time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.