Home
News Post

The new patch to upgrade MLB 09: The Show to version 1.06 has been released. Here is a list of the fixes from Community Manager Ramone Russell (Russell_SCEA on our boards):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramone Russell
MLB 09 The Show PS3: Patch 2 Addressed Issues

General:
  • AL and NL West (including Cubs) schedule addresses. Day games updated to correct time zone.
  • Addressed CPU Pitcher Energy from always full when pressing the quick menu while batting.
  • Fixed the issue when in the bullpen moving from last pitcher (closer) to top pitcher, the top pitcher's stats stay the same as the closer.
  • Inning pitched count corrected for pitchers during spring training. This is in ALL SEASON Modes.
  • Fixed AUTO BASERUNNING. Users should no longer be able to control steels for you or CPU using L1 and L2 in any game at any time.
  • Fixed the Movie Recording feature in both Replay and Replay Vault. Users should no longer get stuck after multiple recordings.
  • Players names not being called correctly in the audio. One specific item was Beltran being called Delgado and vice versa. This line used to be erroneously said for Juan Rivera. It has now been corrected to play for Casey Kotchman. This line used to be erroneously said for David Ortiz. This line used to be erroneously said for Miguel Cabrera. It has now been "disabled".
  • Career stats after going online and using weekly online Live Rosters or using the Online Roster Vault should now be correct.
  • Fixed issues with unbalanced trades when the rosters were full. 3 for 1 trades that will result in people being placed on waivers should now function.
  • Fix the problem in RTTS as the pitcher when a baserunner from 1st steals, the camera would sometimes swing around thru the crowd.
  • Fix switch hitter sub presentations using the wrong helmet sometimes.
  • Fix RTTS CP never getting a goal before the 1st pitch
  • Fix the Batter Training camera automatically being set to Catcher Cam.
  • Fix the Flashback Presentation X out problem.

Franchise Bugs

1.Fixed September 14 Road to the Show season lock.
2.Scouted players should now have feedback at the time of the amateur draft in June.
3.Fixed CPU roster control and lineup issue where users turn cpu roster control on, set a lineup, but lineup changes do not hold.
4.Fixed a bug where the user controlled team would not receive compensation picks when they lose Type A and B freeagents.
5.Fixed bug not allowing farm directors to be hired or fired. Just load into a franchise and fire a farm director during the off-season.
6.Addressed a problem where the title loses simulating functionality in franchise mode when addressing online requests.

Online:
1.Addressed Free Agents in the Online league Live draft. They should now be placed on teams through Roster Update are usable on user’s teams. (Guys like Manny Ramirez or Adam Dunn should now be available.)
2.Fixed Message Board bug that result in no messages being shown after changing full pages.
3.Reduced online game bandwidth usage.
4.Made minor change to the League create screen to Randomize the Draft time to various 30 minute increments from 12noon from 8pm.
An attempt to fix in-game disconnect issues in the production community. This is in an effort to stop the dreaded traffic delay problem the the community is reporting.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Really? Turn on Roster Control in the franchise set up role, then go to your franchise, sim or play through spring training. Then once you get to the regular season, go to the "CPU Roster Control" section and edit any/all lineups. They should stick. I just did it.

It wont work if you set it in the main menu outside franchise
It looks like it does in the menu, but once you start the game, no. That is why you need two controllers.
Set the lineups after spring training and it works great for simmed games only.

# 162 Checmate101 @ 04/27/09 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
It IS fixed, if you use Sony's rosters after 4/20.

I'm using it, still don't work for me..I'm on the ps2

# 163 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
It IS fixed, if you use Sony's rosters after 4/20.
No, the lineup problem is NOT fixed, the historical stats are fixed only on rosters based off of the 4/20 4/27 rosters and the official ones of course. . I ran several tests this morning.

Once you go into your actual game, it is not fixed. It looks like it right before the game starts, but nada.

After you sim spring training, the lineups get moved again. You then have to redo them. If you do this it works fine for sim games. Guys will then be in the correct order
But, NOT for played games. Go into the games and play. YOu will see they are not ok. That is probably what the QA testers at SCEA did, they didn't go into the actual game.
Pitching rotations work fine with either CPU roster control ON or OFF and stick.

# 164 Russell_SCEA @ 04/27/09 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
This works for every team except the one you play, for instance if you control TEX and swap CLEVS order (OD matchup) CLEV will be changed once you start your game. But let's say your team is the YANKS and you fix all teams batting order, then you can see CLEVS it will stay put for their game vs. TEX. CPU ON is working with the exception of YOUR opponent in YOUR Franchise. Weird huh?? Hope this makes sense
Yeah that's it the roster control fix is only for simulated games when you play game the screen will show the lineup as what you changed it to, but once you start the game the "cpu game time decisions logic" takes over. Which will default the lineup if you want to play with your edited lineup you must use the two controller work around.

# 165 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8rockerasu
It's understandable man. I'm a big stat guy too. And for a game that markets itself as "the most realistic baseball game on any console", it is disappointing. I actually love the new features they've added this year, with 40 man rosters, all the transaction rules, and even the game tracker thing online where you can listen to games (it's really useful when you're waiting on one of your league opponents to finish a game). But the execution was just flat out terrible. Hopefully some big changes (personnel if necessary) will be happening before next year's game.
No, they just need to have more QA people available and more time. It's a great game, and you can't lose sight of the talented people that it takes to make this game.
I ask you this? Has anyone else ever made a better playing game of baseball? Has anyone ever made a better baseball game overall? (This is rhetorical, let's not start a MVP vs MLB debate, please (not referring to you N8).

# 166 Knight165 @ 04/27/09 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Here is what I was talking about guys, Russell states that they are contaminated and Knight would have to re-do them. Now how would loading from a thumb drive (usb drive) solve this? I would assume that if this was a solution then not only would Russell state this but he wouldnt mention anything about Knight having to re-do them nor would Knight be saying how it sucked. All signs on my end point to the rosters being in some sort of "incompatible" position and not being able to be used thanks to something being changed within the way the game utilizes the roster feature. If thats correct and those that are experiencing crashes are using custom rosters from before then maybe this "incompatible" or "contaminated" roster issue is causing it. In the end Im just speculating but it all makes sense to me atleast.
Guys....the only thing effected in the roster is the historical stats.
NOTHING ELSE...
You can use them in any way, shape or form....You can use them in season, in practice, in franchise. You can use them for exhibition, for quick games for RTTS.
You can play them in your sweat pants...your skivvies.......in the suit that God gave you while drinking a mint julip and eating grapes.
Holy heck what would you guys do in a real emergency!!

I can't believe I actually feel bad like somehow all this added pressure on SCEA is caused by me. I cannot however start these rosters over again just to rid them of the stat glitch. Just can't do it.
Sorry.

M.K.
Knight165

# 167 Checmate101 @ 04/27/09 07:39 PM
ahhh man.. 2 controllers just to have the rosters stay...smh.

# 168 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Yeah that's it the roster control fix is only for simulated games when you play game the screen will show the lineup as what you changed it to, but once you start the game the "cpu game time decisions logic" takes over. Which will default the lineup if you want to play with your edited lineup you must use the two controller work around.
Thanks for confirming this Brian. I have been try to tell people that will listen this all day long. The workaround is actually fine. Here it is for the last time today, and now its time to go eat my barb-b-qued chicken, lol.

OK guys, I have GREAT news for CPU roster control ON guys!

The lineups do get messed up when you sim the spring training.

After you sim spring training, go in and redo all the lineups the way you want them. (I put Helton batting 3rd for instance)

Then, when you sim regular season games, the box scores show Helton and guys like that in the correct place in the lineup with CPU roster control ON. With CPU Roster control off, I guess you won't be able to change the computer lineups however after they get shuffled during spring training.

Then, for the games you play, just use the 2 controller method (see below) I stated earlier, and that takes care of your opponents lineups for the game you play. If you set the CPU lineups in roster control and then use the second controller, you won't even have to put the correct lineups in again unlike before.

For historical stats (and to avoid the glitch), if you use any roster created using the 4/20 or 4/27 (todays) SCEA rosters, you will NOT have a historical stat glitch.

I am good now.

Found a workaround to CPU roster control ON lineups, simmed and non simmed.
Cubs schedule fixed.
Historical stat glitch fixed on 4/20 and 4/27 based lineups.
I am a happy camper now . Sure, it's not perfect, but it has workarounds.

Second controller method

1. Have 2 controller ready by turning them both ON

2. Go to play your game in the schedule in Franchise or Season.

3. Press X to Play your teams games

4. Press X until you get to the controller select screen.

5. Move your controller 1 to your team. Move controller 2 to the team you are playing against.

6. Press X on both controllers (can also select uniforms here).

7. Choose your starting pitcher for each team with each controller.

8. Change the lineups for the team you are playing against with controller 2 and and move it up to accept lineup, but don't press X yet.

9. Make any changes you want for your lineup and then press x to accept lineup.

10. Once the game starts, press the start button on controller 2.

11. Select Controller select.

12. Move the controller 2 icon back to the middle (to have the CPU control that team again). Then press the circle button.

13. You are ready to play. Just resume the game with either controller.

14. The CPU behaves like it does any other time, doing subs, pitching changes, pinch runners, etc. so don't worry about that aspect.

# 169 Knight165 @ 04/27/09 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzlemcclizzle
If this is true, will someone confirm this. I don't care about the linup/stat glich as i can figure it out, but if these rosters will be also missing the elements neccecery for the fixes that were done, then it is truly "contaminated".
Only for the stats.

M.K.
Knight165

# 170 findinghomer @ 04/27/09 07:44 PM
sooooo uh. do we need to restart franchise? once we get the patch?

# 171 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Guys....the only thing effected in the roster is the historical stats.
NOTHING ELSE...
You can use them in any way, shape or form....You can use them in season, in practice, in franchise. You can use them for exhibition, for quick games for RTTS.
You can play them in your sweat pants...your skivvies.......in the suit that God gave you while drinking a mint julip and eating grapes.
Holy heck what would you guys do in a real emergency!!

I can't believe I actually feel bad like somehow all this added pressure on SCEA is caused by me. I cannot however start these rosters over again just to rid them of the stat glitch. Just can't do it.
Sorry.

M.K.
Knight165
Totally understandable brotha. Yes, I haven't seen so much panic since I told the medical interns they were on their own for the night, lol.

# 172 DeskCoder @ 04/27/09 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghomer
sooooo uh. do we need to restart franchise? once we get the patch?
I guess so. My RTTS won't play either. It crashes everytime I go to the Schedule. What a joke. I finally get the Majors, and now I can't even play.

Guess it is time to sell this game on eBay.

# 173 tgreer @ 04/27/09 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

Thanks for the response Russell! I understand what is happening now, but what about the little ole MOM guys like me. I have 2 controllers but it does not give you the option to change your opponents lineup when you choose Manage Game. Anyway around this? I could be missing something. Please let me know if it is possible as this is the only way I play

# 174 sirwoodz @ 04/27/09 07:54 PM
man, most of the issues that this patch addressed weren't even problems for me in the first place...cmon, fixing camera's going through the crowd? plus, I don't play online.

my only gripe has been the fatigue during the franchise problem. for them not to fix this is insane...can we get a reason as to why? is it something that is hard to fix w/the whole "buy a plane for your team" coding?

# 175 Knight165 @ 04/27/09 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Totally understandable brotha. Yes, I haven't seen so much panic since I told the medical interns they were on their own for the night, lol.
I know the look.....like when a probie is at his first fire(I guess mine must have looked the same way!)..."We're gonna go in THERE!?...
I saw a lot of guys with that same look several year ago though ....we just shrugged and took care of business anyway.
So yeah...this ish is SMALL potatoes(if you know what I mean....just a shame some guys can't see it that way.)

On another note...

Doc....someone also PM'ed me about another solution to the lineups...one that won't require a second controller. I did NOT get a chance to check it though and it might be a bit of a pain for some.
When you go to play your game...choose a SPORTSCAST game....then before the first pitch...ENTER the game and the lineup is the roster control lineup from what he said.
If someone can confirm this....it's a pretty good work around.

M.K.
Knight165

# 176 Ruffy @ 04/27/09 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeskCoder
I guess so. My RTTS won't play either. It crashes everytime I go to the Schedule. What a joke. I finally get the Majors, and now I can't even play.

Guess it is time to sell this game on eBay.

Does stuff like this really need to be posted? How do this add any input to this thread.

I commend SCEA at the long list of things that DO work in short a short turnaround.

Love this game still. Downlading the patch and about to play my entire season! Every game every matchup. I'll use the 2nd controller to fix the CPU lineup movements.....a small price to pay for hours of enjoyment.

Thanks Russell and your guys at SCEA.

Ruffy

# 177 Knight165 @ 04/27/09 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Not your fault , your aces kid !!!!!!!!!!

Yes I can confirm Jims feedback and knights V1 hold very nice.
But great news Jim we can still steal or hit and run on with auto baserunning on !
Dont fear the patch lol

Yeah...I think they fixed it for the CPU(where you would accidentally steal for them)
That is actually the perfect fix IMO.

M.K.
Knight165

# 178 callmetaternuts @ 04/27/09 07:59 PM
Knights roster lineup fix works fine. The issue is, if you try to fix any other lineup (the AAA or AA lineups) or the pitching staff, they will not stick. This is for those of us that do NOT use Roster Control.

I dont use it, and i went through the Orioles lineup and set their MLB, AAA, AA lineup and pitching rotation, went into franchise (without roster control on), and the MLB lineup stuck (thanks to Knight's fix), but the other AAA, AA lineup and rotation will not stick.......

That has me disappointed.

# 179 DeskCoder @ 04/27/09 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
LOL, of course you have to restart, your file was already corrupt.
No, it wasn't. I was in April in year 3.

# 180 nemesis04 @ 04/27/09 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Yep, I have to commend Knight for coming up with a pretty good fix for this. You can steal with auto baserunning ON AND the patch? How, so, says you can't.
I believe you need to download the patch to continue playing online. Just a heads up!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.