Home
News Post

According to a post at the EA Forums, this might be the final roster for Fight Night Round 4.

Quote:
Mike Tyson
Muhammed Ali
Ricky Hatton
Sugar Ray Robinson
Thomas Hearns
Miguel Cotto
Shane Mosley
Jake Lamotta
Marvin Hagler
Roy Jones Jr
Carlos Monzon
Jermain Taylor
Kelly Pavlik
Manny Pacquaio
Pernell Whitaker
Julio Cesar Chavez
George Foreman
Joe Fraizer
Lennox Lewis
Sugary Ray Leonard
James Toney
Roberto Duran
Marco Antonio Barrera
Amin Askanien
Paulie Maliganggi
Kermit Cintron
Eddie Chambers
Arturo Gatti
Tommy Morrison
Corey Spinks
Sergio Mora
Fernando Montiel
Jorge Amando Arce Arementa
Anthony Mundine
Emannuel Augustus
Vinny Paz
Vivian Harris
Billy Dib
Diego Corrales
Erik Morales
Nate Campbell
Ronald Winky Wright
Yuriokis Gamboa
Nonito Donaire
Arthur Abraham
Joe Calzaghe
Robert Gurrero
Edwin Valero
Victor Ortiz

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 nickelplaydit @ 05/06/09 02:05 PM
im surprised that theres no zab judah or ricardo mayorga.....both of those guys are entertaining to say the least...zab has lost big but he's still deadly....

# 42 DTX3 @ 05/06/09 02:29 PM
Julio Cesar F'n Chavez!? that's awesome! but which one? JR. or SR.?

# 43 Po Pimp @ 05/06/09 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
AND...Louis could KO ANY of these:
Muhammad Ali
Mike Tyson
Lennox Lewis
George Foreman
Sonny Liston
Joe Frazier
Riddick Bowe
Evander Holyfield
Larry Holmes (as much as I hate to say it)

Louis had TREMENDOUS power w/ either hand...PLUS he was the BEST combination technician EVVVER! you take those ingredients, put them behind a 6' 1 218 lb frame...ANY of the a fore mentioned fighters are goin' DOWN...next question...
Sure he can KO them...if they stood in his face and said "Gimme your best shot."

Did u read what I typed? Joe Louis was getting handled by much smaller fighters in Marciano and Billy Conn.

Boxing hadn't evolved as much, and fighters back then were sitting targets.

Its hard to say Louis would have knocked out Ali and Holyfield when they have two of the strongest chins that boxing has ever seen, and neither has ever been knocked out (Holyfield got TKO'ed by Toney when he was already past 40 years of age).

Get off your nostalgic high horse and realize that its all simple evolution. If Tyson fought back then with his prime skill set, he would have never lost, and probably would be banned from boxing.

LOL@Joe Louis beating up Ali and Foreman. Dawg, u crazy!

# 44 fistofrage @ 05/06/09 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
Sure he can KO them...if they stood in his face and said "Gimme your best shot."

Did u read what I typed? Joe Louis was getting handled by much smaller fighters in Marciano and Billy Conn.

Boxing hadn't evolved as much, and fighters back then were sitting targets.

Its hard to say Louis would have knocked out Ali and Holyfield when they have two of the strongest chins that boxing has ever seen, and neither has ever been knocked out (Holyfield got TKO'ed by Toney when he was already past 40 years of age).

Get off your nostalgic high horse and realize that its all simple evolution. If Tyson fought back then with his prime skill set, he would have never lost, and probably would be banned from boxing.

LOL@Joe Louis beating up Ali and Foreman. Dawg, u crazy!
You don't think Joe Louis would have adapted his game? Thats like saying John L. Sullivan would have been standing there like the Notre Dame Leprachaun if you threw him in the ring today.

Louis had the size to compete even today. In fact, Jack Johnson and James Jeffries would give these guys all they could handle and they fought back in the early 1900's. They were strong and mean as hell and had the size, chin, and stamina to hang with the other great HW's.

# 45 lacdaddy916 @ 05/06/09 05:37 PM
Not being a huge fan of the sweet science, but a product of the FN series I could care less who's in the game. I just get tired of playing the same Ali v Ali or Ali v Frasier or Morales v Corales or Corales v Pacquiao or Ward v Hatton or DLH v SRL etc etc etc...rinse and repeat!. At least this gives me the chance to see something new and experiment with some different matchups. They left some out, the should have put some in, whatever! I just thank EA for giving me more options.

# 46 Po Pimp @ 05/06/09 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
You don't think Joe Louis would have adapted his game? Thats like saying John L. Sullivan would have been standing there like the Notre Dame Leprachaun if you threw him in the ring today.

Louis had the size to compete even today. In fact, Jack Johnson and James Jeffries would give these guys all they could handle and they fought back in the early 1900's. They were strong and mean as hell and had the size, chin, and stamina to hang with the other great HW's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Comparing fighters from different eras, or any sports figures for that matter, is pointless and silly. You don't know what could happen and training methods and nutrition have all evolved. You compare modern fighters to the older fighters but put Joe Louis in this era with all the advantages of today's supplements and training methods and he would rule the HW division.

If you put the 1970's Steelers in against the last dynasty like the Patriots of 5 years ago they would get squashed because all the Patriot linebackers and linemen and DB's and WR's are all faster and bigger than the 70's Steelers. If guys like Lambert and Jack Ham and Lynn Swaan all trained like today's players then you would have a contest because then all things are equal and the superior skillset would prevail. If Jack Lambert played today he would be cut because he would be too small but if he bulked up with steroids and supplements, like almost every athlete does today, he could compete and excel because then his skillset takes over because the size disadvantage is gone.
I agree, which is why I think it's pointless to have fighters from that era in this game. As great as a fighter as Joe Louis was, if you were to put him in THIS particular game, he would suck even if u maxed out his power...especially if u were to give him an accurate fighting style.

# 47 bigball12 @ 05/06/09 06:56 PM
Disappointed with some choices. Emanuel Augustus, Nate Campbell & Vivian Harris, should be subbed for the likes of Paul Williams, Marquez, and Froch. It wouldn't necessarily have to be those three, but the three chosen for the game are absolutly ridiculous! The create a boxer must be 100% on point with 'real' names this time. Not nicknames. And hopefully, they will be shareable. Does anybody else feel that FN uses too many legend boxers? I would much rather have current fighters (just not as weak as prizefighter's roster). LOL.

# 48 lawrence5238 @ 05/06/09 08:19 PM
WHAT ABOUT MAYWEATHER WHAT ABOUT MAYWEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON

# 49 Vast @ 05/06/09 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence5238
WHAT ABOUT MAYWEATHER WHAT ABOUT MAYWEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON
Damn dog you waited 5 months to post that? lol

# 50 fistofrage @ 05/07/09 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence5238
Pony up $20 million and I'm sure he'd be happy to let you use his video likeness.

It would seem like it would be easy to get a bunch of mid level real boxers for real cheap or even for free to be in the game. I can see why it would be difficult and costly to get all the big names, but it would seem that guys outside of the top 5 in each division would be begging to get in the game to make themselves known to the masses. But then again, you have to sign separate legal contracts, hunt these guys down, etc. Its been said a million times, but if boxing had a boxers union like MLB or the NFL, we could get all the boxers at once. As it stands it would be impossible to track all these guys down individually.

# 51 JayBee74 @ 05/07/09 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Does anybody else feel that FN uses too many legend boxers? I would much rather have current fighters (just not as weak as prizefighter's roster). LOL.
No, I prefer the legend/current boxer mix, despite Po Pimp's assertion that Riddick Bowe could defeat Joe Louis.

# 52 bigball12 @ 05/07/09 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
No, I prefer the legend/current boxer mix, despite Po Pimp's assertion that Riddick Bowe could defeat Joe Louis.
HAHA. LOL!

# 53 Po Pimp @ 05/07/09 11:41 AM
Quote:
You don't think a prime Riddick Bowe at 6'5, 240 pounds would beat Joe Louis? I don't wanna hear about him adapting to the times...I'm speaking strictly on what you've seen on film and his fighting style.

# 54 JayBee74 @ 05/07/09 12:04 PM
Quote:
You don't think a prime Riddick Bowe at 6'5, 240 pounds would beat Joe Louis? I don't wanna hear about him adapting to the times...I'm speaking strictly on what you've seen on film and his fighting style.
Joe would beat him so bad, next day he'd try to to join the girl scouts. Stop hating the classics.

# 55 JayBee74 @ 05/07/09 12:14 PM
I like how these contemporary favorites are suddenly out of their prime when they get beat or look bad. In both Golota fights which Riddick only won because of DQ Bowe was 29. You think the Brown Bomber might put a little more on Riddick?

# 56 Po Pimp @ 05/07/09 02:16 PM
Quote:
I like how these contemporary favorites are suddenly out of their prime when they get beat or look bad. In both Golota fights which Riddick only won because of DQ Bowe was 29. You think the Brown Bomber might put a little more on Riddick?
He might try, but facts are facts. Bowe was a formidable opponent at 6'5 and 250, while Joe Louis struggled against a 180 pound Billy Conn. Rocky Marciano was only 185 when he beat Louis as well, but I don't count that fight since Louis was already like 40.

I'm thinking a prime Roy Jones Jr. would mop the floor with Joe Louis as well.

What ur missing is my point that in a VIDEO GAME, Joe Louis would not be missed. If you create him, I don't care if u max out his power, but u gotta put his footspeed, chin and handspeed low, and give him the standard boxing style.

# 57 JayBee74 @ 05/07/09 03:25 PM
Quote:
He might try, but facts are facts. Bowe was a formidable opponent at 6'5 and 250, while Joe Louis struggled against a 180 pound Billy Conn. Rocky Marciano was only 185 when he beat Louis as well, but I don't count that fight since Louis was already like 40.

What ur missing is my point that in a VIDEO GAME, Joe Louis would not be missed. If you create him, I don't care if u max out his power, but u gotta put his footspeed, chin and handspeed low, and give him the standard boxing style.
What's wrong with a standard boxing style? Why in the world would you give a low chin and hand speed rating to Joe? In this game you'd also have to give Louis a 94 or so block rating for his technical expertise. I'll ignore the Roy Jones comment.

# 58 shevyblaze @ 05/07/09 03:42 PM
Absolute blasphemy, i can pick out 4 fighters in there that i give a **** about. the rest are garbage, we want top class fighters, never heard of half those lists!! Floyd may? been the best p4p fighter for a few years and he ain't worthy? you gotta be joking EA stop being stingy with the money and pay for decent boxers!! sick of this ****tt.. you look forward to a game for a long time then you see this, teasing us with the lists, releasing 10 boxers evryweek like you had some mega surprize at the end of it!! **** sakee

# 59 Darxide @ 05/07/09 03:55 PM
This is a roster for boxing fans. Not casual fans. Big ups to EA for that.

# 60 Motown @ 05/07/09 04:09 PM
Quote:

Dude, you obviously don't know jack about boxing history or give Joe Louis the respect the man deserves. i'm sayin' this now Joe Louis...imo was the greatest HW of all-time...#1. like i said, he would have NO PROBLEM KOing ANY fighter of this decade...and that INCLUDES mini mike. and his HAND SPEED...LOW???

I can GUARANTEE you Louis' attributes would be higher than you think. i wish Brizzo would chime in here. where would he rank???

Ring Magazine's list of 100 greatest punchers of all time

* 1. Joe Louis
* 2. Sam Langford
* 3. Jimmy Wilde
* 4. Archie Moore
* 5. Sandy Saddler
* 6. Julian Jackson
* 7. Jack Dempsey
* 8. Bob Fitzsimmons
* 9. George Foreman
* 10. Earnie Shavers
* 11. Sugar Ray Robinson
* 12. Ruben Olivares
* 13. Wilfredo Gomez
* 14. Rocky Marciano
* 15. Sonny Liston
* 16. Mike Tyson
* 17. Bob Foster
* 18. Thomas Hearns
* 19. Khaosai Galaxy
* 20. Alexis Arguello
* 21. Carlos Zarate
* 22. Max Baer
* 23. Rocky Graziano
* 24. Matthew Saad Muhammad
* 25. Rocky Sekorski
* 26. Danny Lopez
* 27. Gerald McClellan
* 28. Roberto Duran
* 29. Rodrigo Valdez
* 30. Felix Trinidad
* 31. Pipino Cuevas
* 32. James J. Jeffries
* 33. Lennox Lewis
* 34. Bennie Briscoe
* 35. Marvin Hagler
* 36. Edwin Rosario
* 37. Tommy Ryan
* 38. John Mugabi
* 39. Joe Frazier
* 40. Carlos Monzon
* 41. Tony Zale
* 42. Michael Spinks
* 43. Joe Gans
* 44. Elmer Ray
* 45. George Godfrey
* 46. Naseem Hamed
* 47. Alfonso Zamora
* 48. David Tua
* 49. Cleveland Williams
* 50. Julio Cesar Chavez
* 51. Tiger Jack Fox
* 52. Joe Walcott
* 53. Gerry Cooney
* 54. Al Bummy Davis
* 55. Max Schmeling
* 56. Florentino Fernandez
* 57. Henry Armstrong
* 58. Bob Satterfield
* 59. Al Hostak
* 60. Jesus Pimentel
* 61. Eugene Hart
* 62. Lew Jenkins
* 63. Harry Wills
* 64. Tom Sharkey
* 65. Terry McGovern
* 66. Jersey Joe Walcott
* 67. Kostya Tszyu
* 68. Leotis Martin
* 69. Buddy Baer
* 70. Donovan Ruddock
* 71. Jose Luis Ramirez
* 72. Tommy Gomez
* 73. Jose Napoles
* 74. Kid McCoy
* 75. Antonio Esparragoza
* 76. Ricardo Moreno
* 77. Evander Holyfield
* 78. Ike Williams
* 79. Luis Firpo
* 80. Ricardo Lopez
* 81. Humberto Gonzalez
* 82. Bobby Chacon
* 83. Jock McAvoy
* 84. Eduardo Lausse
* 85. Eder Jofre
* 86. Charley Burley
* 87. Mike McCallum
* 88. Salvador Sanchez
* 89. Roy Jones Jr.
* 90. Rodolfo Gato Gonzalez
* 91. Nigel Benn
* 92. Bob Murphy
* 93. Paul Berlenbach
* 94. Battling Torres
* 95. Chalky Wright
* 96. George Chaney
* 97. Andy Ganigan
* 98. Fred Fulton
* 99. Ingemar Johansson
* 100. Charley White

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.