Home
News Post

Check out my Fight Night Round 4 hands-on preview blog.

Quote:
"Let’s get this out of the way. There will be no button mashing this year because the buttons will not be used for standard punches. I know that half of you are rejoicing while the other half are seething in anger.
Trust me when I say that a good number of Community Members voiced their displeasure for the removal of buttons.
EA is going in a very analog-centric direction and Fight Night Round 4 is no exception.

The game isn't completely independent of buttons as they are still employed for haymakers, clinching, pushing, head-butts and of course to pull off an Andrew Golota 'speed bag' routine (if you know what I mean)."

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Motown @ 05/08/09 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I don't believe so. But I'm not 100% about that.
Maybe Complex, Darxide, Shakyr or Wepeeler could comment on that. But I don't remember hearing that it was a possiblitiy.
Daamn, that's too bad...i remember in HBO Boxing, if you opened a cut & kept hittin' it it would turn into a gusher...which lead to a stoppage also, i think you could crack ribs,break noses,hands,etc...

Can someone else chime in one the original question? thanks

# 42 Nokstar @ 05/08/09 10:52 PM
ok im kind of confused. When yall say bobbing and weaving...is it the same bobbing in weaving in fight night round 3 where u use the left trigger and the left analog to sway and duck? In this game..when u bob and weave..can you do it WHILE moving forward? Im confused about this.

So how to you simply duck down directly in front of you if bobbing and weaving is done by starting at 12 and going to 3 and 6 o clock?

# 43 Money99 @ 05/09/09 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokstar
ok im kind of confused. When yall say bobbing and weaving...is it the same bobbing in weaving in fight night round 3 where u use the left trigger and the left analog to sway and duck? In this game..when u bob and weave..can you do it WHILE moving forward? Im confused about this.

So how to you simply duck down directly in front of you if bobbing and weaving is done by starting at 12 and going to 3 and 6 o clock?
Bobbing and weaving is different from regular ducking and swaying.
The left-trigger (I believe) is used for blocking and when you move the left analog you can then sway and duck. But when you do this, you are stationary.
With bobbing and weaving you are moving your head back and forth like a pendulum while moving forward.

# 44 kwas676 @ 05/09/09 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Daamn, that's too bad...i remember in HBO Boxing, if you opened a cut & kept hittin' it it would turn into a gusher...which lead to a stoppage also, i think you could crack ribs,break noses,hands,etc...

Can someone else chime in one the original question? thanks
I think in the first hatton and pac fight they released the fight was stop cause of a cut, they also did it in the old fight nights.

# 45 Ceothachosen1 @ 05/09/09 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Then would you say the trailers have unjustly portrayed the speed of the game??

None of the trailers look fast enough to me

and I find it worrisome that the one true gameplay vid we got looked pretty bad

It looks like they're punches lack that ummph....like they're not stepping into it enough(All arms with no power)

at Hatton winning by the way
yea that looks horrible and it should be almost impossible for someone controlling hatton to beat someone controlling pacman

# 46 Po Pimp @ 05/09/09 12:34 PM
Quote:
In fact, Fight Night Round 4 features 14 attributes for each boxer as opposed to 8 in Fight Night Round 3:

Left hand power, right hand power, hand speed, punch accuracy, foot speed, head movement, block strength, stamina, head toughness, body toughness, chin, heart, cuts and swelling.
Most of these attributes are self explanatory, but I was wondering about a few of them

Cuts and Swelling - are these just aesthetic differences? What are the differences in gameplay of having a fighter who bleeds versus one who's face is badly swollen?

Chin and head toughness - Head toughness is how much energy is depleted through an accumulation of headshots while the chin rating is more for the one hitter quitters?

Quote:
For instance, if you want to throw a left hook to the body simply flick the analog stick to 9:00. Want to throw a right-hook to the liver, flick it to 3:00.

Using the arcs are still needed when firing shots to the head as a left-hook to the cranium is still an arc of 9:00 to 12:00 and right-uppercut remains 5:00 to 12:00.
A left hook to the body is to flick the stick to 9:00, a left hook to the cranium is 9:00-12:00....what would the result of say 9:00 to 6:00 result in?

# 47 Money99 @ 05/09/09 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
Most of these attributes are self explanatory, but I was wondering about a few of them

Cuts and Swelling - are these just aesthetic differences? What are the differences in gameplay of having a fighter who bleeds versus one who's face is badly swollen?
I'm not entirely sure but cuts probably lead to stoppages. But like I told Mowtown, I'm not 100% sure.
As far as swelling, your fighter won't be able to block as well on that side because his vision will be obscured from the swelling.

Quote:
Chin and head toughness - Head toughness is how much energy is depleted through an accumulation of headshots while the chin rating is more for the one hitter quitters?
I believe so. I know that the temples are also 'hotspots' so "head toughness" might dictate how susceptible to those kinds of shots you are.
Again, I'll have to ask the other guys from the CD if they know more.
Sorry.

Quote:
A left hook to the body is to flick the stick to 9:00, a left hook to the cranium is 9:00-12:00....what would the result of say 9:00 to 6:00 result in?
I don't believe that movement does anything.

# 48 Complex @ 05/09/09 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceothachosen1
yea that looks horrible and it should be almost impossible for someone controlling hatton to beat someone controlling pacman
That is untrue. Boxing is nothing more than human chess and one move/punch can change any and everything. I know what you meant, but I want the game to be able to be ruled by any fighter as long as you use him properly.

# 49 Complex @ 05/09/09 02:03 PM
Quote:
Maybe Complex, Darxide, Shakyr or Wepeeler could comment on that. But I don't remember hearing that it was a possiblitiy.
I did not see it, but if I remember correctly you can.

# 50 warp1432 @ 05/09/09 02:12 PM
Any word on the footwork?

# 51 Darxide @ 05/09/09 03:49 PM
Quote:
Fights do get stopped from cuts (no injuries, though). In the build we played, the ref stoppage logic wasn't complete, so we didn't see any.

Brizzo talked about stoppages for a bit, he stated that they had a tough time creating a good balance between realism and fair gameplay. He implied that refs would be more likely to stop a fight in career mode than against another human player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
A body hook.

# 52 SteelerSpartan @ 05/09/09 04:56 PM
What type of Camera Angles are there??

Is there any like this 1st one from VB PSP

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.