Home
Backbreaker News Post

The official Backbreaker forums have posted a couple of screenshots that confirm 11 vs. 11 gameplay.

Quote:
"Another reoccuring theme I've spotted has been the constant doubt over whether we will offer 11 vs 11 gameplay. I know that the NM guys have repeatedly said we will but that we've yet to supply evidence proving that. I'd like to stop that argument for good with a couple of images that the guys back in the office have been so kind as to prepare for me. This isn't final, visual treatment will be changed etc etc etc, but I've attached two shots displaying the current view shown when you pull back from the line of scrimmage to display the routes for your chosen play. These are for you... enjoy, but please remember that we are still in development."

Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Hellisan @ 05/21/09 01:57 AM
I just noticed the Batman-esque "six-pack abs body armor" that each of these players is wearing... LOL, WTF? Did they even look at real football players while creating the player models?

# 42 mmorg @ 05/21/09 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I just noticed the Batman-esque "six-pack abs body armor" that each of these players is wearing... LOL, WTF? Did they even look at real football players while creating the player models?
This game takes place in the future. I think they said something like 20 years from now? This is their opinion on what the players will be wearing in the future.

# 43 bkrich83 @ 05/21/09 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
This game takes place in the future. I think they said something like 20 years from now? This is their opinion on what the players will be wearing in the future.
Hmm.. I wonder why they thought the equipment would be getting bigger.

# 44 jdr4693 @ 05/21/09 02:52 AM
Why do people care SO much what the players look like? I mean the players in madden look great and spot on every year, but that does'nt stop me from putting the game on the shelf after a month! It's about GAMEPLAY people!! I care more about how it PLAYS!!

# 45 ak1knight @ 05/21/09 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
Why do people care SO much what the players look like? I mean the players in madden look great and spot on every year, but that does'nt stop me from putting the game on the shelf after a month! It's about GAMEPLAY people!! I care more about how it PLAYS!!
But we can't talk about how it plays because we've never played it lol

# 46 jdr4693 @ 05/21/09 03:02 AM
Quote:
But we can't talk about how it plays because we've never played it
This is true, but it makes me angry when people bash this game for how it looks. Who cares how it looks. I mean your all gonna have your (good Lokking) madden this year so who cares. Stop dissing a game because its different and stuff.

# 47 SouthernBrick @ 05/21/09 03:05 AM
11v11 nice. i think this game will be very fun to play with that euphoria tech. but, thats all it seems to have going for it right now.

I haven't been following this game so I wouldn't know but, this game will make some sells with that new tech alone.

# 48 bkrich83 @ 05/21/09 03:09 AM
Quote:
Madden has nothing to do with this game. What Madden does or doesn't do is besides the point and is irrelevant to the conversation.

Since we haven't seen any game play, and details remain sketchy about this game, there are observations about what we do know.

In some people's opinion the player models and other graphical details appear to be lacking. Not everyone has to praise everything about the game.

# 49 Maximus205 @ 05/21/09 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Can't believe I registered to see those crappy screenshots.

Game is average at best, APF still looks better, and to think the guy in the thread was even dissing Ian Cummings.
No one dissed Ian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Just curious about something, what's with the graph like thing over the pictures? I didn't see anything about it on the first couple pages in that thread...

I hope they let us choose if we want the glow or not because I don't like that look.
Its the instant replay effect like you are looking at the jumbotron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It obvious that the continued resentment over Exclusivity is the reason why this game is not being scrutinized by many posters with the same discerning eye that they use for most other games.

Some will say that they're just excited about the art direction and the physics engine of course, but that's just a part of the equation.

If 2K hadn't have been turned into a Martyred game, then essentially everyone here would be looking at this game with much more skepticism instead of touting it as The Savior of Football Gaming.
Who doesnt like an underdog? Lets not forget this a first installment made by people who didnt grow up american football fanatics like us but they are taking constructive criticism to get it right. I'll give it a couple years to get it right where it needs to be. I'm riding.

# 50 Maximus205 @ 05/21/09 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Its their take on football in the future.

# 51 DaveDQ @ 05/21/09 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It obvious that the continued resentment over Exclusivity is the reason why this game is not being scrutinized by many posters with the same discerning eye that they use for most other games.

Some will say that they're just excited about the art direction and the physics engine of course, but that's just a part of the equation.

If 2K hadn't have been turned into a Martyred game, then essentially everyone here would be looking at this game with much more skepticism instead of touting it as The Savior of Football Gaming.
Very true.

# 52 davep @ 05/21/09 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
All I really expect out of BB is a fun game that puts me down on the field... something less technical but more visceral. It wont be a Madden killer, I'm sure of that. But it can be a good diversion.
This is exactly where I'm coming from too...I would like to buy Madden for the franchise and such, but this game just looks like it could be fun. Not to mention the fact that I don't care about facemasks and sock lengths. I'll probably buy Madden, but I could see myself buying this strictly for the fun factor and as a change of pace.

Glad it's finally taking a shape!

# 53 jared52 @ 05/21/09 11:18 AM
Why don't they License NFL Europe? Does EA have those rights too and just choose not to use them?

# 54 Maximus205 @ 05/21/09 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared52
Why don't they License NFL Europe? Does EA have those rights too and just choose not to use them?
I think its under the umbrella also. Its where NFL players go to play in the off season. Notice the sticker on the back of the helmet with the nfl team they play for.

# 55 jmood88 @ 05/21/09 12:05 PM
Quote:
I dont care what anybody says. I just want something different. Everyone keeps dissing how the players LOOk. (size, helmets, equipment) I don't care about any of that stuff! All I care about is gameplay!!!
But you know nothing about the gameplay so what are you getting excited about? All they've been showing are random screens, they have yet to show a video of any gameplay other than that tackle alley thing(which didn't show much of anything).

# 56 jmood88 @ 05/21/09 12:09 PM
Quote:
This is true, but it makes me angry when people bash this game for how it looks. Who cares how it looks. I mean your all gonna have your (good Lokking) madden this year so who cares. Stop dissing a game because its different and stuff.
If all they release is screenshots then people are going to criticize how the players look.

# 57 fikedemon @ 05/21/09 12:37 PM
You guys are too funny. Misguided as it may be but its still funny. First the game is still a work in progress. The screenshots where to only show that the game has 11 on 11 gameplay. Second of all the screen shots are from a replay. The reason its grainy and has the grid look is because the replay for backbreaker uses the jumbotron screen. Also things like player stances being the same is still being worked on by a devs twitter already.

Im buying both Madden and Backbreaker. But im not gonna suck EA's **** to make yourself feel better about trashing BB and what theyre trying to accomplish as a new company doing a football game. Of course theyre not gonna have a complete football game the first time out. Madden has had years and still hasnt gotten it right yet. So to slam this company who's just coming out the door is laughable.

And yes some of you might need to do some research because we have seen gameplay recently with the recent Qore 12 episode which shows a pass play, and some other great stuff. You should check it out before you speak out your ***.

# 58 SageInfinite @ 05/21/09 12:41 PM
Great to have another option, but I don't expect much from this game.

# 59 adamgod8 @ 05/21/09 12:43 PM
You only need 10 seconds of gameplay video to show all you need to see about this game. This game is not going to be a sim game like Madden is going for, but it won't be too arcadish like Blitz. I want to see hits that I have never seen. I want to say OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THAT HIT?? and then replay it a million times and marvel at it. I want to go to youtube and watch montages on the crazy hits, will I be able to do that with Madden. Hell No. Will I be able to take my Steelers to a Superbowl in Backbreaker? Hell No. That is why I don't think we should be comparing these two. I can't wait for this game...only 2 days left til we start hearing some news.

P.S. Can we PLEASE get Backbreaker its own board. We KNOW it is coming out so stop the BIAS!!

# 60 jmood88 @ 05/21/09 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fikedemon
You guys are too funny. Misguided as it may be but its still funny. First the game is still a work in progress. The screenshots where to only show that the game has 11 on 11 gameplay. Second of all the screen shots are from a replay. The reason its grainy and has the grid look is because the replay for backbreaker uses the jumbotron screen. Also things like player stances being the same is still being worked on by a devs twitter already.

Im buying both Madden and Backbreaker. But im not gonna suck EA's **** to make yourself feel better about trashing BB and what theyre trying to accomplish as a new company doing a football game. Of course theyre not gonna have a complete football game the first time out. Madden has had years and still hasnt gotten it right yet. So to slam this company who's just coming out the door is laughable.

And yes some of you might need to do some research because we have seen gameplay recently with the recent Qore 12 episode which shows a pass play, and some other great stuff. You should check it out before you speak out your ***.
I saw that video and it wasn't enough to show anything, just like the tackle alley video.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.