Home
Gran Turismo 5 News Post

Gamersyde has posted a E3 09 trailer of Gran Turismo 5.

Game: Gran Turismo 5Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 16 - View All
Gran Turismo 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ramenite @ 06/03/09 12:27 AM
All this game needs now is a release date. Someone I know on the inside of Sony says one is planned for TGS(Tokyo Game Show). But take that with a grain of salt.

But if this game is half of what's promised, it's a complete change in the guard of racing games. If the league support is there on PSN, it's going to really push the PC sims. NASCAR, WRC, F1, etc. etc. There's more content in GT5 than on rfactorcentral.

I mean, did you SEE those pit crews? The damage modeling? I can't wait to hook up my G25 and play that all at 1080p.

# 2 R9NALD9 @ 06/03/09 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
All this game needs now is a release date. Someone I know on the inside of Sony says one is planned for TGS(Tokyo Game Show). But take that with a grain of salt.

But if this game is half of what's promised, it's a complete change in the guard of racing games. If the league support is there on PSN, it's going to really push the PC sims. NASCAR, WRC, F1, etc. etc. There's more content in GT5 than on rfactorcentral.

I mean, did you SEE those pit crews? The damage modeling? I can't wait to hook up my G25 and play that all at 1080p.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does the fact that they showed the NASCAR and WRC logos actually mean that they will have the official tracks, teams and drivers for these competitions? If so, Forza 3 is screwed.

I can't wait, damage, 24 hour races with dynamic weather and day/night transitions...geeezzz, it's going to be the best game ever! now they just have to wrestle the exclusive F1 license from codemasters.

# 3 Kruza @ 06/03/09 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does the fact that they showed the NASCAR and WRC logos actually mean that they will have the official tracks, teams and drivers for these competitions?

Yeah, I would think this will be the case. Sony has had the WRC license for a while and actually developed official WRC games for the PS2 earlier this decade, so I can't see any issues with the company carrying the series over to GT5 on the PS3.

Kruza

# 4 Stumbleweed @ 06/03/09 05:52 PM
Um, holy crap. That NASCAR bit looked absolutely ridiculous with the pit crews and whatnot. I don't have a PS3 and won't buy one just for this game, but it's pretty damned amazing based on that trailer.

# 5 R9NALD9 @ 06/04/09 05:59 AM
yeah I reckon if they showed the WRC and Nascar logos without actually having them in the game would result in lawsuites for false advertising.

Anyways, this trailer absolutely blew the doors off the Forza trailer and I simply can't wait to play GT5. It's going to be unreal. Hopefully Polyphony Difital doesn't pull off the suckerpunch Turn 10 did by announing that not everybody will be able to play the full version of Forza 3, in other words you will have to pay more to play more.

If Polyphone Digital does something similar I'm going to be pissed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.