Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out this new Madden NFL 10 video, showing off The Extra Point Halftime Report.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Progenitor @ 06/03/09 06:33 PM
Madden has a loooooooooooooooooooong way to go as far as the "Shows" go (Halftime - Extra Point), but the in game presentation Ian has almost perfected.

# 62 pfunk880 @ 06/03/09 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progenitor
Madden has a loooooooooooooooooooong way to go as far as the "Shows" go (Halftime - Extra Point), but the in game presentation Ian has almost perfected.
With the glaring exception of the play-by-play.

# 63 thmst30 @ 06/03/09 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
They have the ESPN license, but you wouldn't know it by playing the game.

It's almost as if EA is just sitting on the ESPN license so no one else can have it.
We all know that's why they have it. They couldn't care less that ESPN's stuff is at their disposal. They just wanted to lock them up. I'm sure the big wigs at ESPN aren't the least bit happy with it. 2K named their games ESPN XXXX and used ESPN stuff everywhere. I'm sure they though EA would do something similar with their license. Not trying to start something here either, don't attack me.

# 64 Anti Honor @ 06/03/09 06:36 PM
The halfime show was awful. As long as the game plays the way it's supposed to play, I'm satisfied. But I'll be skipping that halftime thing.

# 65 jdr4693 @ 06/03/09 06:36 PM
How can all of us notice it is akward and wierd but to the people at EA they think it looks good? HOW CAN ANYONE THINKS THIS LOOKS GOOD???????

# 66 Progenitor @ 06/03/09 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
How can all of us notice it is akward and wierd but to the people at EA they think it looks good? HOW CAN ANYONE THINKS THIS LOOKS GOOD???????

If they dont see anything wrong with Hammond and the commentary from last year, I'm not sure we should be questioning what looks "GOOD" to EA and what doesn't.

# 67 jdr4693 @ 06/03/09 06:43 PM
I'm sick and tired of hearing next year....next year! It alsmost seems like they did this little effort to pacify the presentation crowd when in reality its a shove in the face to me the consumer. This is crap and they know it. They are just hoping to pacify the presentation peole with the smallest amount of effort possible. Thats how they do it over at EA expense as little energy as possible when doing things!!!!! How can you seriously say with a straight face that is the best you could do???

BACKBREAKER BACKBREAKER BACKBREAKER!!!!

# 68 STLRams @ 06/03/09 06:46 PM
The halftime report looked alot better than last years. The only thing that is missing is play by play commentary of the highlights. But we have to remember that is not the final product, so they may add some commentary to the halftime show, and maybe the Madden devs will add this in a patch or DLC with the missing highlights that are not in the Franchise Extra point show. If they don't we need to request a patch or DLC for Madden10.

# 69 pfunk880 @ 06/03/09 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
The highlights they picked to show...huh? A negative run by a QB? A one yard scramble? Huh? Huh?
That's (probably) because a good portion of the first half was super-simmed so the halftime show could only pick from a limited assortment of plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
And also did anyone catch the guy going "uhhhh awkward" right before halftime when the Broncos player was like frozen in an squat position, I loled.
Guessing that was an older build issue popping up. I got a kick out of it.

# 70 riichiieriich @ 06/03/09 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
We all know that's why they have it. They couldn't care less that ESPN's stuff is at their disposal. They just wanted to lock them up. I'm sure the big wigs at ESPN aren't the least bit happy with it. 2K named their games ESPN XXXX and used ESPN stuff everywhere. I'm sure they though EA would do something similar with their license. Not trying to start something here either, don't attack me.
Lol nothing in your post would make me defensive and start attacking you.

You're more than likely right though.

# 71 thmst30 @ 06/03/09 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
Lol nothing in your post would make me defensive and start attacking you.

You're more than likely right though.
Sorry, I didn't mean you. I meant people who attack when 2K5 is mentioned.

# 72 TreyIM2 @ 06/03/09 06:51 PM
For those of you getting your panties in a bunch over this clip - Not like the game is coming out this Monday. EA has over a month before final code and I would believe that this demo was put together as much as possible just for E3 just like almost every other game company. E3 demos are usually broken no matter what the game so settle down.Heck, we, the average Joe consumer, won't even get a demo for another 2 months and the Madden 09 demo we Joe Shmoes got last year was actually more broken than the actual game. Settle down and take a mature, adult point of view instead of acting like bratty, whiney-*** children....

Now, as for this vid and the MANY others that I have seen not only from E3 but overall, I have to say that this game is really shaping up well. There was another vid of the Extra Point that was real promising. I understand that EA has NEVER done this much for a Madden in so many different aspects of the game from a year to year perspective. If there ends up being some glitches, and there are going to be, so what. That's video games and u have to truly respect the huge amount of work that is going into this Madden. Last year's Madden was glitched up the butt but that didn't take away from my own personal enjoyment and appreciation of the ability to break tackles, for real, for once, much improved graphics. I have never play a Madden for this far beyond football season as I have with Madden 09. Madden 10 looks like it's gunna break that current record of mine.

# 73 drae2 @ 06/03/09 06:54 PM
Wow. It seems like nothing these guys are trying to do will ever satisfy a lot of you. If they hadn't put the presentation that they have in, people would be bitching about that. And now people are bitching about the presentation not being right? Man, I hope people are as passionate about what really matters in life like they are about a video game. Geez.

# 74 TreyIM2 @ 06/03/09 06:55 PM
jdr4693 - C'mon admit it. U have a vagina. C'mon, u can't fool me. U have breasts, too, don't u? Just look in your bra and let me know....
For real, dawg, listen to yourself.

# 75 thmst30 @ 06/03/09 06:55 PM
Nothing NEW is going to be added. Everyone keeps saying well they got 2 months left to add stuff in. NO they don't. This is their refinement phase. They are tweaking/polishing what they have, and that's it. Plus the game comes out in two months, it will go gold in a little over 1 month most likely. If something is missing, then it won't be in. Simple as that.

# 76 Deegeezy @ 06/03/09 06:56 PM
Something for us all to keep in mind when watching ALL of these videos...It's pretty easy for a video game you are not playing to not look that attractive. Not trying to excuse this bland highlight show, but I think the highlights would mean a little more to all of us if it was highlight plays WE made and were getting to view them again in a broadcast style 20 minutes later.

# 77 jp7588 @ 06/03/09 06:56 PM
They've got a lot of work to do with that one. I guess if I could have one wish I'd ask them to improve on what they have next year and not go in a whole new direction. Besides Hammond, the on the field presentation looks awesome so far. The "in-the-studio" presentation exists now but looks to be no more than filler. Take this, keep everything you have, and improve on it. Add music, add commentary over the highlights and stat-overlays, add highlights in extra point, add a draft expert to talk about the upcoming class in the off season(big opportunity here imo, should be able to go into detail because of pre-made draft classes), add a segment about upcoming FA's and whatnot.

It's mind boggling how much 2k5 did with their shows. They should have won some kind of award for that.

# 78 idesign2 @ 06/03/09 06:58 PM
Hmm.....Have to admit I'm not extemely impressed by this halftime show.

First, I have to applaud EA for making the effort. I'm sure they worked hard getting this into the game, and I'm sure it's not nearly as easy as we all think it is.

Having said that, when was the last time you saw highlights on TV without commentary? Yeah, me neither. Also, what's with the extreme closeups during the replays? Maybe I've played that "other NFL game" too much, but when I see game highlights I expect the camera angle to be as close to TV broadcast angle as possible.

And even when commentary is included, it sounds a little jacked up. It's too obvious when names or numbers are inserted into canned dialogue. I'm hoping this can be cleaned up.

Again, overall this game is heading in the right direction, but the fine details seem to be lacking here.

# 79 thmst30 @ 06/03/09 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
For those of you getting your panties in a bunch over this clip - Not like the game is coming out this Monday. EA has over a month before final code and I would believe that this demo was put together as much as possible just for E3 just like almost every other game company. E3 demos are usually broken no matter what the game so settle down.Heck, we, the average Joe consumer, won't even get a demo for another 2 months and the Madden 09 demo we Joe Shmoes got last year was actually more broken than the actual game. Settle down and take a mature, adult point of view instead of acting like bratty, whiney-*** children....

Now, as for this vid and the MANY others that I have seen not only from E3 but overall, I have to say that this game is really shaping up well. There was another vid of the Extra Point that was real promising. I understand that EA has NEVER done this much for a Madden in so many different aspects of the game from a year to year perspective. If there ends up being some glitches, and there are going to be, so what. That's video games and u have to truly respect the huge amount of work that is going into this Madden. Last year's Madden was glitched up the butt but that didn't take away from my own personal enjoyment and appreciation of the ability to break tackles, for real, for once, much improved graphics. I have never play a Madden for this far beyond football season as I have with Madden 09. Madden 10 looks like it's gunna break that current record of mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
jdr4693 - C'mon admit it. U have a vagina. C'mon, u can't fool me. U have breasts, too, don't u? Just look in your bra and let me know....
For real, dawg, listen to yourself.
You mean be mature like you just were?

# 80 Cusefan @ 06/03/09 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
You know I'm really beginning to wonder if the Madden team even knows what presentation we are talking about.

It seems every year they add fluff to the "look" of the game itself, like making fancy windows and menu's. Making fireworks that blow up in the sky, and doing all this stuff to what their definition of presentation.

They don't realize that what we mean by presentation is what 2k5 did with their halftime and postgame shows. I just don't think they know what kind of presentation we want, I really really don't.
You really have to keep in Mind that Madden is on a one year cycle. NFL2k5 did not have amazing Presentation from the very beginning, it took them a few years to really accomplish something special. Now Madden is really close to being very good, Granted we have spotted some things that are just plain Ugly and Awkward, like that linemen right before Half time who was just standing there looking stupid. He was standing there motionless for 7 Seconds!

Ian and Co. have over a month to look at our feedback and make some changes. Somethings probably just did not get added in time for E3. Either way, we have a really good base right now, and I am very happy with the changes made so far. Remember, Rome was not built overnight.

As far as that Half-time show goes though, It was pretty Brutal. I dont know what it is, but these people sound like Robots. Maybe it is time to get a new Announcer or make a Change in the Audio department.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.