Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted his impressions of NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"Game planning is another addition that provides the user with a way to influence how the team plays. What I most like about this is since you can only control one guy at a time the CPU has in general just played a standard way in the past. Now you can set it to conservative, balanced, or aggressive for offense and defense. Set to aggressive and your players will go for strips and try to break tackles. Basically they look for the big play in all situations. Set to conservative and the players will try to avoid the big mistake and play it safe. This will affect both the CPU controlled players and the player being user controlled.

I saw the effects of this immediately in my first game when I set both to aggressive. This is likely how most people will begin until they realize the downsides. On the first two possessions I was called for three face masks. In another game I said the hell with it I was going aggressive again. On one of the kick returns my guy practically refused to go down which ended up resulting in a fumble. I would recommend aggressive for situational use as opposed to playing that way for a full game. Conservative fits my play style better anyway so I shifted back to that for the most part. Balanced would provide a similar style to how the CPU has generally played in the past."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 countryboy @ 06/05/09 06:44 PM
I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I know how long it takes to do any portion of development of the game, nor am I going to blame the addition of a feature as the reason for the lacking of advancement in other areas. Because the fact of the matter is, I have no idea.

While I wish that NCAA shared everything that Madden has, I am glad that they at least took a moment to address some of the key issues that plagued the game last year. Now did they address all? Probably not, but they addressed some of the more important ones in my opinion (pusuit angles, lack of pass rush, dynasty mode) and they also added in the new pro-tak (OL/DL interaction, WR/DB jostling), although its not as extensive as what Madden has.

So yes, there are things that I wish were added this year(formation subs, FCS teams, etc), I am glad that they have seemingly addressed some of the issues that hurt the game last year.

# 62 sithlord06 @ 06/08/09 11:04 AM
EA please give up your NCAA license and let other people make college football games, its already enough that you have the NFL license....please let go of this petty college license so others can make games and you can stop just adding gimmicky things each year and not really improving the gameplay.

# 63 nstod @ 06/08/09 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord06
EA please give up your NCAA license and let other people make college football games, its already enough that you have the NFL license....please let go of this petty college license so others can make games and you can stop just adding gimmicky things each year and not really improving the gameplay.
You have 8 posts, and the first 7 directly referenced 2k. This one indirectly does. I'm wondering if you're a fanboy.... hmm....

# 64 chrsn @ 06/08/09 12:11 PM
Is it too early to start compiling our wish list for NCAA Football 11 (or is it NCAA Football 09 v3.0)?

# 65 bmxdmx @ 06/08/09 06:23 PM
patiently waiting for the review of the game that's a full build.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.