Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted his impressions of NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"Game planning is another addition that provides the user with a way to influence how the team plays. What I most like about this is since you can only control one guy at a time the CPU has in general just played a standard way in the past. Now you can set it to conservative, balanced, or aggressive for offense and defense. Set to aggressive and your players will go for strips and try to break tackles. Basically they look for the big play in all situations. Set to conservative and the players will try to avoid the big mistake and play it safe. This will affect both the CPU controlled players and the player being user controlled.

I saw the effects of this immediately in my first game when I set both to aggressive. This is likely how most people will begin until they realize the downsides. On the first two possessions I was called for three face masks. In another game I said the hell with it I was going aggressive again. On one of the kick returns my guy practically refused to go down which ended up resulting in a fumble. I would recommend aggressive for situational use as opposed to playing that way for a full game. Conservative fits my play style better anyway so I shifted back to that for the most part. Balanced would provide a similar style to how the CPU has generally played in the past."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 beau21 @ 06/04/09 10:40 AM
Quote:
There are no team entrances or new style of replays or cut scenes that I came across.

# 2 Jistic @ 06/04/09 10:41 AM
About what I expected. Improved, but nothing mind blowing.

I have to pick it up to use my team builder team however.

I think it is getting time though for NCAA to start thinking about a huge leap forward like Madden is.

I think NCAA is coasting this year, but it does look better than last year.

# 3 Happyvally74 @ 06/04/09 10:42 AM
Good write up. Would have liked to hear some news on the OL/DL interaction.

# 4 kindella2 @ 06/04/09 10:48 AM
good review...i think the bands and team entraces would be something that would eventually get skipped so there is no big loss for me. Just like the fixes...liked 09 just fine.

# 5 greenegt @ 06/04/09 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I think it is getting time though for NCAA to start thinking about a huge leap forward like Madden is.

I think NCAA is coasting this year, but it does look better than last year.
I agree. TeamBuilder was a biggie and now that it has been implemented, I hope the devs focus on a Madden 10-level gameplay leap for next year.

In the meantime, I can accept NCAA 10 for what it is. As long as nothing game-killing pops up, I'll have fun with it.

# 6 Watson @ 06/04/09 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
I agree. TeamBuilder was a biggie and now that it has been implemented, I hope the devs focus on a Madden 10-level gameplay leap for next year.

In the meantime, I can accept NCAA 10 for what it is. As long as nothing game-killing pops up, I'll have fun with it.
same here. Ill take NCAA and i will enjoy it.

# 7 MSchneider84 @ 06/04/09 11:10 AM
You guys do realize that all of the whining you did about CAS took A LOT of dev. time away from the actually game. I won't even use Team Builder, so it doesn't sound like there is much of a difference between 09 and 10.

# 8 nstod @ 06/04/09 11:28 AM
I can't access his site at work. Anyone want to paste it in here for me? TIA.

# 9 Jistic @ 06/04/09 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneider84
You guys do realize that all of the whining you did about CAS took A LOT of dev. time away from the actually game. I won't even use Team Builder, so it doesn't sound like there is much of a difference between 09 and 10.

Really? Could you break that down for us so we can see how much dev time it took away from the game?

# 10 moylan1234 @ 06/04/09 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Really? Could you break that down for us so we can see how much dev time it took away from the game?
just by comparing dev quotes from last year the time that went in wasn't anywhere near online dynasty

# 11 Teddy_Long @ 06/04/09 11:40 AM
let me see here:

no new equipment
no new camera angles
no new presentation or team entrances
and a patch improved gameplay

sounds to me to be ncaa 9.5 i already have ncaa 09, just send me another patch LOL

# 12 SHO @ 06/04/09 11:44 AM
Officially NCAA 09.5.

*sigh*

# 13 nstod @ 06/04/09 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
let me see here:

no new equipment
no new camera angles
no new presentation or team entrances
and a patch improved gameplay

sounds to me to be ncaa 9.5 i already have ncaa 09, just send me another patch LOL
no new camera angles - FALSE. There isn't MULTIPLE camera angles, but there is a NEW camera angle.

no new presentation - FALSE again.

patch improved gameplay. Patch? I'm curious how much dev time you think it would take to implement adaptive AI, modify OL/DL, WR/CB interactions, implement branching animations, among NUMEROUS other updates to the gameplay. Just curious why you call this a "patch". Is this how it works?

if (version == "09")
gameplay = "sucks";
else if (version == "10")
gameplay = "better";

# 14 sportzbro @ 06/04/09 11:52 AM
Quote:
Presentation wise there isn’t all that much new. The bands during pregame appear to have been the main addition. That does absolutely nothing for me except add something new to skip through. There are no team entrances or new style of replays or cut scenes that I came across.
So basically one of biggest elements of the game, presentation, has essentially been untouched with the exception of bands...

Spectacular NCAA.

Edit: Forgot about windsocks...

# 15 stoncold32 @ 06/04/09 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneider84
...that is rather true, though. So many people kept asking for CAS, and Div II schools. So EA knocked both of them out with one stone essentially, and people are complaining about it.

I just hope the gameplay team did as much under the hood work at the Teambuilder crew.

# 16 BigD @ 06/04/09 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
So basically one of biggest elements of the game, presentation, has essentially been untouched with the exception of bands...

Spectacular NCAA.

Edit: Forgot about windsocks...
No, I think its that new sideline reporter, hell, I don't even know her name. If implementing her into the game doesn't make you want to buy it, what will? Sad.

# 17 berad88 @ 06/04/09 12:01 PM
The game sounds awesome. I can't wait to play it.
Those adjustments in gameplay and adjustments to AI were needed way more than presentation and will really add to the enjoyment of the game.
Not saying that some added presentation is not needed or was not expected but I truly expect this to be a really fun game.

# 18 berad88 @ 06/04/09 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
and Div II schools. So EA knocked both of them out with one stone essentially, and people are complaining about it.

NOT TRUE
I still want real Division II schools. With CAS you can create FCS teams but you have to replace Division I teams with them, while the generic FCS teams are not replaceable.

That means the generic FCS teams will always be on the schedule no matter what! That is NOT real!!!

I hope that next year they can get in the real FCS teams the right way and that is more important to me than 1 billion cut scenes of presentation.

# 19 olemiss86 @ 06/04/09 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
This isn't everything, but you may find it helpful:

"Presentation wise there isn’t all that much new. The bands during pregame appear to have been the main addition. That does absolutely nothing for me except add something new to skip through. There are no team entrances or new style of replays or cut scenes that I came across.

Ultimately if you liked 09’s gameplay you’ll like 10. If you liked 09 but felt there were several issues then you’ll probably be satisfied with what they’ve done for 10. However if you had a strong dislike of 09 I wouldn’t expect that feeling to shift based on the gameplay related changes and additions.

They aren't advertising wide open gameplay this year but there is still a sense of that. Its tough for me to make those judgments based on such a small sample size though."

so the guy can't link the page, but you felt good just to show him the stuff most people thought was negative about the game? C'mon. If you are going to copy and paste bits and pieces then you need to paste a little of the stuff he felt was good about the game.

# 20 Tuxedo9000 @ 06/04/09 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyvally74
Good write up. Would have liked to hear some news on the OL/DL interaction.
On Utopia Pasta said that the pocket wasn't as pronounced as Madden and it was still easy to break outside of it. He said he didn't notice it much from the small bit he played.

Rather disappointing.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.