Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted his impressions of Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
"The CPU AI is immensely improved from what I saw on All-Pro difficulty. The CPU was throwing the deep ball, breaking off big runs, and mixing up the play calling. Going up against that for the first time caught me off guard and I ended up paying the price. Surely there will be weaknesses found but I was impressed with the way the CPU attacked in some situations but played it safe in others such as a draw on 3rd and long."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 adembroski @ 06/05/09 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I am thinking that the Contracts, Cap, and Trade Logic would put to much stress on the EA servers. There is still some time to get this into the game so I would not freak out yet. I would wait until Monday and hear what Ian has to say.
Not so much... the reason is time. Nothing less, nothing more. Time.

# 22 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/05/09 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
DAMN DAWG!!!!!! After all the defending you have been doing you give the game a 7.5?!?!?! LOL you all right with me mayne.
Well bro some people on heree lately has been getting on my case bout defending Ian and madden crew. I am trying to find a balance between defending the game and Ian and his crew, but trying to point out the bad points in the game aswell. I see that the game has some issues still even with all that Ian and crew has done to it this year. The game overall is going to be fun again. But people can't expect Ian to produce a perfect game. Every gmae will have some problems. But the game does got some tuning and tweaking issues that need to be fixed in the next few weeks are when they are working on the game for next year. I am so sorry if I am hurting some of your feelings trying to defend a guy who has taken his time and coming on here to intereact with us and give us our wishes into the game. But even when he does all that. People seem to still find ways to pick him apart even for the smallest crap.

# 23 I Peench @ 06/05/09 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
Nothing preventing me from talking about it. E3 just isn't an environment where you can get into franchise mode.
When Ian spoke to you about implementing contracts and cap into O.F., how optimistic did he sound?

# 24 cdon2k @ 06/05/09 10:35 PM
Love my boy Pasta, but he's definitely on the take....

"I was relieved that Pro Tak didn't take over the experience..."

As in, you never see it lol... I think I saw it 3 or 4 times in all of those videos that are up. I have heard people say that it shouldn't be frequent, but get real... the majority of plays up the middle should result in a multi player tackle at the end of the run.

To make matters worse, one of the more prominent moments where I saw it in action was very strange; It happened right after a reception, the wr turned up field and got in a "fight for every yard" situation with no momentum after the turn and near the sideline caught between a safety and a chasing db haha...

I really have to stop or i'll be labeled a *****

All said, I am buying this game!

# 25 the drewster @ 06/05/09 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
woah woah woah, no contracts in online franchise? how is this going to work? as a commish, i'm at a loss. i can deal with no cap and no trade logic, but no contracts? wtf...seriously, this ruins the entire experience.
i agree, they should have focused on creating online franchise with no drawbacks rather than making it very accessable. im interested in how all these problems will effect the whole experience and will the franchise even work. My question is will online franchise even be fun? What were they thinking

# 26 Steve_OS @ 06/05/09 10:45 PM
This is the quote I like.

"The CPU AI is immensely improved from what I saw on All-Pro difficulty. The CPU was throwing the deep ball, breaking off big runs, and mixing up the play calling. Going up against that for the first time caught me off guard and I ended up paying the price. Surely there will be weaknesses found but I was impressed with the way the CPU attacked in some situations but played it safe in others such as a draw on 3rd and long."

# 27 Danimal @ 06/05/09 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
If you're having this problem PM me the browser you're using and version of it. Seems like its just a handful of people having this happen and they all are using IE. Trying to narrow it down to figure it out.
I can probably help you figure it out, Tweet me, we had to do a lot of new work on a lot of old websites thanks to IE8. MS loves mucking things up with each release. Don't know why anyone uses IE anyway.

# 28 the drewster @ 06/05/09 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

this was also something that i was pleased to hear. I think offline franchise will be much better just because playing the computer will be more fun.

# 29 droopizzle34 @ 06/05/09 10:50 PM
From what it looks like, Madden 10 will be a HUGE improvement from the previous Madden games of next gen.Alot of things have been added,tweaked,and fixed......yet there will still be moments that make you want to curse EA and be a troll.
I guess the biggest thing I have learned from E3 and Pasta's review is that Rome wasn't built in a day;we're gonna have to be patient as Ian and co. make the game evolve. We are hype about online franchise,but must deal with the shortcomings of no cap,contracts.etc....
I feel happy,and a tad frustrated about some of the things I feel EA should have already gotten right 5 years into this current lifecycle of consoles,but I do see a dedicated team who seems to care about what we want and hopefully we'll see the glory of Madden restored soon.....(or the exclusive license done away wiith....sorry guys,had to throw a shot in there....)

so just have some patience guys, BELIEVE me I feel ya,but Madden 10 seems to be the REAL START of the rise of Madden to greatness again.

# 30 SageInfinite @ 06/05/09 10:51 PM
Thanx for the impressions.

# 31 bigwill33 @ 06/05/09 10:52 PM
Thanks for the write up Pasta, hoping this game is all it can be.

# 32 pastapadre @ 06/05/09 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
When Ian spoke to you about implementing contracts and cap into O.F., how optimistic did he sound?
Just the sense I got is that it won't be done for this year. I suppose it remains a possibility but I'm not expecting that until 11.

# 33 Smoke316 @ 06/05/09 10:53 PM
Quote:

thats great.. i remember seeing the tougher teams on my schedule and getting worried..only to beat them anyway. It seems now that ill be worried again to see the Pats week 3 of the 2009 season..cant wait

# 34 splff3000 @ 06/05/09 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Not if you make it a private franchise...OMG!

there are always two option, Public and Private, pick Private and you personally invite your friends.
You're right. I don't know why I would think that they wouldn't have a private setting. Oh I know why.....because there's no salary cap, no contract, and no trade logic. Still though, you're probably right. I was just jumping to conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoL2k
But if you can play a franchise by yourself, online, I am sure you can password protect your franchise or do Invite only, AS WELL as open for anyone...

Just an assumption
You would also ASSUME that they have salary caps, trade.....oh you know the rest. What I'm saying is you can't really assume anything right now.

EDIT: After re-reading my post, it may come off as me being a smartazz to you guys. That's not the case. Actually I was agreeing with you, but it kinda looks like I'm being a jerk or something. That's not the case though.

# 35 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/05/09 10:56 PM
Quote:

Well with the AI doing this. Is this a good thing are a bad thing lol. To me it sounds like a good thing. Because now you can be challenge by the AI without you blowing out the AI every game.

# 36 CM Hooe @ 06/05/09 10:59 PM
Here's hoping that EA Tiburon attempts to put some extra hutspah into online franchise to get player contracts and free agency in; that area is fairly critical to the franchise experience. Given that it's a webapp, I'm thinking this is possible.

With that said, everything else sounds great. Great read, Pastapadre.

# 37 Deegeezy @ 06/05/09 11:00 PM
Quote:
Of course there were some oddities that would generally would come along with a build still in development. In a minor error I noticed instances when the home team and score was listed above the road team and score. For whatever reason that stood out and irked me each time I saw it.
Glad to see I am not the only one.

# 38 Smoke316 @ 06/05/09 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well with the AI doing this. Is this a good thing are a bad thing lol. To me it sounds like a good thing. Because now you can be challenge by the AI without you blowing out the AI every game.
yep..even losing a game or two..and maybe not making the playoffs

# 39 cdon2k @ 06/05/09 11:12 PM
I hate having the last post on a page... might as well not even bother... and it was so good too

# 40 adembroski @ 06/05/09 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Love my boy Pasta, but he's definitely on the take....

"I was relieved that Pro Tak didn't take over the experience..."

As in, you never see it lol... I think I saw it 3 or 4 times in all of those videos that are up. I have heard people say that it shouldn't be frequent, but get real... the majority of plays up the middle should result in a multi player tackle at the end of the run.

To make matters worse, one of the more prominent moments where I saw it in action was very strange; It happened right after a reception, the wr turned up field and got in a "fight for every yard" situation with no momentum after the turn and near the sideline caught between a safety and a chasing db haha...

I really have to stop or i'll be labeled a *****

All said, I am buying this game!
Nice thing is, it's something they built in a way to tune it very easily, so I expect we'll see improvements. It was happening WAY too much at CD, so it's sort of a matter of finding the happy medium between then and now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.