Home
Madden 2010 News Post

ESPN Videogames sat down with EA Sports' Phil Frazier and Ian Cummings to find out more about the mode, including all the dirt on free agency and importing your draft class in Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
ESPN: "When you hear people already talking about how "Madden 10" should be the best "Madden" of all time, do you feel the pressure to deliver?"

Ian Cummings: "It's a lot of pressure, but at the same time, some people are going to be upset no matter what you do. Everything we did is a framework to build on. I don't think we added anything that was a one-and-done feature. When I look at what we've done with this game, I think we've set ourselves up for the next five years. If we didn't fulfill every wish list and every request, we sure fulfilled a hell of a lot of them.

Phil Frazier: With everything we focused on, from Pro-Tak to online franchise, we focused on the core, we focused on making a great football game. We didn't focus on any gimmicks, or anything we view as gimmicks, and I think in the end we'll be rewarded. Again, great new animations and tackles in Pro-Tak, solid presentation in cut scenes with new audio, new banners, plus online franchise ... Madden 10 is a full package."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/11/09 01:42 PM
Ian has done said once the game drop onn the august 14. That he will try to add the salary cap and contract to the online part. It can be done. But that is if they want to do it are wait until next year to do it.

# 2 mars85042 @ 06/11/09 01:49 PM
CPU trades in a online franchise a huge mistake, have a commissioner in charge of that.

If you want to trade with the CPU in your offline franchise fine, but whenever you put a CPU against a human you will find a loop hole or see someone exploit flaws to get the player they want. Have a trade committee & have things done fairly.
Ian has put us in control; for the first time you run your franchise.

# 3 ghostlight85 @ 06/11/09 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars85042
CPU trades in a online franchise a huge mistake, have a commissioner in charge of that.

If you want to trade with the CPU in your offline franchise fine, but whenever you put a CPU against a human you will find a loop hole or see someone exploit flaws to get the player they want. Have a trade committee & have things done fairly.
Ian has put us in control; for the first time you run your franchise.

Yeah, I tend to agree. However, I think that a working free agency is a must for franchise. We can fake it in a league with a solid set of users and a good commish, but EA should do everything they can to get it in this year on the server side.

# 4 Gagnon39 @ 06/11/09 02:21 PM
I wonder if he was blown away.

# 5 Smoke316 @ 06/11/09 03:37 PM
I really hope they can implement it this yr..right now im thinking of running an online franchise with fantasy draft first..that way the need for free agency is a lil less being that everyone just drafted. hopefully by the end of that franchise , the trade logic and player contracts will be in and we ca start over with real teams. It would be cool if they posted the rules they used at EA for their franchise so we could use them for ours. Donny had mentioned a few in that q n a and they seemed nice and simple to follow.

# 6 Smoke316 @ 06/11/09 03:57 PM
the madden servers for me have been jsut fine, i dont know about other EA games. Im sure it CANNOT be worse that NBA 2K9 servers

# 7 TDKing @ 06/11/09 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I think it is hilarious how much they are hyping up the 'Server Driven' aspect of it all.

Have people forgotten how AWFUL EA's servers are?
but by them hyping it tells me that they will do something to fix OF Salary cap and Player contracts soon after release if not why keeping on hyping it.

# 8 marcoyk @ 06/11/09 06:23 PM
Hurry up August 14th.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.