Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Check out the new NBA Live 10 blog.

Quote:
"That’s right…I said it. And I mean it. NBA LIVE has an extremely rich tradition of creating some amazing basketball video games, but admittedly has had a tough couple of years recently and the product hasn’t lived up to expectations…both internally as well as externally.

Some of you may have read how we’ve changed the team making the game…moving some people around and bringing some people onboard to complement the existing team. We’ve also really honed in on where the game was deficient and addressed those areas. The direction this year has been about making LIVE a great playing basketball game again, while focusing on improving our in game presentation, visuals and atmosphere, getting to a never seen before level of authenticity with our players, providing you with a brand new way of playing OTP and taking Dynamic DNA to an entirely new level, both with how it impacts players and gameplay throughout the NBA season as well as how you as a connected user use it to change the way to play NBA LIVE."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 06/17/09 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
NICE!

# 2 Jamin23 @ 06/17/09 01:42 PM
Quote:
OMG!! Stephansonmc you are the best!!You made me very happy. You have my 60 bucks. I can't wait for this game.

# 3 Drocks @ 06/17/09 01:43 PM
Awww man, gettin me all hyped for NBA when the season just ended LOL

# 4 rjmdeuce79 @ 06/17/09 01:47 PM
good stuff, looks like I'm shelling out an extra 60 bucks this b-ball season!

# 5 Stumbleweed @ 06/17/09 01:49 PM
"brand new way of playing OTP"

*squeal*

Seriously though, this is by far the most addictive and rewarding mode in sports games if done properly. That hasn't been done yet... I'm hopeful that the emphasis on OTP will pay off with Live, because I'm sure that would suck up 75% of my time in next year's crop of b-ball games.. so hooked on OTP.

# 6 ehh @ 06/17/09 01:52 PM
Not a ton of info but I like their confidence. Very excited about the idea of a big improvement in the "little things" that Sean mentioned because that's an area where 2K really outshines Live at the moment.

Nice image of LeBron but Live looked good in stills last year too. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get some gameplay vids.

# 7 FlyRice @ 06/17/09 01:53 PM
What's OTP?

# 8 stephensonmc @ 06/17/09 01:54 PM
If you guys look really closely at the image, you can find 4 things that are completely different this year.....

# 9 Jamin23 @ 06/17/09 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
What's OTP?
Online team play

# 10 DaWolf @ 06/17/09 01:57 PM
looks great. Cant wait for october. Will Live 10 be at GamesCom this year?

# 11 FlyRice @ 06/17/09 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Online team play
Ah, Thanks. Can't wait to see more of this game. Even though I've been buying 2k the last couple of years, I've been playing it less and less each year. The most fun I have had with a bball game was Live 04 and 05.

# 12 ©roke @ 06/17/09 02:00 PM
Quote:
If you guys look really closely at the image, you can find 4 things that are completely different this year.....
I'm gonna try...

the headband, the rubber bands, the crowd aaannddd... the chalk?

# 13 rockchisler @ 06/17/09 02:00 PM
Good start cant wait till Friday.

# 14 Stumbleweed @ 06/17/09 02:00 PM
Here's the image in case some of you can't see it on the blog page for whatever reason:

Looks great... I can't pick out the 4 things you mentioned, but it is impressive. The crowd in that shot (though blurry) looks improved as well and the lighting seems better (upper areas of the arena aren't dark like they tended to be in 09)... looks like it has the depth of field like Madden '10 has.

# 15 stephensonmc @ 06/17/09 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ©roke
I'm gonna try...

the headband, the rubber bands, the crowd aaannddd... the chalk?
those were all in last year except for the "chalk"

Quote:
Looks great... I can't pick out the 4 things you mentioned, but it is impressive. The crowd in that shot (though blurry) looks improved as well and the lighting seems better... looks like it has the depth of field like Madden '10 has.
You have a few in there....

# 16 ExtremeGamer @ 06/17/09 02:02 PM
Quote:
Wrist bands
Bigger crowd
Tats
And it says 10 instead of 09 after NBA Live

# 17 stephensonmc @ 06/17/09 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Good start cant wait till Friday.
There won't be a post on Friday. This WAS this week's post. Next Friday we start our weekly cadence.

# 18 Stumbleweed @ 06/17/09 02:04 PM
The skin textures in his 5 o'clock shadow area look especially great... almost Fight Night quality there.

# 19 rockchisler @ 06/17/09 02:04 PM
Quote:
There won't be a post on Friday. This WAS this week's post. Next Friday we start our weekly cadence.
Oops my bad..Cant wait till next Friday.

# 20 ©roke @ 06/17/09 02:06 PM
Am I seeing a banner in the crowd?

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.