Home
NHL 10 News Post

Gamestop has posted some more details about NHL 10.

Quote:
" * New Battle for the Cup Mode: Experience the intensity of NHL playoff hockey. Play through injuries, intimidate rivals, and match lines as storylines carry across the entire series.
* Build a Stanley Cup Champion: All-new GM mode lets you scout amateurs, put players on the trading block, hire staff, and earn experience points to become a legendary GM.
* Battle on the Boards: Shield the puck with your body, kick-pass it to teammates, or pin your opponent against the boards with an all-new board play engine.
* All-New First-Person Fighting: Change the momentum by trading blows with an NHL enforcer. Tug an opponent’s jersey to gain an advantage—before or after the whistle.
* Become the Ultimate Pro: Improve your draft status by dominating the prospects game, then use new coaching tips, improved teammate AI, and detailed position instructions as you build the ultimate career.
* Capture Multiple Championships: The coveted EA SPORTS Hockey League Cup is always up for grabs as new seasons start on a monthly basis online.
* New Intimidation Tactics: Fore-check defenders, pressure the puck, and finish checks to force your opponent into mistakes, as players fatigue, bobble passes, and avoid collisions under threat of physical pressure.
* All-New Post-Whistle Action: The action never stops! Antagonize opposing players, finish checks, retaliate for late shots on goal, draw penalties, and pick fights—all after the referee blows the whistle!"

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ohyeahbaby123 @ 06/18/09 05:16 PM
GM mode?

# 2 tyler289 @ 06/18/09 06:30 PM
Wow, I'm going to assume those are legit, and they sound amazing. GM mode? playoff mode...prospects game

i'm drooling...

# 3 Ovie @ 06/18/09 06:41 PM
One word to describe what this game will be this year.

Amazing.

If they keep building off of NHL 09/10 this way we could have a near perfect game in a couple more years.

# 4 centauris @ 06/18/09 07:46 PM
still no fantasy draft.. hmm

# 5 tyler289 @ 06/18/09 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Though the wording somewhat leads to a GM mode, I'm more inclined to think this just means dynasty mode got some well deserved attention.
It says, "with an all-new GM mode"....and you can earn points to become a legendary GM...

# 6 Vince @ 06/18/09 08:33 PM
top prospects game?

WOWOOWOWOWOWOW...

# 7 Perceptor @ 06/18/09 08:46 PM
Me too. The GM mode sounds awesome Can't wait for this game

# 8 Money99 @ 06/18/09 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
top prospects game?

WOWOOWOWOWOWOW...
+1!!!

And I can't wait to hear more about this GM mode. I just pray you can be fired if you suck at your job, forcing you to find another opening.

Madden 2000(?) had this feature and I remember getting let go by the Lions after 5 years and I had to wait 3 stinking years before anyone would offer me a job.
I was ticked because my GM skills were legendary but I loved how I could be fired for doing a bad job and I could also leave and try my luck somewhere else.

# 9 Bolts_26 @ 06/18/09 10:07 PM
I thought with all of the info this will be the year.

Prospect games, Trading block, ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

I'm in love!!

# 10 Ridgeberg @ 06/18/09 10:08 PM
Top prospects game seems like it will be the beginning of your Be a Pro. I think NCAA football did this one year, where you start by playing the high school All-Star game to determine your ratings and then you get offered a list of colleges. I do not think we'll be seeing the top prospects mode implemented anywhere else. It would be cool though.

# 11 Bolts_26 @ 06/18/09 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeberg
Top prospects game seems like it will be the beginning of your Be a Pro. I think NCAA football did this one year, where you start by playing the high school All-Star game to determine your ratings and then you get offered a list of colleges. I do not think we'll be seeing the top prospects mode implemented anywhere else. It would be cool though.
I think its going to be more like a game or series of games.

I'm looking forward to this. I hope that if your like amazing and get picked 1st you could skip the AHL BS and go to the NHL.

I doubt it, but I hope that if your like picked in the 5th round you can still play in the ECHL or something..

# 12 Whitesox @ 06/18/09 10:20 PM
And here I didn't like gamestop because of their underhanded tactics of buying exclusive content...

# 13 beacon @ 06/18/09 11:26 PM
Great find.

I wonder what the difference between GM mode and dynasty mode will be, because it really does sound just like a highly improved dynasty mode with a new name. Which, if that's the case, isn't getting any complaints from me, heh.

# 14 Bolts_26 @ 06/18/09 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beacon
Great find.

I wonder what the difference between GM mode and dynasty mode will be, because it really does sound just like a highly improved dynasty mode with a new name. Which, if that's the case, isn't getting any complaints from me, heh.
I think that is what it is. A new dynasty mode.

# 15 savoie2006 @ 06/19/09 03:19 AM
I didn't find it, someone on another forum did.

# 16 boritter @ 06/19/09 03:45 AM
The top prospects mode sounds sweet.

# 17 Money99 @ 06/19/09 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeberg
Yeah, NCAA09's Campus Legend starts with you trying to win a National High School title. I think you can play up to 4 games with your ratings depending on your success.

The prospects game will be cool for many reasons but one in particular will be to play against your peers. You'll get to see the other potential draftees and it'll be interesting to see how high or low they get picked.

It'll also make for some personal rivalries too.

# 18 bigwill33 @ 06/19/09 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
THANKS OP you just gave us more info than what CL and EA would in 3 months of trickle fluff basic info just to here a simple yes or no on Playoff mode !
Find of the year '
To quote EA PR "good things come to those who wait" my A$$ .
Just silly not to release basic info , geez its not the H bomb .
Im starting to like the gamestop more and more
You probably just answered your own question as to why it is done this way.

If you wonder why game companies are hush hush on things like this it is because they have deals in place as to who gets to release this info first. Gamestop probably had a deal in which they got to release that info, hence why EA wouldn't mention it and the NDA prevented people who saw or played the game from speaking to it.

Business people, it sucks for the consumer at times, but it makes the world turn.

# 19 armi5718 @ 06/19/09 11:54 AM
Prospects game sounds great although I wonder who the other prospects will be in the game. The draft, as I imagine it, would be for the 09-10 season so . . . are we going to see Tavares and Hedman in our prospects game or I wonder if there will be a second 09-10 draft throwing a new set of rookies on top of the Tavares draft class. Hopefully it is the former and not the latter.

# 20 savoie2006 @ 06/19/09 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Listen I understand if its a new gimmic ect but when its something basic like playoff mode which was last gen or whos on the cover secret that just silly .
From what I heard at Ea boards it wasnt supposed to be released info and to prove my point FM refuses to discuss it here which kind of proves that point.
You got to understand that anyone who attended the community and has inside info, is still under contract to be hush hush until EA says so. Even then it will only be about certain things. As already stated, Gamestop probably had the go ahead, but that doesn't mean the rest can talk about it. Heck, I don't think they can any confirm it.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.