Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

PROJECTED NO.1 DRAFT PICK BLAKE GRIFFIN
NAMED COVER ATHLETE OF EA SPORTS NCAA BASKETBALL 10

Game Brings Added Depth to Team Styles of Play and Authenticity

Redwood City, Calif. – Tuesday, June 23, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that Blake Griffin, former Oklahoma Sooner and the projected top pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, will be the new face of EA SPORTS™ NCAA Basketball 10. Griffin has an explosive presence, exciting college stadiums with massive dunks, huge blocks, and aggressive rebounds, and was a natural choice to represent the college game as cover athlete for NCAA Basketball 10. Griffin is the consensus national Player of the Year, winning the Big 12, Associated Press, Naismith, Sporting News, and John Wooden Player of the Year awards, and led his team to an Elite Eight appearance in the 2009 March Madness Tournament, where they lost to eventual champions, UNC. The 2009 NBA Draft is presented by EA SPORTS.

“Seeing myself on the cover of NCAA Basketball 10 is such a great tribute to my time at Oklahoma,” said Griffin. “I loved playing in front of passionate fans and competing against some of the best schools in the country. Now I am looking forward to competing at the next level against the best players in the world.”

NCAA Basketball 10 brings the emotion, intensity, and spirit of college basketball by capturing every detail in the stadium, from cheerleaders and mascots to wild crowds and real NCAA Basketball announcers. NCAA Basketball 10 builds on a new game engine introduced last year, refining and improving core gameplay functions, and adding more depth to the popular ‘styles of play’ and ‘set your tempo’ features, making NCAA Basketball 10 a strategic and entirely unique basketball gameplay experience.

NCAA Basketball 10, which is licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, is currently in development under the EA SPORTS brand by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C., and will be available in North America this holiday season. The game will be available for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information, log onto http://www.easports.com/ncaabasketball10.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kgbrolic @ 06/23/09 12:23 PM
I never got this....they can post real players onthe box...but can't use their real names in the game. How backwards is that?

# 2 mvb34 @ 06/23/09 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbrolic
I never got this....they can post real players onthe box...but can't use their real names in the game. How backwards is that?
They can because Blake is no longer a college basketball player.

# 3 bigsmallwood @ 06/23/09 01:01 PM
This was the best possible choice!

# 4 funky_chicken @ 06/23/09 01:39 PM
Nice choice. This year's NBA draft is kind of thin so Griffin was the best person to choose. I like the cover. Now we just need some info on the game.

# 5 raidersbball20 @ 06/23/09 02:11 PM
good cover choice, his face looks kind of weird on it

# 6 michfan16 @ 06/23/09 02:16 PM
hopefully this game will improve

# 7 marcoyk @ 06/23/09 02:34 PM
Ahhhhh I thought Hansbrough would make it but I'll live with this because he's by far the best player in this year's draft.

# 8 icealien @ 06/23/09 02:45 PM
Griffin was a good choice

# 9 ianlast @ 06/23/09 03:00 PM
Wonder if he'll be on the PS3 cover as well. If not, I'd love to see Gerald Henderson on it.

/Duke haters

# 10 osubucksfan47 @ 06/23/09 03:28 PM
Obvious choice, but I think they're trying too hard with the effects...they made him look a lot like Taylor Griffin imo.

# 11 ianlast @ 06/23/09 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michfan16
hopefully this game will improve
If it improves as much as 09 did compared to MM08, we could be talking about sports game of the year.

# 12 TerryP @ 06/23/09 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
Would be something to get hyped about if it were 2K.
Wrong forum.

# 13 TrapStar215 @ 06/23/09 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbrolic
That's because if you put a player on the cover that is in college, you have to pay him. And that's against NCAA rules. That's what happen with O.J. Mayo and USC's former coach.

# 14 jyoung @ 06/23/09 07:35 PM
What's with EA using all these stupid blur effects on their 10 games?

Can't believe someone green-lighted that.

# 15 BigDofBA @ 06/23/09 07:59 PM
awesome.

# 16 shsboiballa13 @ 06/23/09 08:32 PM
Tyreke Evans. He really made a difference in the college bball season. The first game they lost when he was at point was against Missouri. If Tyreke weren't at point they would've been a 6 seed or lower.

# 17 TrapStar215 @ 06/23/09 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsboiballa13
Tyreke Evans. He really made a difference in the college bball season. The first game they lost when he was at point was against Missouri. If Tyreke weren't at point they would've been a 6 seed or lower.
What does this have to do with the cover?

# 18 Mrcabone @ 06/23/09 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
Would be something to get hyped about if it were 2K.
True

# 19 DubTrey1 @ 06/23/09 09:35 PM
Something just looks off about the screens... the player models, the net - I dunno, just seems "off". I hope they right the ship somehow this year and make the game play better....

# 20 shindiana @ 06/23/09 09:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=4282111

Around one minute mark you have a video of NCAA Basketball game with Blake Griffin.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.