Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

NCAA Football 10’s TeamBuilder Provides Fans with More Than 100,000 Teams to Choose from on July 14th

In anticipation of the release of NCAA Football 10, thousands of fans have logged on to teambuilder.easports.com to create custom teams that can be shared and used in-game when the full product launches on July 14th. Following the announcement at E3 that TeamBuilder was live, fans created teams at an astonishing rate, averaging seven per minute during the first two days. TeamBuilder has continued to be a huge hit ever since, generating more than 100,000 teams and ensuring that there will be an unprecedented amount of content for fans to choose from when the game hits shelves July 14th.

TeamBuilder is an all-new, online create-a-school feature that revolutionizes the user’s ability to produce personalized content for NCAA Football 10. With the capability to upload logos and numerous customization options for uniforms, fields, rosters, and much more, TeamBuilder gives users the opportunity to design completely original teams with infinite possibilities. Plus, preloaded logos for several Football Championship Subdivision schools will allow users to add more teams to NCAA Football 10. With its intuitively designed online database that is searchable across several fields, TeamBuilder allows users to share their unique, customized content with ease. A football fan’s dream, TeamBuilder will enable users to experience the excitement and pageantry of college football, defined by their own personalized creations.

The original packaging of NCAA Football 10 will contain a code that unlocks 12 TeamBuilder slots, allowing users to save up to 12 created teams to the console hard drive. Those who pre-order NCAA Football 10 prior to the July 14th in store date will receive a code for an additional 13 slots, allowing them to save 25 created teams directly to the console hard drive.

First introduced in NCAA Football 2000 on the PlayStation, create-a-school has been a favorite feature of sports gamers for years. The PS2 version made its debut in NCAA Football 2003 and for the past three years, fans have anxiously awaited the next generation of create-a-school. The wait is now over, as EA SPORTS proudly presents the arrival of TeamBuilder, a revolution in create-a-school history.

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 moylan1234 @ 07/01/09 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
LOL... Why? This poll is skewed.

Adaptive AI --- It is horrible in the demo so why would anyone look forward to it.

Art, Wind Socks, etc. Who cares about this stuff anyway?

Custom Conferences---- Again who really cares?

Defensive Keys--- I don't even understand this option.

Game Planning--- One of the dumbest features EA ever put into a game.

Improve Pursuit Angle--- Small item that should have been in the game in 2008

Improved OL/DL--- The demo shows it is still broken

Improved WR/DB Interaction--- It is still broken

Layered Blending--- This is really an option?

Player Lock--- Another wasted option.

Road to Glory--- Another dumb addition to this game even from the Race to the Heisman days. Also a feature that has been in the game for several years.

Season Showdown--- Yeah... another great feature.

Just a skewed poll. Heck I wouldn't even vote because nothing there interests me at all.

To let you know... I am glad you have this feature. But, there are a bunch of things that needed to be fixed before this feature was introduced. Same thing goes with OD from last year. This is the entire point I am trying to make. NCAA doesn't play like a football game. OL/DL blocking and interaction is horrendous. These things are huge because college football is built on schemes and there is no scheme in NCAA. It is just straight head on blocking. The entire engine needs to be rebuilt for this series. There are just a bunch of other things needed for this game to play and replicate football that it doesn't have now. All I am saying is fix features that effect close to 100% of the people. EA as it is now has turned a bunch of people off. I am predicting a decline in sales this year and EA will rub them off as a bad economy. I will attribute it to a bad game.
And we're done talking. Wow i'm really not trying to insult you, but i don't even know why you're here. It's kind of beyond my comprehension how you can not understand some of these features. Also how on earth can the poll be skewed? that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard they laid out every new addition to this year's game and said which one are you the most excited for. I'm dumbfounded right now, nice talking to you take care.

# 22 moylan1234 @ 07/01/09 05:07 PM
Quote:
No offense, but you just don't get it.

And why would anyone else use another persons created team? That seems stupid to me.
many people are making FCS teams, you don't understand why someone who is a FCS fan and doesn't want to go through the process of making the team themselves would simply download someone else's work? you are the clearly the one not getting it.

# 23 moylan1234 @ 07/01/09 05:09 PM
Quote:
Team Builder is not a new feature. OL/DL interaction is not a feature. DB/WR interaction is not a new feature. Art is not a feature. Road to Glory isn't a new feature only a new name. Improved pursuit angles is not a feature. Defensive keys is not a new feature.

There needed to be a feature up there that stated "None of the above."

This poll only represents option for people that will be purchasing this game. If people aren't purchasing this game they aren't going to vote. There are a lot of people at NCAA Strategies that aren't purchasing this game. There fore this poll is skewed.
WOW you don't need that option. If you're not buying or not looking forward to any of these than you don't vote. it doesn't make it a skewed poll at all. and whoever said those things were new? they're simply asking which things people are looking forward playing with the most.

# 24 Ziza9Noles94 @ 07/01/09 05:16 PM
There are also being created D-II teams and D-III teams like Mount Union, and even (gasp) NAIA teams that someone who loves College Football might have attended. All of those + 1-A and 1-AA just would not fit in the game. Want Furman, download Billytwoshakes000's version. But, whatever. Haters will hate. That's what they do. To each his own.

# 25 Ziza9Noles94 @ 07/01/09 05:18 PM
If people aren't planning to purchase a game, why are they wasting there time voting in a poll asking what features they are most looking for. Instead of looking to click on the "none of the above" option, why wouldn't they, I don't know, look for a forum where they can talk about something they are actually interested in?

# 26 jfsolo @ 07/01/09 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
If people aren't planning to purchase a game, why are they wasting there time voting in a poll asking what features they are most looking for. Instead of looking to click on the "none of the above" option, why wouldn't they, I don't know, look for a forum where they can talk about something they are actually interested in?
That makes too much sense, it'll never go over. Why do that when you can post in every other thread, complaining about how much the game you aren't going buy, sucks.

# 27 moylan1234 @ 07/01/09 08:04 PM
Quote:
You said that they were NEW. Go read your posts.

People not purchasing this game need to be included. Otherwise, according to the stats classes I have taken, will skew the polls. The target audience of that poll is only a minor sample and a skewed sample at that. If you don't understand that, you need to take a college stats course.
I said new additions and what that means is anything that's either a new feature or something that was updated in some way. and the fact that you don't even understand what some of the options are really says alot about where your knowledge is. Also you still just don't understand the point of the poll. I only posted it to show you that a good chunk of hardcore fans are looking forward to Teambuilder above anything else right now. The intention is to be a minor sample it's not a presidential poll and Ziza says it best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94

# 28 MrArlingtonBeach @ 07/01/09 08:29 PM
Quote:
Team Builder is not a new feature.
Hmmm...I can't remember ever playing an NCAA game in which I could create teams on the Web using logo images to create accurate representations of their uniforms...must have missed that year - even though I have owned every NCAA game since 99 on PSOne and a few other EA college football games dating back to Bill Walsh on Sega Genesis.

# 29 BoomerSooner11 @ 07/01/09 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Pretty sure TB is a new feature and I love it. It's not perfect but to be able to customize so many things is incredible. The website is very user friendly and let's you do so much.

Yes I want more things but I'm not the type of person to demand 100% satisfaction from a video game.

I'll get my $64 worth, just pre-ordered at gamestop today.
I agree, TB is what's making me really excited for this game. I pre-ordered mine last Saturday.

# 30 NFLHITMAN @ 07/01/09 09:56 PM
I really like the TB application but if they plan on it being a success than the save option MUST work or users will get turn ed off by it and quit using it. I know when it first came out I created the Seahawks down to every single detail including every player and when I went to save it, it was gone LOL. Spent over 2 hours doing that and since that day I have not even tried making a new team since. I really hope the final version is A LOT better.

# 31 TrapStar215 @ 07/01/09 10:09 PM
That's why after I complete each step, I save it.

# 32 moylan1234 @ 07/01/09 11:11 PM
yah i'm confused by that because i've made about 40 teams and i've only had issues saving a couple of times, but whenever I run into trouble i just open a new tab in my browser sign into the teambuilder site there and then go back to my original tab to save and everything is perfect. I should also point out that not only have I created about 40 teams, but i've gone back in and edited just about all those teams at least once after making them originally.

# 33 MrArlingtonBeach @ 07/02/09 12:08 AM
I too have experienced issues with saving...I have also noticed that changes I make somehow fail to show up even when saving appears to work. I know it's still in beta phase, but this should be fixed ASAP.

# 34 Deegeezy @ 07/02/09 08:13 AM
Maybe it's the old-school gamer in me but is anyone else completely shocked by how popular this feature is?

I never realized so many people used create-a-school. I'm big on realism so I never really got into create-a-school.

# 35 TrapStar215 @ 07/02/09 12:40 PM
12, 25 if you pre-ordered.

# 36 moylan1234 @ 07/02/09 12:42 PM
you can also get more slots through DLC

# 37 Philthephlame @ 07/02/09 12:47 PM
If you create a team using your EA ID, as your persona, will your logos show up on xbox 360. Not sure if this has been asked just need some clarifacation.

# 38 moylan1234 @ 07/02/09 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
If you create a team using your EA ID, as your persona, will your logos show up on xbox 360. Not sure if this has been asked just need some clarifacation.
as long after you create your team on the site it says Xbox 360 as opposed to Web or PS3 under your team than you are good to go.

# 39 OMT @ 07/02/09 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
yah i'm confused by that because i've made about 40 teams and i've only had issues saving a couple of times, but whenever I run into trouble i just open a new tab in my browser sign into the teambuilder site there and then go back to my original tab to save and everything is perfect. I should also point out that not only have I created about 40 teams, but i've gone back in and edited just about all those teams at least once after making them originally.
Stop lying. You're the only person who likes TeamBuilder and have created 100,000 schools yourself.

# 40 OMT @ 07/02/09 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
If you upload your own logos. If you use a logo that is included on the site, there are no restrictions.

We are working on a way move a team between Personas.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.