Home
The bigs 2 News Post

While most people have never heard of it, there is an actual sport called chess boxing. In it, athletes alternate between pummeling their opponent in the ring and outwitting them on the chess board. To win, one must possess both quick reflexes and a strong strategic mind.

While having nothing to do with chess boxing, The Bigs 2 requires the same skills. It demands continuous thought and lightening-quick reflexes, the first a rarity among arcade sports games.

And from first pitch to last out, this game is one of the most fun baseball games I’ve played in a long while. Unfortunately, some aspects are a bit flawed, which detracts from an otherwise stellar title.

Read More - The BIGS 2 Review

The BIGS 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view The BIGS 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: The BIGS 2Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 11 - View All
The BIGS 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SwinginAs12 @ 07/09/09 10:49 PM
yeah seriously. they have a game that theve been making for 5 or so years and then their experimental or even a secondary 2k title turns out to be that much better than 2k9, its almost like two different 2k's. I just dont understand how 2k9 is so bad when they can do things like the bigs 2.

# 2 funky_chicken @ 07/10/09 01:46 AM
Very good review. Reading this and the impressions thread has me strongly considering pickin this title up. I am not even a big fan or arcade sports games but this one does have me intrigued.

# 3 CPRoark @ 07/10/09 02:44 AM
Dave, I've had this game since last Thursday, if that makes any difference to you.

# 4 babythug23 @ 07/10/09 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
If I were into arcade like video games I would probably still be touting NBA Live but I'm not. It really doesn't make sense to me how the graphics are so much better on this than MLB 2K9, I think it would be a good start to steal some things from The Bigs for MLB 2K10. Like the graphics, maybe even the actual size of the guys.
Nba live 09 plays more sim than people think. Prolly more sim than 2k9 this year. Ok back to the review. I don't think i would play this game if i bought it alot but the Demo is really fun

# 5 buzzguy @ 07/10/09 11:57 AM
Man, if I wasn't so into The Show on PSP right now, I'd probably get this one ASAP.
Oh hell, I may have to get this one anyways. This seems like a killer title for play on Live.

# 6 WatchdogXC @ 07/10/09 04:16 PM
I played the original a few games on Wii and tried the PS3 demo out. I'm sure it is a fun game for those who are into arcade style games, but it just wasn't for me. I'm more of a sim gamer and like the Show a lot better for my baseball gaming needs.

# 7 texasgmr @ 07/10/09 06:21 PM
I haven't went out and bought this title but am in love playing the demo of it. For three innings only I still get into the game and see myself playing in over and over again.

I will though have to pick it up and run a season on it. Great write-up!

# 8 texbuk84 @ 07/11/09 06:39 AM
i heard the bigs was good and baseball pinball is absolutely awesome!!!

# 9 jeffy777 @ 07/11/09 07:04 PM
It's a sweet game.

# 10 funky_chicken @ 07/12/09 03:29 AM
I ended up caving in and buying the game. I have enjoyed thus far even though I am not very good. I am still getting used to the controls and nuances of the game.

# 11 HiTEqMETHOD @ 07/13/09 01:45 AM
NBA players know which one they are choosing (2K)

As for the review, I've been getting more and more interested in at least renting this game over the past week. It seems I've underestimated it. Oh and thanks for opening my eyes up to the world of chess boxing,you learn something new every day.

# 12 buzzguy @ 07/13/09 12:22 PM
Who else thinks The Bigs needs it's own thread / board?

# 13 Hells6Angel66 @ 07/22/09 06:22 AM
although im terrible at it the game itself is sweet... its a great arcade game id say buy it

# 14 wolverine2481 @ 08/16/09 12:23 AM
never really got into this or any of the bigs games. just way to much of an arcade game to me. i like realistic baseball. I would rent it tho just to play a little of it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.