Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Check out the video interview with Ryan Santos, Game Designer of NBA Live 10.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 rockchisler @ 07/30/09 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
likely has something to do with your computer settings man... check them out or use another browser like FF or opera
Cant see it, dang.

# 22 marcoyk @ 07/30/09 09:50 PM
Nice video. What language was that guy speaking? Norwegian? Dutch? My friend speaks Dutch but I don't think it really sounds like that. It even sounds kind of French. Ha, I donno. Those were some fresh kicks by the way.

# 23 JulesMendoza @ 07/30/09 10:15 PM
ryan santos remembers me of tiger woods

# 24 2k8capRookieguy13 @ 07/30/09 10:20 PM
Nice kicks Ryan, You look stylin

Good interview

# 25 krazyboy225 @ 07/30/09 10:44 PM
Nice video

# 26 TreyIM2 @ 07/30/09 10:46 PM
Although I could almost care less about sneaker styling, to such an extreme degree, I do care about and like the authenticity of having 'real' sneakers in the game...although I could deal with EA just rotating about 10 pair for all the players or suttin'. I did enjoy seeing real sneakers on the players feet in the Live 09 demo as opposed to the horrible textured and looking generic kicks in 2K9. It was kinda a pet peeve but whatever...

# 27 elev8rmuzik @ 07/30/09 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
it seems like all this guy cares about is shoes. Give me realistic gameplay before shoes.
They don't make the games only for you man. I'm sure there are a ton of sneaker heads out there that appreciate the video.

It's like feeding pigeons ... ingrate pigeons at that

# 28 jewelz1132 @ 07/30/09 11:50 PM
i remember when they debuted those jordans...they've been doing that a lot..changing them to nylon material at the last min lol

# 29 Air_Yeezy @ 07/31/09 12:47 AM
2k's team has no sneakerheads....and it shows!!! Im a sneakerhead too/jordan collector so kicks do matter regardless of what anyone says. Otherwise everyone in the league would still be wearing converse all stars. santos ur my hero.

# 30 ai2k2 @ 07/31/09 12:56 AM
People who are passionate about their work do better jobs, then the unpassionate... watch that statement prove true come Oct. 6th. I believe. Does it show??? lol

# 31 RayDog253 @ 07/31/09 03:30 AM
A lil.

# 32 Muzyk23 @ 07/31/09 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elev8rmuzik
They don't make the games only for you man. I'm sure there are a ton of sneaker heads out there that appreciate the video.

It's like feeding pigeons ... ingrate pigeons at that
I think that's their gameplan....first shoes and other stuff..later on-gameplay...so far so good

# 33 Pared @ 07/31/09 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Yeezy
2k's team has no sneakerheads....and it shows!!! Im a sneakerhead too/jordan collector so kicks do matter regardless of what anyone says. Otherwise everyone in the league would still be wearing converse all stars. santos ur my hero.
lol What do you know about anyone on either team aside from what has been marketed?

You guys are a trip. Can always count on you to start my day off right.

# 34 ai2k2 @ 07/31/09 10:33 AM
Pared, Santos was "marketed" as a sneaker buff if you didn't know. Check out an early Live blog where that was said. He recieves sneakers from Nike, etc thnks to working at EA... Guess its a perk. Hense over 500 sneaker variations in the game. Though he's the artrist, not any artist would just sit and create these sneakers just cause... he has a passion for it. It actually shows in the vid too.

# 35 Pared @ 07/31/09 10:42 AM
That's the point.

If a car is marketed as being developed by a "car head," does that mean all other car designers don't have "car heads" on their team?

It's a ridiculous point. Just one of those comments that you scoff at and move on.

These games have become more about key phrases and marketing as much as the product themselves. It's getting old. Maybe it's just me not buying into it.

# 36 ai2k2 @ 07/31/09 11:02 AM
I guess I hear what your saying. Nah its not you. That's human nature. Like girls, when they get played a lot by guys they get tenative, some even go into liking and dating girls, they get so digusted lol (just a metaphor to show I understand)... but I hear you bro. Keen eye, no problem with that. Your contious. I'm personally looking at the individual track record more so then Live and EA marketing history and failures. But your 100% right bro... he can't say 2k has no sneaker buff's cause we don't know. They haven't put their info out there. I hear ya.

# 37 Pared @ 07/31/09 11:06 AM
That's quite the comparison...

# 38 ai2k2 @ 07/31/09 11:14 AM
Lol... ;-)

# 39 elev8rmuzik @ 07/31/09 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
...he can't say 2k has no sneaker buff's cause we don't know. They haven't put their info out there. I hear ya.
And if it turns out that they do or don't, the point ends up being lost once the game comes out anyway.

You're not going to say, the game is great or it sucks because it was or wasn't developed by sneaker heads.

Some of you guys get hung up on the wrong stuff

# 40 Pared @ 07/31/09 03:11 PM
Right. I expect dudes on IGN to bite. Not here on OS.

Yet, every year, I'm wrong... oh well.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.