Member Comments
# 141 Manbearpig @ 08/07/09 11:59 PM
this game looks incredible

/end thread

# 142 lindo9595 @ 08/08/09 12:01 AM
That vid was sick.

# 143 Shakedowncapo @ 08/08/09 12:03 AM
Who said anything about 2k, syntax..

It was very well put together..showed a lot of good things, a lot. But like I was telling some kobe lover earlier.. Al Horford's size up is hilariously bad. Please take it out and give him something like Gasol had.

# 144 Hassan Darkside @ 08/08/09 12:30 AM
I don't have a problem with it either. If you think about it, anybody that has played basketball seriously can do dribble moves. I don't care how big or small. And if you play professionally, I'm sure you can dribble the ball a few times between your legs or behind your back. Now the coach sure as heck wouldn't want you doing that.

I've always hated how games have completely ignored the fact trying to, I guess, eliminate abuse. Like in 2k9 if you try to size up with a big man, he does a hesitation and loses the ball. That just doesn't happen in real life. Anybody can dribble between the legs or behind the back. Now they certainly shouldn't beat the defender off the dribble and should be more likely to be stripped.

# 145 SageInfinite @ 08/08/09 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I don't have a problem with it either. If you think about it, anybody that has played basketball seriously can do dribble moves. I don't care how big or small. And if you play professionally, I'm sure you can dribble the ball a few times between your legs or behind your back. Now the coach sure as heck wouldn't want you doing that.

I've always hated how games have completely ignored the fact trying to, I guess, eliminate abuse. Like in 2k9 if you try to size up with a big man, he does a hesitation and loses the ball. That just doesn't happen in real life. Anybody can dribble between the legs or behind the back. Now they certainly shouldn't beat the defender off the dribble and should be more likely to be stripped.
Totally agree.

# 146 XxX syntax XxX @ 08/08/09 12:33 AM
I cant wait for the demo..thats all that needs to be said..Im hyped for the game.

# 147 Jamin23 @ 08/08/09 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxX syntax XxX
I cant wait for the demo..thats all that needs to be said..Im hyped for the game.
We're almost there.

# 148 marcoyk @ 08/08/09 12:43 AM
Say it ain't so! In the video Rodney Stuckey had a red wristband on. Does that mean we still can't change the wristband color to white?! Last year it froze the console every time I tried to change it.
Also when D-Wade was driving to the hole at 1:20, Charlie Villanueva seemed to glide backwards through the air away from Dwyane instead of making contact with Wade. It was like D-Wade's body forced Villanueva's to not occupy the same space as him instead of making them make contact in the same space. And why does Ray Allen have on two black sleeves? And why does Rasheed Wallace have a buzz instead of corn rows?
On a positive note, I like the bench at 0:33. Looks pretty sweet. And also Shawn Marion did a nasty move at the end. Despite all of my complaints, I'm really looking forward to this game.

# 149 mercymerc23 @ 08/08/09 12:45 AM
So do you have to let go of the trigger to then be able to move or can you still hold the trigger while you try to "explode" to the rim? While sizing up.

# 150 stephensonmc @ 08/08/09 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
Say it ain't so! In the video Rodney Stuckey had a red wristband on. Does that mean we still can't change the wristband color to white?! Last year it froze the console every time I tried to change it.
Also when D-Wade was driving to the hole at 1:20, Charlie Villanueva seemed to glide backwards through the air away from Dwyane instead of making contact with Wade. It was like D-Wade's body forced Villanueva's to not occupy the same space as him instead of making them make contact in the same space. And why does Ray Allen have on two black sleeves? And why does Rasheed Wallace have a buzz instead of corn rows?
On a positive note, I like the bench at 0:33. Looks pretty sweet. And also Shawn Marion did a nasty move at the end. Despite all of my complaints, I'm really looking forward to this game.
we should be able to update Sheed's head at some point my man!

You can still hold the trigger mercymerc

# 151 VilleCity101 @ 08/08/09 12:51 AM
ray allen wears TWO black sleeves and sheed DOESN'T have braids

# 152 mercymerc23 @ 08/08/09 12:55 AM
Thanks steph Game looks great

# 153 mercymerc23 @ 08/08/09 12:58 AM
u guys had my money when lebron dunked over rashard lol

# 154 KChow21 @ 08/08/09 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleCity101
ray allen wears TWO black sleeves and sheed DOESN'T have braids
At the press conference for Boston he did have braids... could change tho

# 155 MarvellousOne @ 08/08/09 01:41 AM
Ok Ok i'm loving it, boy this year might be a dream come true, I might have to actually sit in gamestop for a good 30 to 40 minutes trying to decide which game I want to get this year...it's a feeling I have been waiting for since Madden 05 and NFL 2K5 days. That Josh Smith dunk at the end of the video just put a smile on my face after seeing it. Can't wait for the demo to drop.

# 156 Shakedowncapo @ 08/08/09 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder

Still don't like it.. I don't need a lecture on what these guys can do in practice or on the court if they feel like it. The point is, that's not his game and shouldn't be shown as so in the footage. If you show me one time my man Al Horford went behind his back 4x in a row I'll give up the conversation. Until then..

# 157 greekmen @ 08/08/09 01:53 AM
some things i noticed:

the diving players never touch the ball, but the ball bounces off some invisible wall.

in the wilcox dive: the off-ball players don't interact with the hustle play. they are just standing around and don't even watch what is happening with the ball. so do the bench players and coaches.

must all been playoff-games. so many fans are standing and cheering.

that is derrick rose?!

the devin harris shot looks fluid.

foot-plant on dwades dunk isn't right. the left foot is planted at 3 several positions in the paint! looks like sliding.

manu with the isolation and the red rocket cutting in the paint?! he should be at the arc waiting for the dish.

lebron dunks the ball with great force, but when the ball is over the rim it just falls straight down.

david lees hair needs to be fixed.

rudy gay passes the ball to conley who could have never seen the ball coming.

i like the boxout animation.

marions expression after the made basket is good.

# 158 Shakedowncapo @ 08/08/09 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekmen
some things i noticed:
lebron dunks the ball with great force, but when the ball is over the rim it just falls straight down.
I don't think there's a problem there.. Lebron is more than likely above the rim, so the ball going straight through is possible in real life.

# 159 navyboy09 @ 08/08/09 02:17 AM
you know what bothers me the most...even though the video was nice as hell people are still saying look at :30 sec and see how his arm is turned the wrong way...look at 1:22 and see how his eye don't move. Please just shut the F**k up downing the game all the time. Everybody knows that this is gonna be the best live that they have made so far and you know the video was nice, but some people just won't be satisfied even when something epic is right under their nose. That's a shame. IMO the video was toooo niiccceee. loved everything that i saw. EA keep doing ya thang.

# 160 Jano @ 08/08/09 02:21 AM
The fancy dribbling doesn't concern me because even though it does look funky I know I won't see things like that all the time.

In live 09 you would hardly see big men like Horford come too far out of the paint so they wouldn't use those moves anyway.

I think if you look at the context of why they showed him dribbling like that it makes it okay to me. Which was to show how big men size up dribbles differ from guards and forwards. I do feel they could have chosen another player for that clip though.

Anyways I will only have a problem with it if every big man is trying break me off the dribble like that every game which I don't think will be the case.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.