Home
News Post

Czar checks in with Platinum Czar Battleground: NBA Live 09 vs. NBA 2K9 - Round 5.

Quote:
"Battleground round 5 rages on as Czar brings you more on gameplay. Can live build on the momentum of round 4 or was that just a flash in the pan? Find out here in Battleground round 5!"

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ZoneBlitz @ 08/10/09 06:24 AM
So, isn't this a little late now since the new games are about to come out?

Nevertheless, they're still insightful. I really hope both games perform up to par this year.

# 2 taqiyya @ 08/10/09 07:14 AM
Great cut as usual man. I love the way you break it down and use the microscopes. Ya zone the purpose of his late season presentation is to allow the omg ohh ahh to die down and you

# 3 taqiyya @ 08/10/09 07:15 AM
Great cut as usual man. I love the way you break it down and use the microscopes. Ya zone the purpose of his late season presentation is to allow the omg ohh ahh to die down and you can see it all with open and clear eyes. And dang I hate typing on this lap top because now I doubled up lol

# 4 TheFiasco87 @ 08/10/09 08:58 AM
love the videos man

# 5 Gmoney2002 @ 08/10/09 09:07 AM
Great vids CZAR. If you do this again this year. I'm anticipating a very interesting matchup.

# 6 Da_Czar @ 08/10/09 10:10 AM
Gmoney I am definitely doing this for the 2010 games and since I know that at the beginning I expect them cover much more than I get to this year.

It should be a rumble in 2010. I am going to change the scoring to a 10 point max score instead of a 4 to allow for separation without just giving someone the highest score.

In fact when I am done I will "convert" these scores to the new system before next years shows so that they are all on the same scale.

# 7 jaosming @ 08/10/09 10:52 AM
nice one czar, you should try and do this year round somehow

# 8 DubTrey1 @ 08/10/09 11:10 AM
Once again... nice job Czar. As always.

And I'm out like T-Mac.... in a suit and always watchin' from the sidelines. LOL!

# 9 Pared @ 08/10/09 01:38 PM
With all the media surrounding the multitude of improvements this year, it almost makes these videos seem moot.

Nice job on it Czar, but I have a feeling none of this will really matter in a few months if these guys have put in the work they have. I have this odd feeling both teams know much of this stuff already...

# 10 Da_Czar @ 08/10/09 01:57 PM
@pared true at this point it was just about finishing for comparisons next year but yeah it really needs to be complete before the new information comes out.

I will finish the offense of gameplay and call it a wrap. I was thinking about that and the tone of posts so far seem to agree.

# 11 Da_Czar @ 08/10/09 01:58 PM
I'm sick of playing the old games now anyway especially after looking at the live screens : )

# 12 luv_mist @ 08/10/09 03:28 PM
I appreciate it bro. Keep up the good work. Regardless of whether the next installments are coming out, this media is very important in the fact that it challenges the user to be observant and analytical in their assessment of the games in an unbias form. Keep up the good work. Hey, if you toss them, I'll watch them.......

# 13 Pared @ 08/10/09 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
@pared true at this point it was just about finishing for comparisons next year but yeah it really needs to be complete before the new information comes out.

I will finish the offense of gameplay and call it a wrap. I was thinking about that and the tone of posts so far seem to agree.
Glad you didn't take it the wrong way. They are very in-depth... I figured by the time you get to the next section, I'll be playing this year's games already.

# 14 rockchisler @ 08/10/09 03:36 PM
I still like them.

# 15 luv_mist @ 08/10/09 03:36 PM
Hey Czar, are you going to have the exact same amount of comparisons on each of the different categories for the next batch of titles or will you add/modify the list?

# 16 Da_Czar @ 08/10/09 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Hey Czar, are you going to have the exact same amount of comparisons on each of the different categories for the next batch of titles or will you add/modify the list?
Mist I am open on that man if you have some suggestions fire away. I think there will be things i don't cover this year since I started so late that I may want to add like online etc etc.

But other than that I don't have everything written in stone.

I appreciate everyone who watches and enjoys them. I can certainly find something else to do with my time Its tuff to compete with all the new information.

I thought it was important for the sake of removing as much bias as possible and seeing who really put forth the best effort in making a realistic nba basketball game.

Plus when I started there was no real information and i know we have some year around hoop heads in here.

It took a bit longer than expected but I'm proud of the work. If you take them all together as a package I believe they might be the most in depth and unbiased review of the nba games and their gameplay elements out there today. That was the goal anyway !

# 17 Rob. D @ 08/10/09 04:37 PM
nice vid man

# 18 Sherman91587 @ 08/10/09 05:04 PM
Yo man where is NBA 09: The Inside...... LOL just playin.

I do love the TNT presentation tho but that is all the demo does for me haha.

# 19 cam21224 @ 08/10/09 05:48 PM
In depth and good as always.

Nice Zar, both NBA games should be giving to you before they come out.

Your not biased and your work is great, I would trust your review more then alot of these gaming review sites 24/7.

I'm out like Greg Oden.........Often ha ha ha (that had me cracking up.)

# 20 HiTEqMETHOD @ 08/10/09 09:03 PM
Nice breakdown as usual. I'm interested to see how Live turns out this year. Alot of people are impressed based off the screens and how good it looks but I can't help but find that method of forming an opinion a little superficial. While I understand the screens show various improvements to the gameplay but seeing as Live's gameplay was not up to par with 2k's on next gen consoles I still am getting 2k over Live, but I will be renting Live to give it a fair go. Even if 2k had stick people and Live had real to life graphics but the same bummy gameplay I'd play 2k, or vice versa for that matter.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.