Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Madden NFL 10 is finally here. I have to admit that the juices started to flow as soon as I heard John Madden say for the first time, "The time to make history starts right now." The intro, which features the cover athletes Larry Fitzgerald and Troy Polamalu, might be one of the best Madden intros ever, and it doesn't stop there as Madden puts it, "I have a feeling, this one is going to be special." Could he be right? Read on to find out.

Read More - Madden NFL 10 Review

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jistic @ 08/12/09 07:58 PM
Very fair review. I do disagree with the score. I'm seeing madden as a mid 8 right now. But arguing scores is silly. Well done as always Steve.

# 2 roadman @ 08/12/09 08:00 PM
Good fair review Steve.

Thank you.

# 3 jb12780 @ 08/12/09 08:02 PM
Good stuff. Just waiting for the game to come out and my paycheck..........

# 4 Moegames @ 08/12/09 08:03 PM
Yup..it deserves this 9 score imho..simply for all of the improvements made in 1 years time. Good write up and im having a blast with the game. Some problems i noticed but its things i can deal with..things that sliders help,etc..im not gonna nitpick about it because i finally got a game that is worthy of my gaming time.

# 5 joec63 @ 08/12/09 08:07 PM
Fair review. If EA can keep the momentum moving forward from this very good effort then the future will be bright enough for me to wear shades

# 6 HokieB @ 08/12/09 08:11 PM
Great review. I'm interested to see what issues the patches will iron out.

Just 28 hours to go....

# 7 taqiyya @ 08/12/09 08:11 PM
Nice review. I can not wait until Friday comes.

# 8 Raven Nation42 @ 08/12/09 08:25 PM
Great article and a fair review. I agree this the first time in several years I can say that i'll play this game more than my other sport titles. Also great job pointing out the wr over the shoulder animation and the shoe string tackles hopefully this is addressed in future patch

# 9 porkys8077 @ 08/12/09 08:27 PM
Nice review.

# 10 da.kid.frank @ 08/12/09 08:33 PM
thanks for the review

# 11 Peninc @ 08/12/09 08:41 PM
Great review.....its been a while since I picked up a madden title but i think this year EA is going for raw quality. Thumbs up

# 12 bababooey76 @ 08/12/09 08:45 PM
Good review. Biggest thing I see is the sim stats for the sacks and rushing TD's. If a patch will fix that then I think the 9.0 could be legit.

# 13 TreyIM2 @ 08/12/09 08:47 PM
Steve - I concur. I have yet to start a franchise (been playing a lot at Gamestops til I get my copy, tomorrow, at a mom/pop spot) and I don't really care for the online stuff. I originally gave the game a B+ which is about an 8.8 or whatever and the issues u brought up about the gameplay, good and bad, are spot on but I will have to agree with backbreaker on the defensive covers knowing your route before u even run it by being a half step ahead of u on a break in your route. That's ridiculous but I can live with it because I have so much success on offense.
Like I have been saying, YES, the game is flawed AND NO GAME IS PERFECT but the overalls of positives far outway those "minor" flaws. If EA can find a way to "stretch" this engine or replace it, all together, fixing the blocking issues (can they pay attention to the punt return blocking, too???), overly repetitive animations (need more variety and randomness), more appropriate animations (those superhuman animated responses to offensive players by the defense, sometimes, are crazy, still) and cutscenes (cutscenes seem limited to me, still, especially for this gen, and some are out of place), EA can really have an A game, easily...or is it so easy to do?

Great job, otherwise. It's headed in the right direction. Just hope that next year they DON'T find some new feature non-sense, that's really not needed, to put in the game. Tired of that ish. They just need to work on what's there to perfect it. Peas...

# 14 KaptnKirk12 @ 08/12/09 08:47 PM
Good review. Seems like Madden is finally going in the right direction.

# 15 The Police @ 08/12/09 08:50 PM
I can't wait for the game to come out for PS3.

# 16 ASB37 @ 08/12/09 09:04 PM
I would say this is a pretty accurate review. There are definite areas of improvment (presentation). Madden has really come a long way in a year. In 09 I didn't even make it through one season of franchise, instead choosing to get my football fix through NFL head coach. However this year, after getting the game on friday and playing it for 3 days I am already done with one season and moving on to the next one.

# 17 Artman22 @ 08/12/09 09:28 PM
This game is good, but I would give it an 8.5. Some animations look good, but the running animations need a lot of improvement. Pro-tak is ok, but also needs some tweaking. Overall fun game.

# 18 Spanky @ 08/12/09 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Overall fun game.
That's what it's all about, son. You can analyze, break down and nit-pick the hell out of a game in minute detail, but it all comes down to this: Does it keep you coming back for more?

Madden 09? I felt like smashing the disc into a thousand pieces after just three or four games.

Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES, circa 1991-92, is primitive compared to today's sports games, but the fun factor was off the chart.

I'm hoping I'll find Madden 10 to have that same enjoyment level.

# 19 pepp32 @ 08/12/09 09:52 PM
Great review

# 20 swaldo @ 08/12/09 09:55 PM
It would be a 9 if gameplay were exceptional and the other areas such as franchise had the nagging issues. However, people will tire quick with the core gameplay bugs which is the meat & potatoes of any sports game. I think somewhere between 8.5 to 8.8 is more fair.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.