Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The title pretty much says it all, but this Friday OS will be going to see NBA 2K10. If you have questions, then by all means post them here, and we'll try to get some of them answered.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Tha_Kid @ 08/18/09 12:55 AM
Can PC gamers play in online leagues with 360 gamers? Cross Platform play is possible with Games For Windows Live.

# 82 annihilating247 @ 08/18/09 01:19 AM
Does Kobe have a new jumpshoty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 83 AI3 @ 08/18/09 01:47 AM
No questions, but im eexcited to see the answers of the ones you pick to ask

And to see a video or pictures maybe.

# 84 a walrus @ 08/18/09 03:47 AM
Hows the play in the paint.Can you lean or push to gain position.
Seeing Carmelo & Kobe go at it was a good display of what would be considerd good post defense/good post offense.How has this aspect of the game been improved.

What are some of the features that were not able to be included in 2k10.

Hows crowd reaction.I mean if your playing at home down by 30 with 24 turnovers will the guy still be waving the foam finger.

I would assume you study prior titles.Is the player development /scouting/practice/coach editing on par.......with say CH2K8.

Will defensive signature styles make it from the back of the box on to the finished product.

How do injuries play out.If Wade dislocates his shoulder will he get sent off in a wheel chair crying.

Can players become heated.Possibly get tangled up & seperated by the refs.What animations have been included to display this intensity.

# 85 Fabric @ 08/18/09 05:13 AM
Here are a couple of my random Q's:

1. How does the 'create-a-draft-class' work?

2. Do CAPs still have a gray sillhouette picture or has this been changed with the addition of the My Player career mode?

3a. From the screens we know that 'Off Hand Dribbling' and 'Ball Security' are some of the new attributes in 2k10. What other new attributes/tendencies have been added?
3b. Have the hidden attributes been made editable?

4. What is the complete list of signature styles? I don't mean the individual moves (like Bulldog and Rookie Guard 1 in this screenshot) but referring to the different categories (like Post Roll Right and Iso Stepback in the aforementioned screenshot)

5. Will NBA 2k10: Draft Combine be released in Europe, and if yes; when will it be released on the different platforms?

6. Have there been made any improvements to 'Create-A-Team'? And are we still limited to creating only 10?

7a. Has there been made changes/additions/improvements to Association mode?
7b. What's the level of D-League and Summer League integration in Association?
7c. Have 10-Day contracts been added?
7d. Have there been made any changes to the Draft?
7e. How will 'NBA Today'/dynamic commentary be handled in Association?

8. Will we have more control over the substitution pattern? Maybe the ability to control who starts and finishes each quarter?

9. Are we still limited to only three body types in 'Create-A-Player'?

10. Is 'Create Player' still at the bottom of the CAPs list? (this has really been annoying me...)

11. Will all players only have one position like we've seen in the Draft Combine screenies, or will the non-'Draft Combine' players still have a seconday position

12. Are we able to manage the individual team's draft picks outside of Association mode and can we trade more than 2 years into the future? I usually trade them around before I start Association mode, just to have it closer to reality and leveling the playing field between the teams

# 86 Goffs @ 08/18/09 05:32 AM
Will there be any changes to the shot stick this year?

# 87 wiseman125 @ 08/18/09 07:52 AM
Will players body parts go through eachother, or will game play come into effect and actually knock the player down or score and1?

# 88 highpressure @ 08/18/09 08:41 AM
Will practice finally be integrated with The Association?

Will Real Time practice as they call it, affect player performance for upcoming games? Will I be able to scrimmage 5 on 5 with my selected team in Practice?

Regarding plays: Will we be able to run (start) plays from either side of the court, and not limited to one side, or one spot on the floor. I want variations of a play as well, in case the defense reacts to my first option.

When plays are run, will the players react faster this year and not use the entire shot clock just to run a simple play. Last year they moved like they had molasses in their shorts.

# 89 jarrrrett @ 08/18/09 08:51 AM
Will the 2k Insider also update the head coaches throughout the season as they are hired/fired? NBA coaches get fired so often, and I hate how late in the season when you are playing Association mode, half the managers are no longer really on their teams.

Could we also have real Assistant coaches as well, so that we can promote them or hire good assistant coaches from other teams to be the head coach of your team?

# 90 urlacher51 @ 08/18/09 09:02 AM
I would like to know if they have improved the spacing of players on the court.

# 91 tabulaRasa @ 08/18/09 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Are there any specific animations for the fast break?

When Mike Wang left how many VC employees cried?
Anyone with insight in the game industry know that "KEY PEOPLE" usually only are ordinary people with a mandate and a fat paycheck. The teams build the game and are the real important factor. If enough of the TEAM leaves then itīs fkked up.
There are only a very little group of KEY PEOPLE that actually make or break a company.

EA just paid WAng to try to buy themselfs some "cred".

# 92 m-dogg @ 08/18/09 10:22 AM
* can you play co-op online with a buddy against the CPU (with player lock)? in 2k9, the only way to do this was with "team up"...which left out a lot of the customization and control you have in regular custom games.

* is passing redone? corrected, enhanced, more realistic?

* contact, collision detection. Is there more contact, is it harder to get around a defender or do some animations just put you right by them again?

* does the "lock-on" defensive trigger feel different, or work differently this year? that feature really needs some work..

thanks OS!

# 93 Goffs @ 08/18/09 10:40 AM
Will the arenas have the authentic feel to them? like the famous organ music that MSG plays...better yet did you guys get the MSG logo for the game?

# 94 ffaacc03 @ 08/18/09 10:43 AM
In order to make it more easy to OS, here is a summary of the frequent questions, organized by sections.

Feel free to add yours, within this order. You can put yours in another color.

I. 82games & Insider & Rosters sections.

1. Are the player ratings going to be attached to 82 data or are they going to be judge by the Insider criteria or both ? Please explain with details.

2. Are all the tendencies (players & coach/teams) going to be linked to the ones gathered by 82 data ?

3. Would the rosters updates reflect the real changes on the phisical aspect of the players ? (f.e. long hair instead of bald, beard instead of none)

4. Would the coaches roster (when signed of fired) be updated too ?

5. How often would the roster information be updated ?

6. Can we have another screen for Retired players, besides Free Agents ? (f.e. if a player retires he wont be able to sign with any team)

7. What would be the "expanded role" that the insider will have ? Please explain with details.

8. Would there be D-League real rosters ?

9. Are they going to be address too within the 82 data & rosters update ?

10. Is the CAP as expanded (if not more) as the Draft Combine ?

11. Do the CAP would have the digital faces pictures, the siluette or the option to download one instead ?

12. Can we fully edit all the variables involve in the creation of a player and on those already created ? (f.e.1 edit the hidden ratings - f.e.2 edit the appearance of original players - f.e.3 edit signature styles)

13. Can we create coachs or edit them ?

II. Association section.

1. How have the trading logic been addressed to reflect trade propposals in a more real way ? If done.

2. Are there 10 day contracts ?

3. Is it possible to make draft day transactions ?

4. Is it possible to buy draft picks ?

5. Are there more depth in terms of picks management ?

6. How does the new player progression works ? Please explain with details.

7. Are player emotions really take into account in terms of contract negotiations, trades and player performance ?

8. Does the owners/coaches/roster emotions/personality affect the direction of the team ? (f.e. contention mode, rebuilt mode, ...)

9. Have the simmed stats been tested to reflect the past season results, at least to a logical point ? (might have change, because of the current player movement)

10. Can we play a season of the D-League ?

11. Does the mode tracks your gainned goals, stats and achievements troughot years ? (f.e. how many team or how many allstars have you obtained or how many individual records have you brake and how many restricted FAs have you been able to take away from other teams)

III. Graphics, Presentation and Gameplay section.

1. Have the slidding issues being addressed ? Please explain how with details.

2. Have the canned animations that limit the user control being detected and addressed ?

3. Have the AI being addressed to reflect better decissions and organized plays instead of "superhuman abilities" when tunning difficulty up ?

4. Have the defensive AI being addressed to take into account the new spacing ? (f.e. the help D, D transitions and rotations).

5. Does the commentary reflects what is happening on Association, Playoffs, Season, in game action ?

IV. Online experience.

1. Have the servers being addressed to take into consideration, the possible (almost a certainty to me) increase of users over the amount that caused you troubles last time ? Please explain with details.

2. Are all the modes playable ? (includding situational, dunk, association)

V. Others.

1. Does the Wii version has indeed all the features/modes that the major tech consoles (360/ps3) have ?

2. Are there any differences (besides graphics) between the Wii version and the 360/ps3 versions ? Please explain with details.

3. Do the Wii version supports the various controls ? (f.e. motion, classic)

# 95 luda06 @ 08/18/09 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
That is one of the questions I really want answered.
Co-sign also.

My beef with 2k9 were some of the crossover animations. I've seen players as well as my self capable of blowing past a defender with a tap of the left trigger (L2) while running. This move could be achieved with anyone from the likes of LeBron James to Yao Ming. My question is, has this move been eliminated or more complicated to achieve?

Better yet, it wasn't more so of the offensive player beating his defender, but the defender being sucked into that animation allowing his man to blow by. So this co-relates with the question quoted. In general, can players actually be beaten legit by their own mistakes or are we force fed animations?

# 96 sithlord06 @ 08/18/09 01:19 PM
Online Franchise and Co Op Mode

Online Lobby improvements

More Dunk, rebounding and lay-up animations

Better Fan Interaction and Commentary (please get Mark Jackson or Kenny Smith)

# 97 navyboy09 @ 08/18/09 02:11 PM
Is there any defense this year cause 2k9 had none?

Will we be able to play online 5 on 5 team play cause 2k9 online sucked?

Is 2k going to implement foot planting like live have? cause there is too much sliding.

Will the 82games.com thing update everyday like live's syngery sports? cause from what i know almost all of the teams in real life use synergy sports for their teams.

one last question...is wade gonna have dwight shoulders in the game when it release like in the pic of shaq dunking...cause that is real ugly.

# 98 mars blackmon @ 08/18/09 02:52 PM
1. Has the auto-flip option returned for the "High" camera this year?

2. Is this the edition where we finally get the much needed manual camera a' la NFL 2K5?

3. Will we have the ability to turn off the "inside look" replays that become invasive and irritating after 2 weeks?

4. Any chance we get in game saves? Perhaps between quarters at least?

5. Can we bring back multiple players in what is now referred to as Tutorial Mode?

# 99 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/18/09 03:09 PM
how will rotations be handled? is there something like a depth chart that we can use?

# 100 sephjow @ 08/18/09 03:10 PM
is it going to be release in EU?

did Kobe mocapped his shooting signature or all his moves?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.