Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The title pretty much says it all, but this Friday OS will be going to see NBA 2K10. If you have questions, then by all means post them here, and we'll try to get some of them answered.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Goffs @ 08/17/09 12:49 PM
when calling a play will the players actually run to their setup or do they still trot/walk to their spots?

Will big blocks be in this years game?

# 2 bigballa21 @ 08/17/09 12:50 PM
well my question would be how much did they reduce the sliding and morphing issues?

Is the accessory customization options increased for 2k10?

# 3 Stumbleweed @ 08/17/09 12:51 PM
What has been done to address the online issues that plagued Team-Up in 2K9? Can you speak on any improvements to that mode?

What has been done to improve the defensive side of the ball, specifically contesting shots and stopping penetration?

Has player movement/isomotion been redone this year? 2K9 had a lot of locomotion issues due to animations triggering at the slightest movement of the LS and caused players to appear skittery and uncontrolled with the ball -- was the mechanic changed to allow for smoother movement with less "grabbing" animations? For example, 2K8 had contextual crossovers as you moved around with the LS that made movement appear much more natural and smooth -- will we see a return to that, or just an improvement on the current 2K9 system?

Will there be authentic play sets for teams? If I have to run "Motown Music" one more time, I'm gonna scream.

Will controllable backboard shots/layups return for 2K10? 2K9 seemed to work before the patch (off-the-glass jumpers) but that mechanic seems to have removed post-patch, as LT when shooting does nothing.

Were there any additional passing controls added to give more control over how passes get delivered (i.e. bounce passes, lobs, passing ahead of a man on the break)?

# 4 noshun @ 08/17/09 12:52 PM
Find out about playbooks for every team?

# 5 Jamin23 @ 08/17/09 12:53 PM
Will the sixers new jerseys and court be in the game?

# 6 jr2424 @ 08/17/09 12:54 PM
I noticed in the game features it says online can be used in any mode. Does that mean my friend and I can play a franchise in co-op online against the AI?

# 7 Vast @ 08/17/09 12:57 PM
How has interior defense and help defense improved??

# 8 Goffs @ 08/17/09 12:57 PM
Will the PC be online this year?!

# 9 jmood88 @ 08/17/09 01:01 PM
Are there any specific animations for the fast break?

When Mike Wang left how many VC employees cried?

# 10 SageInfinite @ 08/17/09 01:08 PM
Does the AI still use the flaws in the game to win(passes into the paint for automatic points)?

# 11 shindiana @ 08/17/09 01:14 PM
Did the cover boy make some mo-cap for them?

# 12 aholbert32 @ 08/17/09 01:19 PM
Have the playbooks been improved in any way?

Why are they even attempting to release a game without Mike Wang?

# 13 DaWolf @ 08/17/09 01:20 PM
1) Can you drive and kick the ball out with proper Help D?
2) Is player movement improved?
3) Does it still take forever to get a shot off (foot planting on shots was awful)

# 14 jaosming @ 08/17/09 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Will the sixers new jerseys and court be in the game?
They got the Thunder on disc, I would be very surprised if they didnt get the 76ers stuff in.

Quote:
Will the PC be online this year?!
I can't stress this question enough, that would be HUGE to confirm. Without Online we wouldn't get the new NBA Today screen and such either.

My questions:
Can we play exhibition games with the D-League?
Will the D-League roster be updated throughout the season?
Dunk Contest/3pt Contest being included in the Association mode?
Are there more off-court interactions with the players? (like running into the scorers table)
Is there still an invisible boundary for balls sailing out of bounds or will they go into the crowd?
Will there be dynamic crowd attendance since Live can do that this year?

# 15 Da_Czar @ 08/17/09 01:38 PM
How does the AI improve when you increase difficulty levels ? Does the cpu still cheat ?

What was done to improve on the player sliding ?

Do you have a new playcalling system ?

Are there authentic playsets or are they still generic.

Do you have a play editor.

# 16 RumbleCard @ 08/17/09 01:38 PM
We desperately need 100% confirmation on whether the D-League is in Association or just part of the "become a pro" mode. As of right now I have yet to see a developer quote or statement beyond that blurb on the overview page. Seems like a lot of us are just assuming that its in there based on one piece of text.

Like stated above. Is it playable.

Any changes to scouting?

Have they eliminated the annoying repetition of the faces in drafted players?

# 17 Hassan Darkside @ 08/17/09 01:39 PM
Can equipment be customized for specific teams?

Has Association been improved to cater to people who play more than 3 seasons? Are CPU management techniques still flawed 10 years down the line? And can we get any examples on player progression?

Can custom draft classes be used in the my player game mode?

Will there be unlockables in the game? (please no)

# 18 TheBadazz @ 08/17/09 01:40 PM
Will the D-League only be for My Player mode, or will it be in Associ. mode also.

# 19 ChaseB @ 08/17/09 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Can equipment be customized for specific teams?

Has Association been improved to cater to people who play more than 3 seasons? Are CPU management techniques still flawed 10 years down the line? And can we get any examples on player progression?

Can custom draft classes be used in the my player game mode?

Will there be unlockables in the game? (please no)

I think you need to elaborate on how the CPU management is flawed 10 years don the line. And in addition, explain what was wrong with player progression before, and why the Association mode didn't cater to people who played more than 3 seasons.

Otherwise, I don't really know what was wrong and what you want out of it.

# 20 jdl24 @ 08/17/09 01:49 PM
My questions would be;

Are there going to be more name brand shoes?
Is season mode going to be more interactive, ie. radio show, other game video hightlight, studio show,etc?
During season are we able to send propects down to D-League to develop their skills?

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.