Home
FIFA 10 News Post

Check out the new FIFA Soccer 10 video, showing off Virtual Pro Mode and key features.

Game: FIFA Soccer 10Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA Soccer 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 KG @ 08/18/09 08:55 AM
Hmm

Wonder what this new practice arena is?

Improved Defender, Keeper AI, and responses - NICE

I hope the keepers dont make ridiculous and unnecessary saves like on '08 & '09.

# 2 southernbelle @ 08/18/09 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Hmm

Wonder what this new practice arena is?

Improved Defender, Keeper AI, and responses - NICE

I hope the keepers dont make ridiculous and unnecessary saves like on '08 & '09.
i believe improved practice arean has been discussed a bit... its going to give us the opportunity to practice your free kicks and there will be a quick 5v5 mode...

# 3 ecantona99 @ 08/18/09 09:23 AM
Love the trailer, makes me want the game even more.

I haven't read anywhere about the over abundance of yellow calls and more fouls being called this year. Has anyone heard anything?

# 4 Qb @ 08/18/09 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecantona99
I haven't read anywhere about the over abundance of yellow calls and more fouls being called this year. Has anyone heard anything?
One set of impressions from a review site said the refs were "needlessly punitive" in that there were far too many stoppages in play for "questionable fouls". He meant it negatively, but I think a lot of us would be all for it. He then added that Rutter & Co told him the foul system was "essentially broken" in the build he was playing.

Glad I could clear that up for you...

# 5 ecantona99 @ 08/18/09 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
One set of impressions from a review site said the refs were "needlessly punitive" in that there were far too many stoppages in play for "questionable fouls". He meant it negatively, but I think a lot of us would be all for it. He then added that Rutter & Co told him the foul system was "essentially broken" in the build he was playing.

Thanks.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

# 6 KG @ 08/18/09 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb

Hmm...a foul slider sounds like an easy fix for this.

Perhaps too easy.

# 7 instantpop @ 08/18/09 11:03 AM
From what I have read the refs are a bit more aggressive with the fouls IF you play the way you played 09, which is holding down the "X" button until you finally tackled a guy. You have to time and work your tackles more realistically this year, which will be a welcome change.

# 8 BrianFifaFan @ 08/18/09 02:32 PM
Here's another vid from Gamescon.

# 9 Furq @ 08/18/09 04:39 PM
Nice video

Hoping it's easier and more frequent to execute trick moves. Not too extreme, but so far I feel as if the computer AI doesn't play with enough flair. The top players in real life don't do tricks just for the sake of doing them, but do fakes and jukes to help set up their next move or attack.

FIFA to this point seems to only be ball movement which is only part of the game (though a major part)

# 10 KG @ 08/18/09 10:25 PM
That last vid looked damn good. 11 on 11 practice better be in Manager Mode.

# 11 Qb @ 08/19/09 10:09 AM
Very nice. I should just quit the OS Madden Online Franchise now, because by the looks of it, NHL & FIFA10 will be occupying a lot of my time. Won't leave much time to improve my putrid Madden game...

# 12 marcoyk @ 08/19/09 10:33 AM
Nice to see that the goalie will actually attempt to stop secondary shots.

# 13 KG @ 08/19/09 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Very nice. I should just quit the OS Madden Online Franchise now, because by the looks of it, NHL & FIFA10 will be occupying a lot of my time. Won't leave much time to improve my putrid Madden game...
Madden & NCAA basically have a 2 month tryout because once FIFA comes around there won't be much time for 3 games.

# 14 Matt Diesel @ 08/19/09 12:49 PM
OK so we are setting up an OS squad for online play right? Since we can have actual teams this year. Brian??

# 15 Whitesox @ 08/19/09 12:51 PM
Someone needs to setup a ps3 squad.

# 16 Qb @ 08/19/09 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
OK so we are setting up an OS squad for online play right? Since we can have actual teams this year. Brian??
If you want my opinion/advice -- you may very well not care to hear it -- we probably shouldn't do anything this early and the discussion probably shouldn't even take place until after release.

For one, we have no concrete idea how things will work so all the talk in the world won't matter until we get do dig into the mode hands-on. Second, an OS team was started far too early last year and by the time the game was out, things were way out of hand. It resulted in a lot of confusion and some less than desirable outcomes...

But again, just my opinion and if someone wants to start team so it can get flooded with "I'm interested + GT" posts before we even know how it will work, you're free to do so.

# 17 BrianFifaFan @ 08/19/09 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
If you want my opinion/advice -- you may very well not care to hear it -- we probably shouldn't do anything this early and the discussion probably shouldn't even take place until after release.

For one, we have no concrete idea how things will work so all the talk in the world won't matter until we get do dig into the mode hands-on. Second, an OS team was started far too early last year and by the time the game was out, things were way out of hand. It resulted in a lot of confusion and some less than desirable outcomes...

But again, just my opinion and if someone wants to start team so it can get flooded with "I'm interested + GT" posts before we even know how it will work, you're free to do so.
I concur. It really is a bear to try things this early. I'd say at least a week or two after release to at least get a hold of the controls....

# 18 Pared @ 08/20/09 03:15 PM
OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!

# 19 Matt Diesel @ 08/21/09 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb

No, you're right. We need to wait and see. But, if it is decent, we should go with a squad.

# 20 Qb @ 08/21/09 03:55 PM
BTW, you know what is a heck of a lot more fun -- for me anyways -- than playing FIFA clubs? Just playing regular OTP where the ratings of the player you're controlling matter. A few of us played some games the other night, even a pretty darn well-played 10v10, and it brought back good memories of 08 OTP.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.