NBA 2K10 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K10 trailer.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 SageInfinite @ 09/08/09 04:55 PM
True but Live doesn't need to be discussed in this thread. I don't understand why the constant comparisons have to be made.

# 82 B-Wills @ 09/08/09 04:58 PM
Does anyone have a youtube link of this teaser? For some reason it's not letting me watch it on gamestop.

# 83 shindiana @ 09/08/09 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
...its that the suction crossover is back. I honestly think that was 2k9.
Me too.
Maybe it's the fact that the only times I played 2k9 I was controlling the Bulls in my association. But seriously I didn't see many differences with 2k9, Dirk for example looks exactly the same.. I'll wait for gameplay videos

# 84 Pared @ 09/08/09 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
That was very disappointing...not even gonna trip over the crazy dunks by an overated dunker(in traffic I may add)...its that the suction crossover is back. I honestly think that was 2k9.
In traffic? One guy constitutes traffic?

The rest were all layups and readjusted shots...

OH OS. You never disappoint me.

# 85 DC @ 09/08/09 05:01 PM
Looks like 2K8

# 86 Epiffani @ 09/08/09 05:01 PM

# 87 aholbert32 @ 09/08/09 05:05 PM
People just want something different. Thats why people are complaining. Thats why they say that they havent been excited about a 2k game since 2k7. Because 2k7 was a HUGE leap from 2k6. They want a huge leap for their 60 bucks. Live will give them that this year. It will be a huge leap from 2k9. But to some people they dont care if that huge leap doesnt equal Live becoming the best basketball game in the market...just that its significantly different from last years game.

Someone made a great point about why would 2k change much if what they have worked. As long as they continue to improve and add the features that I like....I will continue to buy. I just want a game thats improved and good. With that said, I'm buying both games.

There are certain people on this board that have clear agendas. What people have to learn to do is recognize who they are and just ignore them.

# 88 Behindshadows @ 09/08/09 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
True but Live doesn't need to be discussed in this thread. I don't understand why the constant comparisons have to be made.
Yeah that **** is getting old. Remember the last thread, where they kept baiting that crap. And I posted 3 times on how to focus on what 2ksports is doing and nothing more. Same thing here, why can't people focus on what 2ksports is doing without bringing up other things to justify why they are at the level they are.

Fact is this trailer or teaser or whatever is long over due and now it's not needed or wanted. What people want now are major gameplay previews, in game shots, real footage from a complete version, since it does go gold in 3 weeks. And we want to see what's new under the sun first hand, not in long *** blogs and previews! Previews should have been back in July. It's September 1 month from release and we get a teaser!

Let us see gameplay, presentation, etc. First hand, not by hype. People say 2k has done this crap for years, that's a lie. 2k began this strand after Sega signed them to Take Two! Take Two got lazy and markets everything Rockstar does 3 to 5 months in advance. 2ksports division on the other hand, gets a five day info release before it hit's shelves. Even the demo's have been coming out after the game hits stores. But no one mentioned that.

D. Rose looks exactly the same in 2k9, so that part isn't impressing me. Stadium detail was good in 2k9, so that's not impressing me. Some of those exact same animations were in 2k9 so that's not impressing me. 2k9's trailers and tease seem like deja vu.

That's why I say the teaser was wack, just because of that! Am I saying the game will suck, no I'm not! I'm saying that I don't like this teaser because it really shows nothing we can't already do in 2k9.

BTW!!!! More screens coming, now back to editing College Hoops! Peace!!!

# 89 SageInfinite @ 09/08/09 05:09 PM
Yea I didn't see any dunks in traffic.

# 90 Muzyk23 @ 09/08/09 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Some people gotta realize that 2K is going be what it is. Unlike Live they have been building on their foundation for years.

So if you didn't like it years ago that feeling is going to stay the same way no matter how many improvements they make.

This same type of thing happens in every game whether is Call of Duty or Madden.

They all have foundations and each year they build on it they aren't going to change that if a select few don't like it. The majority like it so why change it you know.
This is the reason I think why some people get turned off by 2k as it's seen that been there. They are not overhauling which for some the game may feel already stale.

Nice song.

# 91 Rocboyz101 @ 09/08/09 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
In traffic? One guy constitutes traffic?

The rest were all layups and readjusted shots...

OH OS. You never disappoint me.
Im sorry, but him dunking over perkins like that was just disgusting(sorry for the poor wording early saying it was in traffic). But thats not what I'm trippin about..its the suction crossover. Even you can admit to be disappointed about that..I don't get why they'd release this knowing it'd give people flashbacks of 2k9 online. Lets just hope they have since removed that animation.

# 92 SageInfinite @ 09/08/09 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Yeah that **** is getting old. Remember the last thread, where they kept baiting that crap. And I posted 3 times on how to focus on what 2ksports is doing and nothing more. Same thing here, why can't people focus on what 2ksports is doing without bringing up other things to justify why they are at the level they are.

Fact is this trailer or teaser or whatever is long over due and now it's not needed or wanted. What people want now are major gameplay previews, in game shots, real footage from a complete version, since it does go gold in 3 weeks. And we want to see what's new under the sun first hand, not in long *** blogs and previews! Previews should have been back in July. It's September 1 month from release and we get a teaser!

Let us see gameplay, presentation, etc. First hand, not by hype. People say 2k has done this crap for years, that's a lie. 2k began this strand after Sega signed them to Take Two! Take Two got lazy and markets everything Rockstar does 3 to 5 months in advance. 2ksports division on the other hand, gets a five day info release before it hit's shelves. Even the demo's have been coming out after the game hits stores. But no one mentioned that.

D. Rose looks exactly the same in 2k9, so that part isn't impressing me. Stadium detail was good in 2k9, so that's not impressing me. Some of those exact same animations were in 2k9 so that's not impressing me. 2k9's trailers and tease seem like deja vu.

That's why I say the teaser was wack, just because of that! Am I saying the game will suck, no I'm not! I'm saying that I don't like this teaser because it really shows nothing we can't already do in 2k9.

I feel you but it's the SAME thing EVERY year. 2k doesn't put out gameplay videos, the websites do. When the websites get builds of the game we'll see 5 on 5 gameplay. There's nothing we can do about it. Most of us are going to buy the game anyway, we know when it's coming out, so why complain, there is NOTHING we can do about it.

Also NBA 2k always puts its demo out before the game drops.

# 93 Jano @ 09/08/09 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
People just want something different. Thats why people are complaining. Thats why they say that they havent been excited about a 2k game since 2k7. Because 2k7 was a HUGE leap from 2k6. They want a huge leap for their 60 bucks. Live will give them that this year. It will be a huge leap from 2k9. But to some people they dont care if that huge leap doesnt equal Live becoming the best basketball game in the market...just that its significantly different from last years game.

Someone made a great point about why would 2k change much if what they have worked. As long as they continue to improve and add the features that I like....I will continue to buy. I just want a game thats improved and good. With that said, I'm buying both games.

There are certain people on this board that have clear agendas. What people have to learn to do is recognize who they are and just ignore them.
Great post ahol.

# 94 aholbert32 @ 09/08/09 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows

This is absolute BS. There has NEVER been a 5 day window to promote games by 2k sports. They are always in full promotion mode by mid September for NBA2k. The demo always comes out in mid/late September. Steve always gets a beta in mid/late Sept. If I had the energy, I would find you a number of posts from people here complaining that they were sick of videos and ready for the game in late September. 2k has never released a demo for an NBA game after the game was released. They have released 2 major gameplay previews (OS and ESPN) and many in game screenshots already.

Technically the fact that you post multiple times (your words) about how you hate 2k's marketing is borderline trolling. We get it...you hate how they market their games. What's sad is I actually agree with you but its ridiculous that you have to derail thread after thread with this crap. You made your point.....no need to type it over and over and over.

# 95 Rebel_INS @ 09/08/09 05:17 PM
Quote:
Same reason why people compare MJ & Kobe....same reason they compare Jay-Z & Nas, Pac & BIG, etc. It's just as much human nature as breathing. Wherever there's competition people will constantly throw comparisons. @ this point, it's just 2 be expected...

# 96 B-Wills @ 09/08/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
thanks

# 97 Rocboyz101 @ 09/08/09 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
Same reason why people compare MJ & Kobe....same reason they compare Jay-Z & Nas, Pac & BIG, etc. It's just as much human nature as breathing. Wherever there's competition people will constantly throw comparisons. @ this point, it's just 2 be expected...
Yeah, I'm so used to it, it no longer bothers me..

# 98 SageInfinite @ 09/08/09 05:26 PM
It bothers me because it derails threads and gets them locked. There are forums on the site where you can discuss either game or both.

# 99 Epiffani @ 09/08/09 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

The problem that I have with the "we want something different" crowd is, we don't know just yet how similar it will play to past iterations. In fact, I remember reading an article that said that this game could very well be a leap of improvement the likes that haven't been seen since NBA 2K6 to NBA 2K7 (and this was a hands-on preview), but of course some people are going to read and hear what they want to hear and interpreted the way that want to understand. In my opinion, NBA 2K9 did not feel like the same game as NBA 2K8, and that goes both for the better and the worse. I also think those who say they want something new, aren't looking at things logically. Honestly, why would NBA 2K change something drastically coming off such an impressive year both in regards to sales, and good reviews? That's the thing about basketball, you have options, and if anyone is growing tired of this series, I'd advise you to pick up the other game, don't buy this one, and save us all the trouble of having to skim through the same tired posts, to get to the actual good, and constructive stuff that we come to expect from this website.

You're right about the people with agendas being ever apparent right now. Most likely, they'll be the people that will buy this game not for their own enjoyment, but to put it under a microscope, and try to find things wrong with it. I know my expectations are pretty high for this game judging mainly by the previews, but I don't see how any one can look at this teaser and say "this will be the same game as NBA 2K9", despite having a few of the same animations. I just think that's a long reach at best to try and paint NBA 2K10 with the same brush as NBA 2K9. I like it better when people complain about 2K's marketing because at least then their point is somewhat valid instead of reaching for straws right now.

# 100 Rebel_INS @ 09/08/09 05:36 PM
Quote:
It bothers me because it derails threads and gets them locked. There are forums on the site where you can discuss either game or both.
Hey man...I agree wit ya...I'm just saying...that's why people do it. Sometimes that's how folks gauge greatness. I know nuff "Live fans" compare that game to 2K every year because they know that's the bar they have 2 get over. Mentioning 2K without Live somehow making its way into the convo would be like someone making a Family Guy thread and not having South Park or The Simpsons comparison brought up eventually....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.