Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has posted another NBA Developer Insight, this one featuring NBA 2K10 Offensive Gameplay - Part I.

Quote:
"This is Zach Timmerman and I’m here to talk about some the previously unmentioned overhauls and improvements we’ve made to the offensive side of the ball for NBA 2K10. Rob Jones already wrote about a few offensive additions in a previous Developer Insight, including the most significant offensive change, Player Tendencies , which have been vastly improved with help from www.82games.com. He also touched on the new versatile play-calling system, expanded attribute scales and new shooting attributes. This blog will detail some of the other significant changes we made, while also briefly touching on some more minor ones (yet major to some fans). Just know that the combination of my blog and his still does not cover everything on offense, just the additions/improvements we feel are the most noteworthy at this time.

We took a step back to take it all in after shipping 2K9, and after getting feedback from our fans, we went to work on the areas we felt needed the most improvement on offense. Along the way we improved or rewrote just about every aspect of offense. We’ll start with an area that frustrated me the most in 2K9…the inside game."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Pared @ 09/28/09 04:31 PM
Well good thing you can edit dunk packages this year, eh?

You can give everyone one handed dunks to your hearts content.

# 22 jeebs9 @ 09/28/09 04:34 PM
^^ That sounds good ^^

# 23 DC @ 09/28/09 04:58 PM
Yea but we can't play with custom rosters online so I would hate to see someone pull out a windmill with Granger.

# 24 DC @ 09/28/09 05:04 PM

# 25 JAEViBE @ 09/28/09 05:08 PM
I hope what they say is true and show time dunks and only for the open court. I doubt it but fingers crossed.

# 26 Vast @ 09/28/09 05:45 PM
Number 2 definitely no. Number 1, those layups in traffic in 2k10 will get stuffed most of the time. It looked like in those vids they should've been blocked but werent.

# 27 Pared @ 09/28/09 06:31 PM
Yes, 2 is a definite no. The crossovers are more an enabler and you have to use regular dribbling to beat your man, not an isomotion move.

Number 1 is in the game, rarely comes out and can get stuffed pretty easily. If you're behind the hoop like that, it's much harder to score.

# 28 Rocboyz101 @ 09/28/09 07:25 PM
I wonder if KG at PG is still a smart strategy..

# 29 J-H!zZl3 @ 09/28/09 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Yes, 2 is a definite no. The crossovers are more an enabler and you have to use regular dribbling to beat your man, not an isomotion move.

Number 1 is in the game, rarely comes out and can get stuffed pretty easily. If you're behind the hoop like that, it's much harder to score.
That's great to hear, b/c those videos that DC showed happened all the time in 2k9, and those shots under the basket went in 99.9% no matter what kind of defense you played.

# 30 VDusen04 @ 09/28/09 10:55 PM
This insight sounds prettyyyyy, prettyyyy, pretty good. I am a slam dunk enthusiast but I do not get bitter at the sight of a Danny Granger breakaway windmill. Like another poster said, it's likely he's capable of doing it, and I'm willing to stretch my imagination and presume he decided to bust it out on the breakaway on this particular occasion.

I love the direction they're headed in regards to the dunks. The hand-on-rim interaction looks more solid than at any other point in basketball video gaming history and it makes more of a difference than I ever thought it would. It makes everything look a whole lot crisper and realer and whatnot. Cheers.

# 31 DaChosenOne @ 09/28/09 11:41 PM
woot more info wow!

# 32 The 24th Letter @ 09/28/09 11:47 PM
Quote:

awesome.

# 33 str8artist @ 09/29/09 12:00 AM
Nice info and good read..

# 34 lv2bll @ 09/29/09 03:08 AM
should see pt. 2 tommorow

# 35 Fr3shPrinc3Nyc @ 09/29/09 03:24 AM
man this is shaping up to be a real good year for 2k....being a defense enthusiast i am really loving what I'm hearing. I can't wait to get online and play. NBA 2k10 FTMFW

# 36 jlmjlm @ 09/29/09 07:44 AM
they're trying to make the game as balanced as possible and that's a very good thing for years to come

# 37 jeebs9 @ 09/29/09 09:57 AM
Quote:

Hearing stuff…..Damn I can’t wait to get this game. Anymore little tid bits?fficeffice" />>>

# 38 alsolidus @ 09/29/09 12:20 PM
Just wanted to co-sign the article everything he said is correct. I've played the game straight for 2 days now and I must say best NBA basketball game ever. To the non believers check my achievements GT= Alsolidus

This maybe the first time ever where I don't have to touch sliders and I normally adjust sliders within the first 5 minutes of playing. I would go as far to say that playing on Hall of Fame maybe the most unrealistic because the defense is soooo much improved.

Like the insight says dunks are done right. Dunks actually make sense now. I have a friend of mines who is a cheese wizard, we played 7 straight games of Hall of Fame. I couldn't believe what he said "Did you turn dunking off because Lebron is not dunking" I laughed and told him "I have 2 grown men standing there, he shouldn't" LOL.

Great Game

# 39 modelboy @ 09/29/09 12:41 PM
The funny part is.. most of these "enhancements" have been in the Choops series since its transition to next gen. Was College Hoops designed from some weird alien technology that cant be replicated? It's just all so odd to me.

# 40 jeebs9 @ 09/29/09 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsolidus
Just wanted to co-sign the article everything he said is correct. I've played the game straight for 2 days now and I must say best NBA basketball game ever. To the non believers check my achievements GT= Alsolidus

This maybe the first time ever where I don't have to touch sliders and I normally adjust sliders within the first 5 minutes of playing. I would go as far to say that playing on Hall of Fame maybe the most unrealistic because the defense is soooo much improved.

Like the insight says dunks are done right. Dunks actually make sense now. I have a friend of mines who is a cheese wizard, we played 7 straight games of Hall of Fame. I couldn't believe what he said "Did you turn dunking off because Lebron is not dunking" I laughed and told him "I have 2 grown men standing there, he shouldn't" LOL.

Great Game

LMAO I'm starting to hear more and more stories just like that one. I'm pretty exicted . Can't wait to play my cheeser friends.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.