Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has posted another NBA Developer Insight, this one featuring NBA 2K10 Offensive Gameplay - Part I.

Quote:
"This is Zach Timmerman and I’m here to talk about some the previously unmentioned overhauls and improvements we’ve made to the offensive side of the ball for NBA 2K10. Rob Jones already wrote about a few offensive additions in a previous Developer Insight, including the most significant offensive change, Player Tendencies , which have been vastly improved with help from www.82games.com. He also touched on the new versatile play-calling system, expanded attribute scales and new shooting attributes. This blog will detail some of the other significant changes we made, while also briefly touching on some more minor ones (yet major to some fans). Just know that the combination of my blog and his still does not cover everything on offense, just the additions/improvements we feel are the most noteworthy at this time.

We took a step back to take it all in after shipping 2K9, and after getting feedback from our fans, we went to work on the areas we felt needed the most improvement on offense. Along the way we improved or rewrote just about every aspect of offense. We’ll start with an area that frustrated me the most in 2K9…the inside game."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DC @ 09/28/09 03:37 PM
Quote:
A few more fixes you may be interested in. Players can no longer pull off flashy dunks (360’s and windmills) while in heavy traffic. Also, unlike last year, where a player could windmill a dunk without a step, we now look at player momentum and speed before pulling off a dunk to determine the type of dunk he can do. To be more realistic, players are now forced to dunk with their dominant hand (most often) unless the dunk is two-handed. Finally, the rim hang technology has been improved to help ensure players actually hang on the rim when dunking.
See it to believe it

# 2 Ed21 @ 09/28/09 03:43 PM
Nice.

One of the better insights i've read, making me look forward to it even more!

# 3 Pared @ 09/28/09 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
See it to believe it
In my experience, this is true. I've only seen one windmill and it was with Granger on the break.

It was supposed to be a surprise for you.

# 4 BroMontana82 @ 09/28/09 03:44 PM
nice thanks

# 5 DC @ 09/28/09 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
In my experience, this is true. I've only seen one windmill and it was with Granger on the break.

I am bothered that he is even doing a windmill. What the hell is his dunk rating

# 6 Eman5805 @ 09/28/09 03:54 PM
Windmills aren't all that difficult. Sure, I can't do one, but just about anyone with decent hops and enough room can pull a basic slow one off.

# 7 DC @ 09/28/09 03:56 PM
Yea but Granger shouldn't be doing one because he has never done one in his NBA or College career. If we are using the, "It is easy, anyone could do it" logic then half of the league should have the ability to do it in the game. That isn't cool at all

Quote:
nother change we made to the inside game on offense relates to the Standing Dunk attribute. After witnessing a lot of domination in the paint by getting the ball inside and dunking with a high Standing Dunk player like Amar’e, we realized our inside dunk logic needed revisiting. The logic to determine when and where a player can do this has been tightened and the addition of inside contact shots has forced contested under-basket dunks to trigger less. Ratings have been adjusted as well to account for too many players having 99-rated Standing Dunk attributes. Last year players had only three ratings: 50, 75 and 99. This year we’ve expanded this to have any number between 25 and 99, which allows for much more flexibility.
Throws a wrench in everything

# 8 RubenDouglas @ 09/28/09 04:04 PM
ive followed granger since his days in college. i dont recall ever seeing him pull off anything remote to being fancy. He'd flush it down with two hands, but that might be the extent of that. maybe a one handed facial.

# 9 youvalss @ 09/28/09 04:05 PM
I don't know, in 2K9 it was very hard for me to perform a standing dunk - even with guys who should be able to do it.

# 10 Eman5805 @ 09/28/09 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Yea but Granger shouldn't be doing one because he has never done one in his NBA or College career. If we are using the, "It is easy, anyone could do it" logic then half of the league should have the ability to do it in the game. That isn't cool at all

Throws a wrench in everything
I never said it was easy. I just said it wasn't difficult.

# 11 Rocboyz101 @ 09/28/09 04:08 PM
Sounds good, gotta play it to believe it though. Not sold on the standing dunk mechanic being corrected..

# 12 antoine79 @ 09/28/09 04:11 PM
Yeah I don't recall ever seeing Granger throwing down a windmill either.

On another note aren't the dunk packages supposed to be editable this year? Maybe that can help with this problem.

# 13 Vast @ 09/28/09 04:15 PM
Quote:

I haven't seen any dunks in traffic so far in 2k10. Not even playing against my boys with Kobe or Lebron. Huge improvement IMO. Also the addition of the turbo meter forces more realistic opportunities when playing against a human opponent.

My friend used to beat me consistently in 2k9 with the Lakers. He would just turbo all day with Kobe, dunk through my whole team... especially in the 4th quarter. just ridiculous ish.

Played him in 2k10. haha. A whole new ballgame. Blew him out by 24. All his previous cheese tactics were nullified. Kobe was cold because he no longer was able to dunk through my team, instead he would try difficult layups in traffic like he should've been all along. And on defense when he used to turbo all over the court and still be able to get back in time to cover his man.... no longer possible. Now it's wide open jays hitting the bottom of the net if you dont stay with your man effectively.

# 14 Pared @ 09/28/09 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Well you've always said you'll never be happy.

Granger was completely alone on a break with no one near him. I think seeing that as opposed to guys dunking at will would at least bring some joy in mudville.

Hehe... guess not.

# 15 Zihin @ 09/28/09 04:25 PM
I'm liking, very much so, what I'm reading. Nice improvements to the game. The more realistic, the better.

# 16 ChaseB @ 09/28/09 04:27 PM
Quote:
Well you've always said you'll never be happy.

Granger was completely alone on a break with no one near him. I think seeing that as opposed to guys dunking at will would at least bring some joy in mudville.

Hehe... guess not.
DC's bitterness is part of his charm.

# 17 Rebel_INS @ 09/28/09 04:29 PM
Quote:
Yep! I've only seen one with Iggy on the break as well...

# 18 jeebs9 @ 09/28/09 04:30 PM
DC always said he wouldn't be happy. lol

# 19 XenoZograscope @ 09/28/09 04:30 PM
Quote:

Granger and windmill should never go together...LOL Im sure he can probably do it, but I never seen him do a windmill in a game since he been in the league.

# 20 jeebs9 @ 09/28/09 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I haven't seen any dunks in traffic so far in 2k10. Not even playing against my boys with Kobe or Lebron. Huge improvement IMO. Also the addition of the turbo meter forces more realistic opportunities when playing against a human opponent.

My friend used to beat me consistently in 2k9 with the Lakers. He would just turbo all day with Kobe, dunk through my whole team... especially in the 4th quarter. just ridiculous ish.

Played him in 2k10. haha. A whole new ballgame. Blew him out by 24. All his previous cheese tactics were nullified. Kobe was cold because he no longer was able to dunk through my team, instead he would try difficult layups in traffic like he should've been all along. And on defense when he used to turbo all over the court and still be able to get back in time to cover his man.... no longer possible. Now it's wide open jays hitting the bottom of the net if you dont stay with your man effectively.

But reading this put a smile on my face. Thank You god. Where in queens are you?...LMAO Na jk....

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.