Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Basketball 10 blog, featuring dynamic updates.

Quote:
"This year with NCAA Basketball 10 we’re going to be giving you guys Dynamic Updates every Monday after the Top 25 has been released. Dynamic updates will be coming directly from ESPN.com and will update the stats for all the teams in NCAA Basketball 10 as well as other aspects of the game.

Here's what gets changed when we send out the Dynamic Update:

- Points per Game
- Steals per Game
- Blocks per game
- Assists per game
- Turnovers per game
- Win/Loss Record and winning streaks as well as losing streaks
- Overall and conference records

With these updates you will also get the latest top 25 and RPI for all teams featured in the game. These updates are showcased in-game on all relevant broadcast overlays as well as in the Dynamic Updates menu. There will be speech that supports win/loss streaks as well as the Top 25 itself."

Again sorry about the delay but it was out of my hands. Enjoy.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 cdj @ 11/11/09 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
I'm interested to see how the team ratings will be updated too. They'd be worthless if we have to rename a default roster to use them.
My guess is that there will be a hidden global team improvement (or decrease) slider that the stats will affect to change team quality. I doubt they'd do anything to individual players as that's a lot of work and would imply the game using the likenesses of actual players.

Just guessing, but I think it will look at stats and alter specific ratings for all players on the team. IE: If they lead nation in steals, all/most player steal ratings will get a boost.

# 22 Millennium @ 11/11/09 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I know it is not your fault, thanks for the info. Please let marketing or whomever is dictating this lack of information know how terrible it makes the NCAA 10 team look. There has been one good blog on this game, the rest have ranged from scarce of information to embarrassing at best.

Couple that with how the Madden, NBA Live, NHL, Fight Night, and even FIFA blogs have looked and it is easy to see why this game is considered the bottom of the EA sports barrel. Shame.
Thank you for being mature and constructive. Unfortunately, some can't be as level headed as you, and they will no longer be visiting our site.

# 23 ehh @ 11/11/09 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj
College games are always out of date by week one in terms of rankings and team ratings. Anything to try and improve that should help improve game longevity greatly and I'd think most of us would be ecstatic to see something like this.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like commentary is more 'dynamic' as well and will recognize streaks, rankings, etc. Hopefully this is in Dynasty Mode as well as Play Now.
That's the thing though, this stuff sounds good but in the past it hasn't really delivered in Live. Last year the DNA was so-so (from what I hear, I didn't buy Live 09 til May) and this year the updates are really spotty (screwed up lineups, injuries, shooting tendencies). The dynamic commentary in Live 10 has been extremely limited, I've heard 2-3 lines in seven Knicks games.

So it's basically a good concept in theory but the execution hasn't been there yet.

# 24 whittleboy615 @ 11/11/09 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj
My guess is that there will be a hidden global team improvement (or decrease) slider that the stats will affect to change team quality. I doubt they'd do anything to individual players as that's a lot of work and would imply the game using the likenesses of actual players.

Just guessing, but I think it will look at stats and alter specific ratings for all players on the team. IE: If they lead nation in steals, all/most player steal ratings will get a boost.
Hmm. That would make sense. You are probably right.

# 25 thmst30 @ 11/11/09 09:02 PM
I really hope they thought this through and made it work with named rosters. Otherwise it is useless to me personally. I absolutely cannot play with #'s when there are named rosters available. If these dynamic updates don't preserve the names then I don't see 99.9% of OS ever using it.

# 26 jaosming @ 11/11/09 09:23 PM
Yaw, how does this differ from the Blue Ribbon team updates from NCAA BBall 09?

# 27 marcoyk @ 11/11/09 09:24 PM
I have no idea how that will work. How will it work with non base-rosters? From what I'm guessing, we'll have to use the same rosters as out of the box for this to work.
Too bad for everyone that likes to play as a mid-major because those teams will be screwed up.

# 28 mike24forever @ 11/11/09 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
I heard they removed the mode just to spite you, specifically.

Seriously people. Stop freaking out. You'll be able to read Dynasty Mode reviews in a week when the game comes out. Plenty of people will buy it on release day and complain about all of its faults on this message board. Then you can read descriptions and feedback from non-EA personnel to make an informed decision about your purchase.

Cool your jets and have patience for one more week.
I agree completely. They do not owe us anything. If they do not want to say anything about Dynasty, they do not have to...and if you do not like it, don't buy it.

# 29 poster @ 11/11/09 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Thank you for being mature and constructive. Unfortunately, some can't be as level headed as you, and they will no longer be visiting our site.
Thanks. At times I probably get too bothered myself and get close the crossing the line. I will try to keep it toned down when I am upset about a game. Hoping the game will surprise me.

# 30 jerryrice4949 @ 11/11/09 10:14 PM
Seems like fluff to me. The Season Showdown equivalent. Even the blog did not seem to exude much excitement about the feature. Sometimes I wonder how much control the developers have over the features. I get the impression that marketing and management tend to favor features like this; features they hope to have appeal to the average consumer.

Dynamic updates won't have much of an impact on dynasty. I really want to get a college bball game but just can't get excited about this game with what appears to be the same dynasty, plus tweaking.

I am somewhat dismayed by the general direction of the game. I don not think dynamic updates will help the logevity of the game as much as something like online dynasty would have. Heres hoping for online dynasty next year.

I bet sales are sluggish and I would not blame the economy.

# 31 Nature_Boy @ 11/11/09 10:20 PM
Thanks for the info Blackflash.

# 32 mvb34 @ 11/11/09 10:59 PM
With Dynamic Updates you can expect to see new plays for your playbooks and even new motion offenses. If you see Duke run a different motion offense on TV that isn’t already in the game, with Dynamic Updates it can easily be added.

I like this the best out of the blog!!

# 33 jyoung @ 11/12/09 12:16 AM
Never thought I'd see so much hate over a blog.

You guys should lighten up and be thankful they're actually doing these instead of slamming them everytime it's not about a topic you wanted to hear about.

# 34 ELDoro @ 11/12/09 12:28 AM
I like the sound of the feature, thought we already knew about the dynamic update but really didnt know the details.

# 35 whittleboy615 @ 11/12/09 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
Yaw, how does this differ from the Blue Ribbon team updates from NCAA BBall 09?
Those were not updates. Those were just short default scouting reports for each team written by Blue Ribbon.

# 36 joesto54 @ 11/12/09 12:55 AM
This could be really cool feature IF (and one of these pretains to an exclusive group)

1. It doesn't messed up named rosters / roster edits

2. It doesn't totally neglect mid-majors

# 37 DustinT @ 11/12/09 03:27 AM
If these updates affected teams in dynasty mode, it would be amazing. For a powerhouse like UNC to have like a bad Oregon team in the middle of conference play, but if Oregon was doing well in real life, they would be vastly improved in the game.

# 38 cocobee @ 11/12/09 07:28 AM
My gipe is why the NCAA team keep overlooking the feature to
Import draft classes to NBA live? It's not like this is a new concept. But they'll add fluff like this every year. I really wish they would've saved there pennies in presentation and worked on an online dynasty. That's how this game builds legs to last. Oh well...

# 39 Hova57 @ 11/12/09 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobee
My gipe is why the NCAA team keep overlooking the feature to
Import draft classes to NBA live? It's not like this is a new concept. But they'll add fluff like this every year. I really wish they would've saved there pennies in presentation and worked on an online dynasty. That's how this game builds legs to last. Oh well...
Its funny you say that because some would say the otherwise , spend money on presentation and forget about online dynasty. Me personally i like the presentation i would just like to know how it all wraps up in one package. how does the dynamic updates affect dynasties will there be no progression for individual players or will progression just be across the teams at the end of the year

# 40 countryboy @ 11/12/09 08:31 AM
if they spent the money on Online Dynasty then people would've complained about the lack of presentation.

They spend the money of Presentation and people complain about the lack of an Online Dynasty.

Personally, I'd rather spend the money on presentation just like they did.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.