Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has posted another NBA 2K10 patch announcement.

Quote:
Hey guys,
I want to announce that there is going to be another patch for NBA 2K10 on XBOX 360 and PS3 (The future PC patch will be a combination of the two). It will address several areas users have raised concerns about, including some of the online modes and My Player. There are no further details as to the specifics of the patch at this time but development on the patch is underway. With the built in times for development and approvals, we are not expecting this next game update until January. Further details will be announced as they become available. Thank you.

Ronnie"

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ProtoPunch @ 11/25/09 06:47 PM

# 2 Bellsprout @ 11/25/09 06:49 PM
Sooooooooooooo. 2k has released the game, announced a patch, released a patch (and a quality one at that), and announced ANOTHER patch in the time it's taking Madden to come out with patch 2?

Sad, EA, very sad.

That spiel out of the way, I won't be downloading this. The game plays perfect to me at the moment. I love every second of it. I don't want anything adding overtime glitches or something.

And no, I don't play My Player.

# 3 rspencer86 @ 11/25/09 06:56 PM
Wow, this is a surprise to me. Hopefully they can get all of the online issues ironed out, I assume that's what the focus of this patch would be (along with My Player) since they did so many gameplay tweaks with the previous patch.

# 4 babyfat9 @ 11/25/09 06:59 PM
I don't play online so i don't care bout My Player but if the patch fixes other bugs then sure i'd be more than happy...only thing i pray for the patch to fix is exported teams players defaulting...I truly thought this would be the year 2k gets it right and yet another failure. Each year they seem to progress in some areas and improve in other which I just don't understand. It should always be an improvement in every aspect. 2k8 ...we had exported teams working great with decent graphics...2k9 improved graphics, exported team didint' work and create a player was horrible...Now we have improved create a player yet exported team not working, no options for accessories as 2k puts limits to our options.....

# 5 BroMontana82 @ 11/25/09 07:00 PM
it will be interesting to see what's in it. i don't really play my player or online though...

# 6 Hassan Darkside @ 11/25/09 07:08 PM
Man, I feel spoiled.

# 7 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/25/09 07:10 PM
They need to patch these busted *** servers. 2K is powered by a mouse running in a wheel and some dude shoveling coal into a furnace.

# 8 clivo1050 @ 11/25/09 07:19 PM
If they can completely fix the online and fix the full court touchdown passes, i'll have to trade in live.

2k is just unplayable and too exploitable online for a sim player.

# 9 DaReapa @ 11/25/09 07:19 PM
Lol @ Pappy Knuckles. Although the last patch improved certain areas of the game, it worsened others. Visual Concepts has dropped the ball for the last two years with the NBA 2K franchise. I don't know what to expect from this new patch, but NBA 2K10 may be trade-in value by time January rolls around. I may be a sports nut, but AC2 is looking pretty good right about now. And not releasing any details other than online and My Player fixes is not helping.

# 10 JkA3 @ 11/25/09 07:21 PM
I wish we had more details...

# 11 flooid @ 11/25/09 07:24 PM
I hope it fixes the rotations that the first patch distorted.

# 12 BlueNGold @ 11/25/09 07:34 PM
I would love it if somehow they let us choose which Pressbook photos we want to upload. I'm tired of trying to upload a Pressbook and it stops uploading halfway through like it is right now for me.

# 13 ffaacc03 @ 11/25/09 08:29 PM
Hopefully, for the PS3, it:

1. Corrects the username stat tracking when playing hum vs hum off line ... the loosing team dont get the loss nor does it gets the stats saved at all ... my bro has beaten me everytime, so my username has yet to be saved ... it shows the stats but until the power is turned off, then it gets erased or dissappears.

2. Allows the official created players get linked to the living rosters future (they dont show any stats) ... if not, what is official about them ? We also need the cyber faces for any created players (official or not).

3. Corrects the well known online issues.

4. Allows to manually enable/disable the injured players as of user pleassure and for any roster (official or not) on any mode.

5. Corrects the well known my player issues.

6. Globaly provoques the players to attack a little bit more the basket.

7. Allows us to manipulate the headcoaches transactions movement ... change assistants for HC and fire or hire HC, just as real life and as players ... and for any roster (official or not) on any mode.

8. Insert the FA screen into association.

9. Correct the viewing/tracking of some stats in association and living rosters ... like FTs and 3s attempts ... the numbers are wrong.

10. Expand the linking of your association into 2ks web page ... see: complete boxscores (home/away), presshots, individual and team leaders, players/coaches transactions, schedule ... even awards and allstar races.

# 14 youvalss @ 11/25/09 08:41 PM
That's good. I just hope they'll have enough time to work on 2K11...

# 15 BlueNGold @ 11/25/09 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
I hope they make points in the paint more difficult and jump shooting a little easier but not too much.
Yeah I agree on the points in the paint. Still not difficult enough IMO but it is much better than its ever been.

I don't think there really is much left for them to patch other than those horrible servers that are always down and some other little things. This game has been unbelievably good for me. Sports game of the year if you ask me.

# 16 bluemj32 @ 11/25/09 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
Lol @ Pappy Knuckles. Although the last patch improved certain areas of the game, it worsened others. Visual Concepts has dropped the ball for the last two years with the NBA 2K franchise. I don't know what to expect from this new patch, but NBA 2K10 may be trade-in value by time January rolls around. I may be a sports nut, but AC2 is looking pretty good right about now. And not releasing any details other than online and My Player fixes is not helping.

What gm have you been playing since patch 1 dropped?...Besides my player and online (which I also don't play) there are minor things that need to be addressed but nothing major to where its unplayable, this gm play is by far the best that I have played and Ive played bball gms going back 2 good ol double dribble. Every1 has their prefrences but what are your issues that make you want to turn it in?

# 17 rckabillyRaider @ 11/25/09 09:38 PM
Good to see 2k workin hard. I also will not download this patch. I feel that with patch 1, the game is damn near perfect for me. I don't play online and don't play my player much so it won't bother me not to download it. Strictly offline association here.

# 18 DaReapa @ 11/25/09 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemj32
What gm have you been playing since patch 1 dropped?...Besides my player and online (which I also don't play) there are minor things that need to be addressed but nothing major to where its unplayable, this gm play is by far the best that I have played and Ive played bball gms going back 2 good ol double dribble. Every1 has their prefrences but what are your issues that make you want to turn it in?
Touché on Double Dribble.
NBA 2K10 post-patch is a marked improvement over the retail release. I'm not denying that. But for me, there are still issues, albeit minor, like: the automatic alley-oops when I'm attempting a normal pass; a few unnecessary "bump" shooting animations in the paint causing my player to make a shot attempt more difficult than it should be; and there are still a few defensive rotation fallacies prevalent in the AI (i.e. the player guarding the pick, more often than not, pulls off his man at times when it's not necessary, thus leaving his assignment with an easy scoring opportunity) to name a few. And in MY honest opinion, the "sluggish control" engine has gotten old. And this is coming from someone that's been playing NBA 2K since NBA 2K3. Even though Live IMO is an inferior game, it is miles ahead of the 2K series in terms of control. I'm not saying the game is unplayable. It's just that once you've gotten accustomed to the quality delivered by their 2007 lineup of bball games (more notably, CH 2K8), that sets a standard in quality that the last 2 games haven't come close to reaching. I understand that others may feel differently, and I respect that. But as a fan, this is how I feel about what NBA 2K has become.

# 19 bluemj32 @ 11/25/09 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
Touché on Double Dribble.
NBA 2K10 post-patch is a marked improvement over the retail release. I'm not denying that. But for me, there are still issues, albeit minor, like: the automatic alley-oops when I'm attempting a normal pass; a few unnecessary "bump" shooting animations in the paint causing my player to make a shot attempt more difficult than it should be; and there are still a few defensive rotation fallacies prevalent in the AI (i.e. the player guarding the pick, more often than not, pulls off his man at times when it's not necessary, thus leaving his assignment with an easy scoring opportunity) to name a few. And in MY honest opinion, the "sluggish control" engine has gotten old. And this is coming from someone that's been playing NBA 2K since NBA 2K3. Even though Live IMO is an inferior game, it is miles ahead of the 2K series in terms of control. I'm not saying the game is unplayable. It's just that once you've gotten accustomed to the quality delivered by their 2007 lineup of bball games (more notably, CH 2K8), that sets a standard in quality that the last 2 games haven't come close to reaching. I understand that others may feel differently, and I respect that. But as a fan, this is how I feel about what NBA 2K has become.

Got ya, yeah Im hoping next yr they do address the controls, it is 2 difficult @ times to perform the desired move.

# 20 bruneul @ 11/25/09 10:47 PM
Not sure what else they could fix besides the My player clones...or my player in general..

So uhmm fix.... uhh Carlos Arroyo? I heard that there was no way to fix the black arms unless its patched.

So yea, fix Carlos

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.