Home
News Post

According to ESPN, Tiger Woods was injured in a car crash this morning. According to CNN TV, he has already been released from the hospital.

Quote:
"ORLANDO, Fla. -- Tiger Woods has been seriously injured in a car wreck in Florida, authorities said Friday.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the crash occurred at 2:25 a.m. ET. Woods was driving a 2009 Cadillac sport utility vehicle.

The police report narrative said the "driver had just pulled out of the driveway at his residence ... as [vehicle] began to drive on Deacon Circle, [vehicle] struck a fire hydrant. The front of [vehicle] then struck a tree..."

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital. His condition was not immediately known, though the news release said his injuries were serious."

Member Comments
# 141 DJ @ 12/02/09 10:27 AM
Here's the latest from Tiger, basically admitting to cheating and wanting to keep things private:

http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/artic...27740572/news/

# 142 LingeringRegime @ 12/02/09 10:30 AM
Well played by Tiger. Hopefully, his marriage can be salvaged.

# 143 ODogg @ 12/02/09 10:33 AM
That voicemail he left just goes to show he's not remorseful and that statement he released is just BS PR! I mean he didn't even tell the woman it was over, he just said for her to remove her name from her phone so it wouldn't caller ID her. What a slimeball move!

# 144 Heelfan71 @ 12/02/09 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
That voicemail he left just goes to show he's not remorseful and that statement he released is just BS PR! I mean he didn't even tell the woman it was over, he just said for her to remove her name from her phone so it wouldn't caller ID her. What a slimeball move!
that is a old voice mail. I think it is funny how the press and certain people seem to demand to know what happened in his PERSONAL life. Because he is a celebrity they think they have the right to know.

# 145 Motown @ 12/02/09 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Well played by Tiger. Hopefully, his marriage can be salvaged.
His marriage is toast.

# 146 ODogg @ 12/02/09 10:44 AM
Heelfan71, IMO people do have a right to know when you base your products on your wholesome image as Tiger has. If your image is a lie then it makes a huge difference. If you want privacy then being a famous athlete or celebrity should not be at the top of your career moves.

And if you don't want to be judged by the public then don't base your image on a lie (see the post above mine about Derek Jeter, who cannot be subject to this type of incident because he does not base his image on a lie)..

# 147 mvb34 @ 12/02/09 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
His marriage is toast.
Elin may forgive..... What a concept

# 148 Motown @ 12/02/09 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
Seriously, despite the jokes I've posted and such, I must admit I'm pretty disappointed personally by all this.

I am a huge fan of the guy. I have lauded him as that one truely exceptional athlete who has proven time and again that he can keep things in perspective, continue to work harder than anyone else, and demand excellence from himself (golfers succeed and fail on their own pretty much).

He also crafted his life in the same manner. I even thought he had presidential qualities about him if he ever chose to go that direction.

Having an affair outside the marriage is wrong, but I could see giving him a pass for that. Frankly, I don't see how he's stayed so "normal" despite being the most famous person in the world sports-wise.

But apparently, this is of a serial nature. This isn't a passing transgression, it appears to be a huge character flaw. Such flaws are not fixable.
I agree man. I've been w/ my wife for 18 years, tho i don't have celebrity status, I've NEVER cheated on my wife. So i guess that makes me better than Tiger at something.

# 149 ODogg @ 12/02/09 10:49 AM
The flaw isn't him wanting a bunch of young ladies, the flaw is him getting married in the first place knowing that.

# 150 ODogg @ 12/02/09 10:57 AM
Freelance - and honestly I foolishly thought Tiger was different. And we wonder why, as we grow older, we become more jaded and cynical??

# 151 GSW @ 12/02/09 11:04 AM
Tiger cheated...that sucks...

**Meanwhile MORE troops have been sent to Afghantistan...**

I wonder whats REALLY going on over there.

# 152 Motown @ 12/02/09 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
Tiger cheated...that sucks...

**Meanwhile MORE troops have been sent to Afghantistan...**

I wonder whats REALLY going on over there.
OT but...one word OIL

# 153 GSW @ 12/02/09 11:15 AM
I know buddy...

another word... OPIUM

# 154 Lintyfresh85 @ 12/02/09 11:16 AM
another word... locked.

As in, this thread will get locked if you keep up with politics/crap we're not allowed to talk about on OS.

# 155 ODogg @ 12/02/09 11:20 AM
yeah cmon guys, don't get into that nonsense...let's talk about the more interesting nonsense, LOL

# 156 LingeringRegime @ 12/02/09 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
His marriage is toast.
A little "Kobe Special" can heal all wounds.

# 157 ODogg @ 12/02/09 11:29 AM
Yeah no doubt man, but then unless she has cheated too she could just take half of his money right now probably. Does anyone know if he has a pre-nup?

# 158 Pared @ 12/02/09 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85
another word... locked.

As in, this thread will get locked if you keep up with politics/crap we're not allowed to talk about on OS.
Listen to this man.

# 159 DJ @ 12/02/09 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
A little "Kobe Special" can heal all wounds.
lol. Tiger should go full-on Kobe with this. Buy his wife some huge rock and get some tats while he's at it.

# 160 TarHeelMan @ 12/02/09 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Heelfan71, IMO people do have a right to know when you base your products on your wholesome image as Tiger has. If your image is a lie then it makes a huge difference. If you want privacy then being a famous athlete or celebrity should not be at the top of your career moves.

And if you don't want to be judged by the public then don't base your image on a lie (see the post above mine about Derek Jeter, who cannot be subject to this type of incident because he does not base his image on a lie)..
The issue isn't with him, then. He didn't create his image; the ad execs did. Nobody knows what he is really like behind closed doors, or just about any other athlete, for that matter. People are disappointed or chagrined because he didn't meet their expectations of him? Blame the ad execs and sponsors who force feed you commercials portraying him as some kind of holier-than-thou individual. THEY'RE the ones who are lying to you; THEY'RE the ones running game.The only REAL exposure you get of him is when he's engaged in his craft.

As for Jeter, the only thing with him is that he's smart enough not to get married; then he can knock down all these broads and not get called out for it.

I can understand the whole "well, he's in the public eye so he shouldn't expect privacy" statement, but I don't think Tiger went and said "look, make me into some whole other person". Ad agencies and execs make very good money, and stuff like this is the reason why.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.