Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted some potential features for the upcoming NCAA Football 11.

Quote:
"A survey distributed by EA may have provided some insight into improvements and new features that are being considered for NCAA Football 11. The questionnaire asks for a selection of the top three out of 13 choices. Included are things like an Athletic Director mode with stadium creator, authentic team entrances, and ESPN style TV presentation. While there is no guarantee any of the options will make it in the game it does stand to reason that some of them will."

Without question, the 3 I'd like to see. Locomotion, college specific gameplay and ESPN style presentation. Given the choices Pasta posted, what would you like to see?

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 CreatineKasey @ 11/28/09 10:22 PM
Give me locomotion, coaching carousels and more accurate ratings.

I'll buy NCAA 11 if that's the focus.

# 22 boisejames @ 11/28/09 10:45 PM
I'll say locomotion and almost any other two. But there are a couple that I don't really care for...

But my question is; where can we select our three and enter them in for EA? Where can we get this survey?

# 23 Cusefan @ 11/28/09 11:01 PM
I personally do not think they would have time to have Locomotion work correctly. But locomotion is my #1. Personally i think these three are more obtainable:

1. ESPN Broadcast

2. Coaching Carousel

3. AD Mode( This is my Favorite, i love this Idea and have been a cheerleader for it for years)

# 24 J-Unit40 @ 11/28/09 11:13 PM
1. Locomotion

2. ESPN Presentation

3. Authentic offensive play styles.

Just nail those three and I would be a happy camper for NCAA 11.

# 25 prowler @ 11/29/09 12:04 AM
Locomotion
Coaching Carousel
Sideline coaching activity (which doesn't seem like it should even be touted as a feature)

I was leaning toward ESPN presentation or entrances as my third but for all the added presentation in Madden, I don't bother with any of it. And only 30 entrances seems like a waste of dev time, just give us players warming up on the field like before.

I'm also curious what an AD Mode would include (besides stadium builder) when the main staple of the feature that everyone wants is coaching carousel.

# 26 marcoyk @ 11/29/09 12:37 AM
There's no way I can pick only three so:

1. Locomotion
2. ESPN Presentation
3. Authentic Entrances & Traditions
4. Authentic Play Styles
5. Real-life Coaches and Coordinators
6. Coaching Carousels

As a side note, Signature Coaching Plays sounds very interesting. It would be interesting to see how this was implemented with the headset.

# 27 lilbiz73 @ 11/29/09 12:49 AM
The biggest thing I want is real player names. I would like to see the ESPN style for the gamplay also. I think it would be cool to add a gamplaning section each week where you can play the way to play and try to figure out the weaknesses and the strengths of the opposing team, maybe this is already here and I just haven't noticed it but I don't think there is

# 28 sonn @ 11/29/09 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiz73
The biggest thing I want is real player names. I would like to see the ESPN style for the gamplay also. I think it would be cool to add a gamplaning section each week where you can play the way to play and try to figure out the weaknesses and the strengths of the opposing team, maybe this is already here and I just haven't noticed it but I don't think there is

You can't have real player names, EA would have to pay for that and the player would lose NCAA eligibility. Its the reason the cover athlete has always been someone who has gone onto the pros

# 29 lilbiz73 @ 11/29/09 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonn
You can't have real player names, EA would have to pay for that and the player would lose NCAA eligibility. Its the reason the cover athlete has always been someone who has gone onto the pros
Why do they have to pay them? like I know they have to the pro players but I think NCAA players would be ok with not getting money but being in a video game. You would think EA would be able to work out some kind of deal

# 30 raidersbball20 @ 11/29/09 01:03 AM
I really want the team entrances/traditions, that would make the game way more realistic

# 31 boisejames @ 11/29/09 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersbball20
I really want the team entrances/traditions, that would make the game way more realistic
But it says 30! If they're gonna do it, they need all team entrances!

# 32 St3fN_sTrApS @ 11/29/09 03:55 AM
I was excited for team entrances but not for just 30 teams. that's not fair to the other teams. If only everything from the list can make it into NCAA 11

# 33 Potatoes002 @ 11/29/09 05:53 AM
Even thougn AD mode sounds awesome if they dont take that route they will have much more development time and could easily get more than just 3 of these features. Just my 2 cents.

# 34 Potatoes002 @ 11/29/09 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiz73
Why do they have to pay them? like I know they have to the pro players but I think NCAA players would be ok with not getting money but being in a video game. You would think EA would be able to work out some kind of deal
Its againts NCAA rules and Ea would get sued if they had player names. Same reason college jerseys dont have last names on the back of them.

# 35 sportyguyfl31 @ 11/29/09 06:17 AM
AI overall....

# 36 Ninjoid @ 11/29/09 06:30 AM
1. ESPN TV presentation
2. Authentic Team styles
3. Locomotion
4. Head Coaches

# 37 GlennN @ 11/29/09 10:18 AM
1) Locomotion
2) Authentic play styles

There isn't even a third thing on the list I give a damn about.

# 38 LucianoJJ @ 11/29/09 10:37 AM
From this list via Pasta:
Locomotion
Authentic play styles
Head coaches, if it is like NCAA Basketball 09

While people may complain about only 30 specific team entrances, you can't say there is something special about every programs' ritual. There's only so much they can do, and I wouldn't want them to overdo entrances when they have a limited time frame to address a bunch of issues. If there is a choice between better and new, I'll take improvement over innovation.

# 39 vaderdog @ 11/29/09 12:00 PM
I don't know what locomotion is, but I think that whatever physics and momentum bit FIFA uses should be the base to build off. Coaching and AD would be the second most. If I'm that hard up for presentation, I'll watch a game on TV. Although, it should be in there as well

# 40 csuf559 @ 11/29/09 12:14 PM
1. Coaching Carousel
2. Locomotion Gameplay
3. Espn Presentation

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.