Home
Gran Turismo 5 News Post

Kotaku has posted their impressions of Gran Turismo 5.

Quote:
"I smacked the Subaru into walls until its doors were flying open and its fenders were scratched. The Sony man took over and got the bumper to nearly fall off. He said he's gotten the hood knocked off too and that beneath these busted bits Polyphony has rendered the innards of the car. We'll be able to see behind the damage.

And it's not just cosmetic damage, I was told. The car's performance will be impaired if the vehicle is roughed up. Gears might not shift as well, for example.

The other stand-out feature I was told about was head-tracking. The game will support the PlayStation 3 camera, the PlayStation Eye. While one wasn't hooked up at today's event, it was explained that the device will track a player's head movements. The goal is for the depth-of-field focal point far down the track to shift, matching your head movement. What you look at will be appear more clearly, in theory. So as you look a little to the right, the right part of what you see beyond your car may come more sharply into focus. But the car itself won't turn with your head, of course.

The Sony rep explained that Polyphony's goal is for players to feel like they are experiencing what real racers see. He noted that the feature was still a work in progress and couldn't offer more details about how it works. From his gestures, I suspect the head-tracking will be responsive more to leans than to head turns, the latter of which obviously would make it hard to see the TV."

Game: Gran Turismo 5Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 16 - View All
Gran Turismo 5 Videos
Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.