Home
Backbreaker News Post

Check out the box art for Backbreaker, which were posted on their official Backbreaker Facebook page.

According to EB Games, preorders will ship on May 18th.

Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DaveDQ @ 01/24/10 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Absolutely amazing cover! Coming from a strong graphic design background I can tell you this one hits on so many levels.

I must say the logo is very, very strong; in fact, it reminds me exactly of the NBA logo which conveys the speed & movement of the game yet it's still very balanced. The logo will make the game very easy to market & brand. The name texts are very clean, crips and easy to read as well. The player's pose has a very strong sequential appeal to it -- comic art -- with the layout being in-your-face. On top of that, the player is outfitted in the BB uniform so any potential buyer already has a flash of what to expect. And as other people mentioned, the inclusion of using #52 will immediatly subconsciously draw the football fan to think of current greats: Willis, Lewis, etc and being a LB, gamers will know what to expect: HITS!

Seriously, absolutely love this cover. I wish I could find out who the artist is.
I love the cover but really think the logo is awful. I don't look at that logo and see anything but someone who referenced the MLB and NBA and made a logo. It just doesn't have much uniqueness to it.

Nothing against the game. I hope it does great, and I hope it introduces things we have come to expect from a franchise (Madden) that has lagged on (proper physics and player momentum).

# 22 LBzrule @ 01/24/10 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
someone already made a Ray Lewis one...

With the arm Tat that's immediately who I thought about.

# 23 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/24/10 09:57 PM
Sweet cover, now let's see some gameplay videos.

# 24 PantherBeast_OS @ 01/25/10 02:07 AM
Cover looks good but the gameplay still to me looks like blitz still to me. And the models sizes look all the same aswell. Might be a nice game to play. But until is gets a nfl rights. BB will just be like all the other footballs games before it. Jst a secondary game to madden and well not last long.

# 25 canes21 @ 01/26/10 04:47 PM
People who keep throwing out "Blitz" and keep saying the players all look the same have not kept up with this game over the past 6 months. Its already been stated the game will have two modes(not difficulties, but just modes) Arcade and Sim. If you used common sense, which lacks on the internet in general, you would assume Sim is short for Simulation. I'm not saying the game will be 100% sim, but they apparently were trying for sim somewhere.

Also, the game only looks like Blitz because all we have seen is teaser trailers. These trailers are supposed to get us pumped for the game. Watching a play unfold and seeing a normal wrap up tackle is nice, but does it belong in a teaser trailer? When you watch a Nike commercial or Under Armour commercial do you see big hard hits or little wrap up tackles? You see big hits the majority of the time.

Before you write this game off as another Blitz, take the time to read up on some info about the game and actually wait for some real gameplay videos to surface. As of now, all we have seen is some pictures and some hype clips.

# 26 TheKingOfVa @ 01/28/10 12:17 AM
Great cover art

# 27 LingeringRegime @ 01/28/10 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
People who keep throwing out "Blitz" and keep saying the players all look the same have not kept up with this game over the past 6 months. Its already been stated the game will have two modes(not difficulties, but just modes) Arcade and Sim. If you used common sense, which lacks on the internet in general, you would assume Sim is short for Simulation. I'm not saying the game will be 100% sim, but they apparently were trying for sim somewhere.

Also, the game only looks like Blitz because all we have seen is teaser trailers. These trailers are supposed to get us pumped for the game. Watching a play unfold and seeing a normal wrap up tackle is nice, but does it belong in a teaser trailer? When you watch a Nike commercial or Under Armour commercial do you see big hard hits or little wrap up tackles? You see big hits the majority of the time.

Before you write this game off as another Blitz, take the time to read up on some info about the game and actually wait for some real gameplay videos to surface. As of now, all we have seen is some pictures and some hype clips.
Great post. Just because the game isn't licensed doesn't mean it's a blitz type of game. Look at the PES series for example. At one time most of the teams in the game weren't licensed, and yet it was the most accurate simulation on the market. Not saying that this game will be completely like that, but for the very fact that no two plays will be the same really gets some "sim" points in my book.

# 28 jyoung @ 01/28/10 02:24 AM
If this game is Blitz, then what does that make Madden?

Jerry Glanville's Pigskin Footbrawl, perhaps?

# 29 Cryolemon @ 01/28/10 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

lol.

# 30 DaveDQ @ 01/28/10 09:15 AM
Quote:

My goodness. I can honestly say I have never seen that game. What on earth?

# 31 CreatineKasey @ 01/28/10 09:55 AM
SEND IN THE TROLL! LMAO!

# 32 ODogg @ 01/28/10 10:00 AM
TOS Alert, heh.

The cover is nice but i'll probably wait for the reviews of this game. I'm not entirely sold on it being a good game as opposed to a technology demo and/or Blitz type game. It would be nice to have a great football game that is fresh and different from Madden though.

# 33 SageInfinite @ 01/28/10 01:26 PM
Quote:

That game was awesome.

# 34 jyoung @ 01/28/10 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Back in 1990, it was Midway's first attempt at arcade football.

It came out long before Blitz (1997), but the same year as High Impact Football (1990), which was later ported to the SNES and Genesis as Super High Impact (1993).

The arcade version was simply called "Pigskin 621 A.D."

The Genesis port later that year added the Jerry Glanville endorsement to help add a bit more product recognition and boost sales.

For its time, the game was pretty darn fun.

# 35 CubFan23 @ 01/28/10 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Absolutely amazing cover! Coming from a strong graphic design background I can tell you this one hits on so many levels.

I must say the logo is very, very strong; in fact, it reminds me exactly of the NBA logo which conveys the speed & movement of the game yet it's still very balanced. The logo will make the game very easy to market & brand. The name texts are very clean, crips and easy to read as well. The player's pose has a very strong sequential appeal to it -- comic art -- with the layout being in-your-face. On top of that, the player is outfitted in the BB uniform so any potential buyer already has a flash of what to expect. And as other people mentioned, the inclusion of using #52 will immediatly subconsciously draw the football fan to think of current greats: Willis, Lewis, etc and being a LB, gamers will know what to expect: HITS!

Seriously, absolutely love this cover. I wish I could find out who the artist is.
I see what is going to be an average football game.

Seriously, pass me some of what you smoking

# 36 TheWatcher @ 02/05/10 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
You can play it online here:

http://www.thesmartass.info/play/gen...skin+Footbrawl

# 37 Pappy Knuckles @ 02/05/10 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I see what is going to be an average football game.

Seriously, pass me some of what you smoking
He didn't say one word about the actual game in that post. I tend to agree with his comments about the art. It looks pretty nice.

# 38 JayBee74 @ 02/05/10 10:05 PM
Somewhat official-the release date should be May 18th.
RELEASE

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.