Home
Tecmo Bowl Throwback News Post

Examiner has confirmed Tecmo Bowl Throwback. Check out the details from the ESRB.

Quote:
"The ESRB has confirmed the rumors floating around that Tecmo Bowl is heading to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. The likely downloadable title has been given an E (for Everyone) rating for Mild Suggestive Themes. You can view the rating summary below:

This is a top-down arcade-style football game in which players compete against teams around the country to become the "Tecmo Bowl Champion." Some of the football highlights are depicted in animated cutscenes (with better graphics); a few non-football highlights depict cheerleaders wearing low-cut tops while dancing. And a jumbotron screen displays a 2D swimsuit model with some exposed cleavage."

Game: Tecmo Bowl ThrowbackReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Chef Matt @ 02/19/10 12:45 PM
Examiner has confirmed Tecmo Bowl Throwback. Check out the details from the ESRB.

Quote:
"The ESRB has confirmed the rumors floating around that Tecmo Bowl is heading to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. The likely downloadable title has been given an E (for Everyone) rating for Mild Suggestive Themes. You can view the rating summary below:

This is a top-down arcade-style football game in which players compete against teams around the country to become the "Tecmo Bowl Champion." Some of the football highlights are depicted in animated cutscenes (with better graphics); a few non-football highlights depict cheerleaders wearing low-cut tops while dancing. And a jumbotron screen displays a 2D swimsuit model with some exposed cleavage."

# 2 Valdarez @ 02/19/10 02:19 PM
Very kewl. I hope they don't go with the 8-bit look though and do some nicer graphics/models from the same viewpoint.

Never understood why Madden/2K games didn't have a Tecmo Bowl stylish mode (arcade mode).

# 3 CreatineKasey @ 02/19/10 02:50 PM
So, they talk about it being "not far off". Does that mean like this spring not far off or this year not far off... or??

# 4 Chef Matt @ 02/19/10 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
So, they talk about it being "not far off". Does that mean like this spring not far off or this year not far off... or??
My guess is we'll see it by the time football season starts. Considering the ESRB has placed a rating on it we should see it this year.

# 5 ODogg @ 02/19/10 03:51 PM
Man I can't wait, I hope they keep the players looking rounded and all like the arcade and just make better textures for everything, that will be awesome!!

# 6 TheWatcher @ 02/19/10 04:48 PM
YES!!! YES!!! FINALLY!!!

Please Tecmo don't screw it up, please Tecmo don't screw it up, please Tecmo don't screw it up...

# 7 CreatineKasey @ 02/19/10 11:35 PM
You guys are going DOWN once this comes out! RAWR!!!

Greg Lloyd is comin' for ya!

# 8 ODogg @ 02/24/10 02:22 PM
Danny White all day CreatineKasey!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.