Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 11 blog with the Executive Producer of the game.

Quote:
"As a Michigan Wolverine fan, I want an NCAA Football that resembles the Saturday afternoon experience at the Big House. The sights, the sounds, and the traditions. (And of course, the return of a winning season. ;-) But it's not just about visual presentation. It's also making sure that my team - and all 120 FBS teams that we include in the game - look, feel, and play like my team. There are style variations across teams in the NFL but if you want to see true variety, it's all about College. We recognize that NCAA Football needs to more closely model and reflect those differences as part of gameplay.

Innovation

We've always had a history of innovation on the franchise. It was the first EA SPORTS game on Xbox Live back in 2004. In 2009 it was Online Dynasty, giving you the ability to compete with your friends across the country. Or last year's web-based team creator, TeamBuilder, where (amazingly) you guys have already created more than half-a-million custom teams! By the way, these teams will all work in NCAA Football 11 as well...

Before I came onboard the NCAA franchise, I worked on a number of online games and technologies across EA SPORTS and also led the team that helped bring EA SPORTS games to Xbox Live and Sony PSN. Without giving too much away, you can probably guess that online will be a big component of some of the new areas we're exploring this year."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Cusefan @ 03/18/10 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
If they're already releasing screenshots of the game, how many of our demands (at this point) are gonna be in the first release?
Tough to say, if they actually listen to the Community I would expect a good number of upgrades. The real question is, did they listen to us...

# 102 moylan1234 @ 03/18/10 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I must have missed the memo that we should only ask EA to reinstate old features we've come to expect only when it's "easy".
"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great" Jimmy Dugan, Rockford Peaches Manager - 1943

# 103 ODogg @ 03/18/10 05:04 PM
heh....i guess maybe you're right, it's amazing ea can even put out the game at all considering adding long hair is like solving the riddle of the sphinx..

# 104 Hova57 @ 03/18/10 11:01 PM
Quote:
I must have missed the memo that we should only ask EA to reinstate old features we've come to expect only when it's "easy".
yea the memo came out july 14 2009 sorry i thought you read it.

# 105 JAS07 @ 03/23/10 07:52 PM
I just hope they have more than a few new equipment options and also better gameplay.

# 106 blackscorpion11 @ 03/25/10 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
  1. I don't think the game looks awful. Far from it, in point of fact;
  2. From a purely selfish pov it's a non-issue, as I don't believe my Coogs have a single player with hair that is long enough to be seen outside his helmet.

I think NCAA 10 is the best looking football games available, UNTIL THE PLAYERS START MOVING. and thats what they need to fix!!

I want as much customization and detail as i can get, hair included, BUT i don't want any of that until my gameplay is right.

# 107 ODogg @ 03/25/10 09:51 AM
blackscorpion - you must not have seen madden 10 yet then, beacuse madden 10 blows ncaa out of the water in looks.

but i do agree with what you say, the players moving around look terrible.

i completely disagree with the last statement. they need to be adding customization details and working on gameplay all at once. but as someone said, EA seems incapable of doing that.

# 108 coogrfan @ 03/25/10 10:12 AM
Quote:
blackscorpion - you must not have seen madden 10 yet then, beacuse madden 10 blows ncaa out of the water in looks.

but i do agree with what you say, the players moving around look terrible.
I'm not clear on what you mean by this. What exactly is it about Madden 10 that makes you say it is that much better looking than NCAA 10?

Player models?
Color palette?
Lighting?
Field textures and/or stadiums?
Cut scenes?
User interface?

# 109 ODogg @ 03/25/10 10:38 AM
Colors, more unique player models, better field textures, lighting, better detail in uniforms for starters

# 110 Drocks @ 03/25/10 05:08 PM
I think Madden 10 is a better looking game as well.

In regards to hair, I think it's just something that's just flat out not important to them, plain and simple. If it were, it'd be in there. Considering we're talking generic players, there's just no need for it to make the game viable. It's not like Madden 10 where they are trying to duplicate real life players, so something like hair takes on more importance. I don't really get on their case for not including it in the game, you make decisions with the bottom line in mind, and if they feel the resources used to create that hair are more than the money earned for doing it, they probably won't do it. It's not like they aren't doing anything at all to customize, considering the gear added. Hair's just not one of those things they decided is necessary.

Plus it seems like I've heard multiple times that hair is really not easy to execute on these systems. Don't know why, but this isn't the first time I've heard that idea.

# 111 ODogg @ 03/25/10 05:14 PM
Drocks, pretty funny post considering your name, LOL

# 112 Drocks @ 03/25/10 05:19 PM
Quote:
Drocks, pretty funny post considering your name, LOL
Haha, yeah, I just made that up, wasn't even a thought when I created it lol

# 113 ODogg @ 03/25/10 05:33 PM
Well, it was funny to be sure. As for me, I will continue to fight for dreadlocks. I will not rest. Ever.

# 114 jello1717 @ 03/25/10 05:39 PM
If it's already been mentioned, I apologize.

We've already heard that Alabama's numbers will now show up on their helmets in game. Do you think it's safe to assume that the same will be true for pride stickers since I'm pretty sure they use the same technology?

# 115 cam21224 @ 03/25/10 05:56 PM
Looking good so far, got to follow this gm very closely might actually be a pick up for me this year even though I perfer the NFL over College Football.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.