Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

As reported yesterday, the patch for NBA 2K10 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Update: Details on the NBA 2K10 PC patch, can be found here.

Update #2: Ronnie2K has posted the following.

Update #3: Euro patch is available.

Quote:
"We're pushing all DD's to get in gear and post. Hopeful that it'll happen next week but it's in their hands. That's what I was saying yesterday in my post, maybe it'd be better to wait so all DD's and us lined up, but oh well."

Mirror: The Patches Scrolls (USA Patch)

Mirror: The Patches Scrolls (Euro Patch)

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 dregos @ 03/19/10 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
So I looked up the durability thing...it looks like if you put it around 70 you should see more. I had it at 75 (and injury severity at 75) and one of my guys went down for 4 weeks. I'll probably leave them both at 65 or 70.

I also just saw a traveling call on the cpu...something I've never seen before!
I've seen a lot of traveling without the patch. However on the PS3 version.. WITH the patch... I see A LOT MORE traveling

# 22 tril @ 03/19/10 11:47 AM
what Ive noticed-with the slider set I use.

-assists number seems corrected, bu I have to play more games to confirm.

-shooting is more responsive/fluid with the shot stick.

-players run plays quicker. all you have to be is near the start of the player and the indicator will move onto the next part of the play.

-good contact in the paint. strength really matters. any bump will cause a player to alter the shots. the cpu defense collapses, a few times I tried to pass out of the collapsing defensive only to throw the ball out of bounds.

-notice a few times deflections going off of players hand then go out of bounds. mistimed rebounds, etc.

-more fouls

-the cpu defense is unforgiving. boy do they d-up more intelligently. double teams really come to life. players coming from the back while going up for a shot. its there.

-pgs exploit the mismatches more effectively. on one particular play, Oden wound up guarding Chris Paul, chris paul blows past him, Oden recovers goes for the block, chris pall double clutches and Oden knocks him to the floor hard.

-you reach the CPU seems to take advantage of that more.
-cpu misses more open jumpers, but they do run plays more affective.

-rebounding seems easier.
-game seems quicker

-players at first seemed like they were gliding more at first. but that quickly became a non-issue. had to edit this-the player movement is more responsive.

-cpu timeout glitch is fixed. but I did notice that sometimes during timeouts there is a glitch where the graphic that tells you how many timeouts are left is cut off. in one game it was there, in another it wasnt.

# 23 fearwhatnow @ 03/19/10 12:31 PM
After good testing i can say now that :
- The big men shooting 3's glitch is without any doubt non existent in the pc patch.
- Cpu D seems even more intelligent (i have ps3 version too)
- Shooting success sliders even at default 50 give great realistic FG% for both cpu/human (on ps3 i had to tone down shooting success for cpu at 43/43/45/49).Now at 50 cpu misses open j's!!
- PiP are greatly reduced.
- Assists are significally reduced.
- On Pro difficulty the only slider change i made is on ball D for cpu at 30( i don't like constant on ball reaching by cpu because gives me the opportunity to easily drive to the basket), stamina at 47, durability at 60. injury severity 60,commit fouls for hum at 100,dunks in traffic at 15 for both cpu/hum.
- Nba rules 100,80,60,85,100 and you're good to go pc users.

# 24 Lowpressure32 @ 03/19/10 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Better D across the board from the CPU. My only niggle is that my NPC Defenders were still getting moments of brain-death, leaving a whole lot of backdoors for the CPU. But it just feels more physical. I actually fouled out Lopez. There were a lot more collision in the paint and a lot of foul calls that I don't remember pre-patch. I also was struck by how many more fighting over/around picks animations that I don't remember seeing play out pre-patch. I'm really digging a lot of little stuff that I'm seeing. The player movement still isn't like NBA Live, IMO. But much more true to life. If I got a three, it was from ball movement and my player running off of a pick. Still a few quirks, but really a great game of B-Ball now.... Gonna play some more later, to make sure that I'm not doing the "placebo effect." But, after one game, I'm inclined to say, "no, it's really a lot better!"
Thanks, I appreciate it. Sounds good to me. Although I don't expect every little detail to be ironed out, I'm looking forward to cranking it up once steam puts it out. Good deal tho.

# 25 tcnumba10 @ 03/19/10 04:11 PM
After getting the PC Patch (Yes, finally!),

I've noticed that superstars are more aggressive and are looking to score more often! (That was my biggest concern and they fixed it!)

It is also harder to drive in the lane now, and I haven't seen too many bullet passes into the paint for an easy 2.

The only concern that I have now is that the Sports ticker is at the bottom of the screen even if I change the option to "No" (it's blank)

But the patch makes the game feel a lot better and much more realistic! Good Job 2K! Hopefully they release the patch for 2K11 earlier next time!

# 26 Steve_OS @ 03/19/10 04:40 PM
Just FYI, edited original post w/ a little more info.

# 27 Boge @ 03/19/10 04:41 PM
Anyone bothering trying the My Player game mode?

# 28 aTTckr @ 03/19/10 04:57 PM
The european edition of the patch finally came out, but now after I installed it, the game crashes after I press start at the start screen and everything has loaded. Somebody else got this problem?

# 29 davep @ 03/19/10 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aTTckr
The european edition of the patch finally came out, but now after I installed it, the game crashes after I press start at the start screen and everything has loaded. Somebody else got this problem?
Disconnect your internet and play offline.

# 30 Sublime8992 @ 03/19/10 07:53 PM
Selling my 360 copy, back to the PC version. gonna be a sexy spring break hahahaha, been playing college hoops 2k8 non stop for the last several months but it may be over now

# 31 Bokkeballer @ 03/19/10 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
After good testing i can say now that :
- The big men shooting 3's glitch is without any doubt non existent in the pc patch.
- Cpu D seems even more intelligent (i have ps3 version too)
- Shooting success sliders even at default 50 give great realistic FG% for both cpu/human (on ps3 i had to tone down shooting success for cpu at 43/43/45/49).Now at 50 cpu misses open j's!!
- PiP are greatly reduced.
- Assists are significally reduced.
- On Pro difficulty the only slider change i made is on ball D for cpu at 30( i don't like constant on ball reaching by cpu because gives me the opportunity to easily drive to the basket), stamina at 47, durability at 60. injury severity 60,commit fouls for hum at 100,dunks in traffic at 15 for both cpu/hum.
- Nba rules 100,80,60,85,100 and you're good to go pc users.
im still getting unrealistic shooting percentages. 55% from the wizards in the last game and i shot 50. i do think shooting sliders need to come down abit still

# 32 youvalss @ 03/20/10 12:06 AM
Is "V 1.1" (or something like that) supposed to appear on the screen while the game's loading? Because I don't see anything like that...

# 33 BrianFifaFan @ 03/20/10 02:31 AM
Okay, I'm gonna say that I'm really impressed now. This is an incredible game. If it weren't for getting stuck in the double team animations, I'd have to call the gameplay probably about the best I've played in a long time. I still don't prefer Isomotion, but the controls are now really responsive and the animations are flowing seamlessly into one another. It makes for a really authentic experience. The post game, which was already good, is now as physical as one could expect. And I'm really liking the CPU D now, both my NPC's and the CPU's. I don't feel like I'm out of control now, waiting for the ability to switch to the proper player.

Man, I could play this game all night. I just got done playing the Magic at Amway and it was so great. The new texture work made the arena and players look the best I've ever seen in a videogame. There was a shiny gloss finish over the floor and every board texture just popped out at me. If you have a rig that can do stadiums on "high," you'll just love it. BTW, here's that Shaq Alley-oop vid. I can't ever remeber seeing this animation sequence before. Has anybody else?

# 34 aTTckr @ 03/20/10 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Disconnect your internet and play offline.
Thanks that works. But isn't there really not another way to work around this?

# 35 tcnumba10 @ 03/20/10 10:43 AM
Quote:
Okay, I'm gonna say that I'm really impressed now. This is an incredible game. If it weren't for getting stuck in the double team animations, I'd have to call the gameplay probably about the best I've played in a long time. I still don't prefer Isomotion, but the controls are now really responsive and the animations are flowing seamlessly into one another. It makes for a really authentic experience. The post game, which was already good, is now as physical as one could expect. And I'm really liking the CPU D now, both my NPC's and the CPU's. I don't feel like I'm out of control now, waiting for the ability to switch to the proper player.

Man, I could play this game all night. I just got done playing the Magic at Amway and it was so great. The new texture work made the arena and players look the best I've ever seen in a videogame. There was a shiny gloss finish over the floor and every board texture just popped out at me. If you have a rig that can do stadiums on "high," you'll just love it. BTW, here's that Shaq Alley-oop vid. I can't ever remeber seeing this animation sequence before. Has anybody else?
Hey bud, just wondering why the Cav's headband color is white for you while it's red in my game? (It's only white when the Cavs are playing at home for me 2)

# 36 BrianFifaFan @ 03/20/10 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Hey bud, just wondering why the Cav's headband color is white for you while it's red in my game? (It's only white when the Cavs are playing at home for me 2)
I don't know. After I installed the patch, they were there in white. Now I haven't hooked up the game to the servers at all for the living rosters, maybe that has something to do with it?

# 37 Goffs @ 03/20/10 11:31 AM
did steam patch nba2k10 yet?

# 38 tcnumba10 @ 03/20/10 11:46 AM
Quote:
I don't know. After I installed the patch, they were there in white. Now I haven't hooked up the game to the servers at all for the living rosters, maybe that has something to do with it?
Ya that could be it. I have the patch and I downloaded the latest Official Roster as well. Should probably update urs.

I don't know about everyone else but it seems that I'm the only one who is not experiencing "low PIP" after the patch. Although the gameplay has improved with stars being more dominating + alot more fouls now.

# 39 BrianFifaFan @ 03/20/10 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Ya that could be it. I have the patch and I downloaded the latest Official Roster as well. Should probably update urs.

I don't know about everyone else but it seems that I'm the only one who is not experiencing "low PIP" after the patch. Although the gameplay has improved with stars being more dominating + alot more fouls now.
I'm still getting my points in the paint, but it's a lot harder now. I'm having to post and kick out and repost. I just like that you can't just swing into the paint with a simple pump fake. Even on fast breaks the CPU D is getting back and intercepting a lot of my passes that would have been highlight dunks before. I had a sweet play against ORL last night I should've saved. I got where I was 1 on 1 with Dwight Howard at the end of the game with Danny Green. I did a litle breakdown move and then a spin and DH fell right on his but as he tried to backpeddle. It was funny. I shouldn't have been able to do it with DGreen, but it was nice to see a big man getting shaken totally out of his boots. I still need to play with my sliders, but I'm loving it overall. It is far more organic in nature, post-patch.

I need to get some screenies of the courts. I always thought that PES2010 had set the bar on graphics for a PC Sports game, but now I'm gonna have to crown a new king. I'm really enjoying my offline experience, I'm gonna have to see what online brings next week.

# 40 Boge @ 03/20/10 01:44 PM
Hair is messed up for Created players. I can't explain it, but there is like a translucent booger thing covering their head rather than hair.

I've only done the My Player, so I'm not sure about rookies year by year or association. But that's what I'm seeing so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.