Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of UFC Undisputed 2010 for both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. It is the exact same article for both consoles, btw.

Quote:
"A less apparent change to the ground grappling is the addition of passive transition defense. In last year's game, fighters on the ground defended against transition attempts (i.e. efforts by the opponent to improve ground position) by holding back on the right analog stick. In Undisputed 2010, fighters have a passive defense system that requires no input from the player. To sample it, I took down an un-manned second player and attempted to pass guard. Automatically, the bottom fighter resisted the guard pass, relative to the fighter's ground skill versus mine, though successive guard pass attempts eventually wore down the opponent's defense. This automated defense should allow players to focus more on improving position and mounting an offense, rather than wasting effort on transition defense and stalling action.

Despite these myriad gameplay changes for Undisputed 2010, one couldn't be faulted for thinking the game looks and plays nearly identical to last year's game. Without a doubt, it's all very familiar, with incremental, evolutionary changes in the spirit of annual sports game updates. In line with that comparison, the most substantial enhancements to the game are in the features rather than mechanics."

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.