Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

ESPN's Jon Robinson sat down with the former Florida Gators star during his EA Sports NCAA Football 11 cover shoot.

Quote:
"But playing games and smiling for cameras wasn't all Tebow was up to in Florida. The quarterback's other mission was to hunt down "Madden NFL 11'" ratings guru Donny Moore. Tebow wanted to put in a good word for his cyber self in hopes of boosting his stock a few points, especially when it comes to his speed and trucking ability. And it looks like the face-to-face time with Moore worked to Tebow's advantage.

"Tebow will be the best trucking quarterback in 'Madden' this year," said Moore after the meeting. "He's not the most elusive, but in terms of breaking tackles and power, he will be able to put down his shoulder and run over a few defenders. A lot of this is fluid, but right now in 'Madden 11,' we have Tebow at 80 speed and 92 acceleration. Trucking, carrying the ball, like I said, he's going to be better than any quarterback coming into the league."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Pacman83 @ 04/08/10 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Once again, I just don't get what you're trying to say. The evidence is clear as day in the picture. There is the ESPN bar right there. And when I think ESPN integration, I think of what the basketball series did. I hope we get that with a lot better commentary.
What there not to get? Everyone gets excited over a picture. We expect ESPN integration, but last gen that meant menus and overlays, and was nothing like the College BB title, just a reality check, just holding off until i get solid evidence on this aspect.

# 82 canes21 @ 04/08/10 06:22 PM
Solid evidence? There is a freaking picture of the game with it integrated a little bit.

# 83 Watson @ 04/08/10 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGipper86
I'm tempted to believe this was just a clever tiny leak by EA and ESPN, rather than a "oops" moment. I'm sure EA went over that video before it got put on their own website for crap's sake. Either that or someone just got fired.

I also find it funny how this "Tim Tebow is the cover guy thread" has turned into "OMG, ESPN presentation in gamez!!11!!one!!"
no images in the sig.

JSYK

# 84 stoncold32 @ 04/08/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
Solid evidence? There is a freaking picture of the game with it integrated a little bit.
I'm thinking maybe that poster means ESPN integration as in menu's, stat overlays, etc. Instead of just the one game overlay on the screen.

# 85 TheRunAndShoot @ 04/08/10 06:30 PM
I'm not gonna speculate on the espn blog but....

HOW did the video get past the marketing team. I can't give them the benefit of the doubt on this. How stupid would it be to quasi-announce new presentation this early, and in that video.

# 86 Pacman83 @ 04/08/10 06:34 PM
Quote:
So you're saying that everyone getting excited over stat overlays? Highly doubtful. We're expecting some kind of presentation changes, ala M10. And a blurry *** picture isnt good enough for me. Sorry if this doesnt excited me, or makes me question. I'm just as hopeful as anyone else. I buy these games almost every year, and just for you i dug out my copies of NCAA 07, 08; Madden 07, 08; NBA Live 07; and guess what? Back in '07 they had ESPN integration, kinda funny huh?

# 87 canes21 @ 04/08/10 06:35 PM
How would they integrate ESPN presentation into the menus? And I don't see why they'd include a score banner from ESPN, but no overlays. I think its safe to say we'll have ESPN presentation.

Also, Madden 10 introduced a new score banner to the series last year and a video released it earlier than EA anticipated showing it and they ended up spilling the beans rather quickly in a blog soon after the video. Maybe we'll get a blog soon on this?!

You mean on the cover where it says "Featuring ESPN"? Thats for the ESPN Ticker. Thats when they started doing that and radio updates. The covers still have that if I remember correctly too. And I just did a quick search and didn't find any info on it saying it had ESPN Presentation integrated into it.

# 88 moylan1234 @ 04/08/10 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
ABC is apart of ESPN so they should at least have that too.
not to be nitpicky, but ABC is not part of ESPN. They're both owned by Disney so there's some crossover. I'm liking the ESPN score bug as well.

# 89 Pacman83 @ 04/08/10 06:44 PM
Yea...every copy had featuring ESPN, with minor touches in game. So all i'm saying is that i'll believe it when i get something solid. By that i mean when i hear audio or see pre-game warm ups, etc....Just me, although i do have my hopes up.

# 90 its flav @ 04/08/10 06:44 PM
keep in mind that score bug is only used for bowl games, so there has to be the regular ESPN one that they normally use.

# 91 Watson @ 04/08/10 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by its flav
keep in mind that score bug is only used for bowl games, so there has to be the regular ESPN one that they normally use.
There's a reason it was used for the bowl games.

More than likely that's the new score bug for everything.

# 92 canes21 @ 04/08/10 06:50 PM
So, you think they're adding the ESPN score banner and stopping there?

# 93 Pacman83 @ 04/08/10 06:56 PM
Quote:
So, you think they're adding the ESPN score banner and stopping there?
Would you be surprised? Look at the track record? But like i said, hoping just like you.

# 94 canes21 @ 04/08/10 07:01 PM
I would be very surprised. They've hinted at this presentation many times. We've had clues like last years basketball games and the devs talking about how they'd love to have that. Then the list came out about 11 features, pick your favorite 3, and ESPN presentation was there.

I am going with what I think is common sense and saying ESPN presentation is in. But, hey, we're all different. You may see opposite of me.

# 95 canes21 @ 04/08/10 07:13 PM
EA is the same company that has ESPN and CBS presentation that is 99% correct in their basketball games. I mean honestly, why use the score banner and nothing else? It only seems like common sense to think they'd have what their "Choops" has.

Wow, lol, nice Bigdmo. Same idea and everything.

# 96 jdr4693 @ 04/08/10 07:13 PM
Why would they only have the ESPN ticker, when the EA basketball game was able to go all out with their broadcasting package? There is no way they only have the ticker ... they will go all out just like they did with NCAA basketball. It better be nothing less than what NCAA had.. what would their excuse be? They're coming out like 8 months later, they cant have less when they're from the same company.

# 97 Pacman83 @ 04/08/10 07:22 PM
Track record with football....'Scuse me for doubting and not ****ing myself. I'm just saying i'm gonna wait. Just not excited as everyone else i guess.

LOL. I loved 09, didnt really play 10, but there's a LOT of things i questioned with EA.

BTW, the basketball presentation was HOT, but at times commentary lulled and repeated itself.

# 98 canes21 @ 04/08/10 07:25 PM
They don't have much in their track record when it comes to presentation besides how good it was last gen. Their gameplay may have suffered in the past before this new locomotion, but they haven't failed much in terms of adding in new presentation. They haven't touched it much, but they haven't half assed that they have added besides Bands.

# 99 its flav @ 04/08/10 07:25 PM
it wouldn't make sense to just add the sports ticker and thats it?

# 100 Pacman83 @ 04/08/10 07:30 PM
Quote:
They don't have much in their track record when it comes to presentation besides how good it was last gen. Their gameplay may have suffered in the past before this new locomotion, but they haven't failed much in terms of adding in new presentation. They haven't touched it much, but they haven't half assed that they have added besides Bands.
Well i'm 'Prayin Dear Lordy that its True'...but we'll see.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.