Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

For those that like to skip over the Madden NFL 11 press release, here is something worth noting.

Madden NFL 11 will redefine videogame football for both veteran and rookie players by providing a Simpler, Quicker and Deeper experience:
  • Simpler: Call plays like an NFL coach with ease using an all-new play-calling system, GameFlow, which executes an authentic, situational game plan for you.
  • Quicker: The new play-calling system will enable players to spend more time on the field and less in the playbook - completing games in half of the time.
  • Deeper: Madden NFL 11 is feature-rich, with improved animations and control options, enhanced online functionality, and new broadcast and audio presentation that delivers the NFL experience fans have come to expect.

Madden NFL 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 PGaither84 @ 04/23/10 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Thanks for the detailed reply! When playnig defense did they streamline the pre-play options to like it used to be on the PS2? Or make it like APF2k8 which was pretty similar to the old PS2 pre-play controls. (You said the guy playing you was double teaming Vernon Davis)

It was way to clunky when ported over to next-gen and almost impossible to set guys up in individual assignments before the offense snaps the ball.

If you cant answer that yet thats fine...

Thanks!
I can't right now. I suggest someone watch the drew Brees video again and look in the top left corner area. There is something there I haven't seen any one here at OS mention yet. Also, I think he was just manually covering Davis with a second defender like a line backer.

# 82 canes21 @ 04/23/10 05:50 PM
Strategy Pad???^

# 83 Palo20 @ 04/23/10 06:02 PM
Strategy Pad

# 84 SoulAssassin @ 04/23/10 06:39 PM
Need info about Franchise changes before I get excited about this.

# 85 PGaither84 @ 04/23/10 07:57 PM
yes, strategy pad

# 86 Hova57 @ 04/23/10 09:32 PM
don't remember strategy pad

# 87 ch46647 @ 04/23/10 09:59 PM
The "strategy pad" was one of the first things I noticed when watching the video. Hopefully this will be back to a carbon copy of the PS2 pre-play controls, or a similar function to APF 2k8. Defensive pre-play controls have been awful in this series to the point I dont even use it anymore.

As the controls stand now you literally have to hit 4 buttons to get 1 guy to do something different. The design is absolutely terrible.

# 88 Valdarez @ 04/23/10 10:48 PM
The Strategy Pad is for all those guys that have been complaining about the lack of strategy in Madden.

# 89 RogueHominid @ 04/24/10 01:23 AM
Man, I'm amazed at how many good eyes there are on these boards.

An APF-like pre-play adjustment system would be phenomenal. I am in agreement that the current system is a tad cumbersome.

It does seem to me that they're doing a nice job of blending ease of use and solid strategy/sim football knowledge. Not easy to do . . .

# 90 thedude213 @ 04/24/10 02:16 AM
It's sad that one of Madden's big improvement this year is Game Flow, which is basically Ask Madden without the menu between plays.

I just wish Madden would cut the bull with all these "innovative" features and just fine tune what is already in the game. Every year it's another feature that isn't well thought out or flawed, so instead of fixing it, they just make something else for next year's game so you forget about the flaws in the previous one.

# 91 Exonerated @ 04/24/10 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
It's sad that one of Madden's big improvement this year is Game Flow, which is basically Ask Madden without the menu between plays.

I just wish Madden would cut the bull with all these "innovative" features and just fine tune what is already in the game. Every year it's another feature that isn't well thought out or flawed, so instead of fixing it, they just make something else for next year's game so you forget about the flaws in the previous one.
Its sad that the Iphone 3GS is only faster and cheaper. Its what the Iphone 3G should have been. I wish apple would cut with all these 'innovative features' and create a better phone.

# 92 thedude213 @ 04/24/10 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Its sad that the Iphone 3GS is only faster and cheaper. Its what the Iphone 3G should have been. I wish apple would cut with all these 'innovative features' and create a better phone.
Please, EA is constantly creating features that add nothing to game play and are usually turned off...few examples..."vision cone", "player skill icons", "backtrack", "fight for the fumble", "Madden IQ", etc. Madden should stop trying to mask their gameplay flaws with pointless features, and just spend a year fixing the AI problems and clunky animations.

But I guess EA can continue this trend while fans are in the dark, because people will buy Madden every year even though gameplay hasn't been improved that drastically since they started on next gen.

# 93 roadman @ 04/24/10 10:08 AM
Quote:
Please, EA is constantly creating features that add nothing to game play and are usually turned off...few examples..."vision cone", "player skill icons", "backtrack", "fight for the fumble", "Madden IQ", etc. Madden should stop trying to mask their gameplay flaws with pointless features, and just spend a year fixing the AI problems and clunky animations.

But I guess EA can continue this trend while fans are in the dark, because people will buy Madden every year even though gameplay hasn't been improved that drastically since they started on next gen.
I wouldn't put vision cone on that list, especially around OS. A lot of people at OS liked that feature.

Also, it's too easy to criticize something that hasn't been tried out , yet, isn't it?

If you "think" you won't enjoy gameplan, don't use it. Leave it as an option, though, if others like it.

# 94 adembroski @ 04/24/10 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
The Strategy Pad is for all those guys that have been complaining about the lack of strategy in Madden.
It's a PAD for STRATEGY! SEE! There is now STRATEGY in Madden! See! The word STRATEGY is right there in the game!!!

I'd have preferred the Strategery Pod.

# 95 huskerwr38 @ 04/24/10 11:22 AM
Quote:

I do agree with you to a certain extent. Just like last year I thought fight for the fumble was going to be a good feature that will make the game more realistic and we all know how that turned out. Like this year, I think gameflow will be a good feature and make it more sim, but we'll see.

It is funny that most of those features were highly touted and now we don't even see them anymore or people just don't use them. But I guess if you throw enough crap against the wall some of it will stick.

# 96 MattIntellect @ 04/24/10 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixius
EA didn't mentioned anything about franchise the last 3 years and nothing has change, so it's safe to assume that the same is likely to happen again.
I don't know if it's that safe to assume just yet, considering that usually EA Sports releases its best Madden features at E3 or later. Last year at E3, if I can remember correctly, Josh Looman said that his goal is to make both online and offline Franchise Mode the best you'd ever want to play. I really don't think that they just left the mode practically the same with better tuning. I think/hope a few of the Head Coach 09 features might make its way into franchise mode this year.

# 97 Valdarez @ 04/24/10 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It's a PAD for STRATEGY! SEE! There is now STRATEGY in Madden! See! The word STRATEGY is right there in the game!!!

I'd have preferred the Strategery Pod.
Madden 11 - Quicker, Simpler, & Deeper!!! To ease the pain of GameFlow, Madden 11 has added a new Strategy Pad.

I think I might be the only one seeing the humor with their terminology. You think marketing would have learned after the iPad jokes.

# 98 MattIntellect @ 04/24/10 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
And how did that turn out for us??
I think he said something about coming over from Head Coach 09 about midway through the middle of the development cycle to tune Madden and add a few things to it. I think this year, he'll really get the chance to work his magic. As far as my previous comment, I was explaining his future goal, not what he already did with Madden 10.

# 99 TracerBullet @ 04/24/10 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Madden 11 - Quicker, Simpler, & Deeper!!! To ease the pain of GameFlow, Madden 11 has added a new Strategy Pad.

I think I might be the only one seeing the humor with their terminology. You think marketing would have learned after the iPad jokes.
You're definently on fire today Valdarez.

# 100 thedude213 @ 04/24/10 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I wouldn't put vision cone on that list, especially around OS. A lot of people at OS liked that feature.

Also, it's too easy to criticize something that hasn't been tried out , yet, isn't it?

If you "think" you won't enjoy gameplan, don't use it. Leave it as an option, though, if others like it.
Well if I'm understanding the Game Flow feature correctly, instead of going to a play call menu and selecting a play, the game just chooses a play for you depending on the situation, correct?

Now sure I can see this feature being good for people who know nothing about football, like little kids who don't understand how to pick the right play.

But people who have been playing football games for a while know which plays to select in situations (3rd and long, 2 and short, etc), so what is the point in having the game do it for you.

Just my opinion, but it definitely looks just like another gimmick to hype up this game, instead of focusing their attention on things that matter (AI, gameplay, animations, etc).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.