Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Just wanted to post the Madden NFL 11 rookie ratings here, for easy viewing. I'll update as they happen. You can follow along LIVE at the Official Madden NFL 11 website. What are your thoughts?

#1 Rams: Sam Bradford - Overall 80
#2 Lions: Ndamukong Suh - Overall 85
#3 Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy - Overall 84
#4 Redskins: Trent Williams - Overall 79
#5 Chiefs: Eric Berry - Overall 85
#6 Seahawks: Russell Okung - Overall 82
#7 Browns: Joe Haden - Overall 79
#8 Raiders: Rolando McClain - Overall 79
#9 Bills: C.J. Spiller - Overall 79
#10 Jaguars: Tyson Alualu - Overall 69
#11 49ers: Anthony Davis - Overall 75
#12 Chargers: Ryan Mathews - Overall 77
#13 Eagles: Brandon Graham - Overall 78
#14 Seahawks: Earl Thomas - Overall 81
#15 Giants: Jason Pierre-Paul - Overall 79
#16 Titans: Derrick Morgan - Overall 79
#17 49ers: Mike Iupati - Overall 84
#18 Steelers: Maurkice Pouncey - Overall 76
#19 Falcons: Sean Weatherspoon - Overall 75
#20 Texans: Kareem Jackson - Overall 70
#21 Bengals: Jermaine Gresham - Overall 78
#22 Broncos: Demaryius Thomas - Overall 74
#23 Packers: Bryan Bulaga - Overall 78
#24 Cowboys: Dez Bryant - Overall 80
#25 Broncos: Tim Tebow - Overall 70
#26 Cardinals: Dan Williams - Overall 76
#27 Patriots: Devin McCourty - Overall 74
#28 Dolphins: Jared Odrick - Overall 76
#29 Jets: Kyle Wilson - Overall 76
#30 Lions: Jahvid Best - Overall 74
#31 Colts: Jerry Hughes - Overall 74
#32 Saints: Patrick Robinson - Overall 75

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kcarr @ 04/23/10 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Awareness is only used to lower OVR ratings as far as I can tell.
From what they said last year awareness effects some on field stuff such as the obvious with cpu qbs and also things like dlinemen timing their jumps to tip passes and other little things like that but mostly deals with penalty probability. I think that its effect on overall is too strong if that is all it is used for personally and I have always been of the opinion that it needs to be phased out and replaced.

# 62 cdk10 @ 04/23/10 05:31 PM
Thanks for the breakdown Palo, but I mean full descriptions of all ratings.

On a side note (sorry to keep harping and call me a homer if you will), but how in the world do the 5 1st round CBs in this years draft have a higher tackle rating than arguably the top S prospect??? I think Donny has a hell of a job rating all these players but come on.....really?

# 63 Palo20 @ 04/23/10 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
Thanks for the breakdown Palo, but I mean full descriptions of all ratings.

On a side note (sorry to keep harping and call me a homer if you will), but how in the world do the 5 1st round CBs in this years draft have a higher tackle rating than arguably the top S prospect??? I think Donny has a hell of a job rating all these players but come on.....really?
I hear ya, I want a good explanation on all the ratings too.

No homerism, Berry was basically an extra linebacker for the Vols last year, he can tackle.

# 64 ImReady77 @ 04/23/10 07:07 PM
Some of these players strength rating is too high especially those WR's.

# 65 kcarr @ 04/23/10 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImReady77
Some of these players strength rating is too high especially those WR's.
If madden would do the right thing and actually use their entire scale then I would agree with you. However, they basically have 2 very strong WRs rated about halfway up the scale considering the lowest they really have anyone is around 50. I would not say that is that crazy considering who those 2 receivers are and the fact that they probably should be at the top end of wideouts. They have dez at a 66 less than a 3rd of the way up the chart. If they were actually going off of a 100 point scale this would be the same as rating thomas and benn around a 50 and dez around a 30. One thing I really hope they allow is player editing ratings within a franchise so I can actually run a franchise with spread out ratings.

# 66 kcarr @ 04/23/10 07:30 PM
so much for the thought that claussen might be the first player whose fan average rating may be lower than donny's. he is currently +2

# 67 Palo20 @ 04/23/10 07:35 PM
Why does Taylor Mays have 95 speed? He ran a low 4.4. That 4.2 unofficial stuff was just that, unofficial.

Shouldn't 95 be the special speed guys?

# 68 I Peench @ 04/23/10 07:42 PM
Gerhart 85 speed? Please, Donny...thats a jok. 88-90 for sure

# 69 Reggie16 @ 04/23/10 07:43 PM
idk if i like this thing it seems like everyone is just boosting players attributes

# 70 kcarr @ 04/23/10 07:52 PM
Wow, can it possibly be? So far jason worlids ratings have not been raised at all on average by the community and this is in enough time for 2 more picks to be made. Will there finally be a player who the fans don't want a boost for just because he is on their team or they are a fan of him or whatever?

Edit: Nevermind, should have known it was too good to last. The average is now up a point on awareness and even elsewhere

# 71 cdk10 @ 04/23/10 07:55 PM
IMHO a lot of the ratings are being nerfed or boosted to make the overall rating look good. They need to ditch the overall rating altogether and just rate a guy based on skill set.

I also believe we really need a consistency rating to determine how well a player plays up to his skill ratings. That would keep players who have extreme measureables but questionable motors/inconsistant play from dominating.

# 72 cdk10 @ 04/23/10 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Wow, can it possibly be? So far jason worlids ratings have not been raised at all on average by the community and this is in enough time for 2 more picks to be made. Will there finally be a player who the fans don't want a boost for just because he is on their team or they are a fan of him or whatever?

Edit: Nevermind, should have known it was too good to last. The average is now up a point on awareness and even elsewhere
I'm not even concerned with the ratings anymore. I'm just going to re-rate all the players once I get my hands on the game.

# 73 kcarr @ 04/23/10 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
I'm not even concerned with the ratings anymore. I'm just going to re-rate all the players once I get my hands on the game.
I plan on doing that too. That is why I hope they will actually allow us to edit ratings in a franchise this year like they said we would be able to last year. That would go a long ways in terms of fixing problems because then for those of us that for instance feel ratings don't matter enough we could adjust the scale and keep that going throughout a franchise. Another thing, look at all the inaccuracies caused by the sim engine and how it reads the ratings and gives output. There were a lot of solutions to those problems that only worked for one or two years because they involved adjusting the scale for certain ratings but you couldn't keep that up over the course of a franchise.

# 74 oneamongthefence @ 04/23/10 08:29 PM
They'll have them rerated when the game ships cause a roster update comes out same day as game comes out.

# 75 SouthernBrick @ 04/24/10 11:44 PM
I have a question.

What rating is SPI and PBK? This is for a running back.

# 76 T3B0W @ 04/24/10 11:47 PM
It's all debatable though if anything, I think Suh and Berry at 85 is about right as the highest rookies. Both will make impacts in their first season and play right away.

# 77 jeremym480 @ 04/24/10 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbooc13
-5 on their overall an that should be their ovrl rating.wayy to high
I completely agree. I guess that the stretched rating's they were going for last year is out the window.

# 78 SouthernBrick @ 04/24/10 11:56 PM
I guess PBK is pass blocking and I'm still trying to figure out what SPI is.

I can't think of that one all.

# 79 LBzrule @ 04/24/10 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I guess PBK is pass blocking and I'm still trying to figure out what SPI is.

I can't think of that one all.

SPI = Spin Move I believe.

# 80 LBzrule @ 04/25/10 12:03 AM
Donny's system is messed up if it is based on 40 times. He's got to have better criteria. If you are going to use 40's use everyone's 40 time. Just looking at it. He has Myron Lewis who ran a 4.48 Official at his Pro Day with an 87 speed. But then has Arrelious Benn who ran a 4.54 official at his pro day with a 90 speed???????? Stuff like this is all over the place in his ratings.

They have Taylor Mays rated outrageous. That dude does not have great range yet in Madden he is super crazy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.