Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CardsFan52 @ 04/27/10 03:39 PM
The movements look smooth, very impressing and nice to look at too. Did anyone else see the grass I thought it look improved... just my opinion

# 2 Valdarez @ 04/27/10 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan52
The movements look smooth, very impressing and nice to look at too. Did anyone else see the grass I thought it look improved... just my opinion
That's because they are playing it on slow. They always look good when replayed slowly, then bad during gameplay due to rendering issues.

I love the body leaning they are showing in the video, especially the ability to move away from a tackle and brace for impact. If it works, that'll be a very nice addition.

# 3 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/27/10 04:13 PM
Good video and all. But why are we hearing the same old stuff over and over again. I wish Ian would move on and give us some new info and stuff. I'm getting bord now. I would of thought that he give no info are something. I guess it is just me. But still a good video and all.

# 4 xblake16x @ 04/27/10 04:16 PM
I just hope we can stutter and set up a defender and then follow up with another juke to get past him. It seems like the only thing that they are showing is the stutter/set up followed by a spin

# 5 Nadal @ 04/27/10 04:27 PM
Looks pretty impressive - much better than last year. Ian said that they are going to smooth out the animations or try to, which is good. Even without, I can live with the running animations how they are for now as long as they really make the gameplay totally have a simulation feel like 2K5 had.

With a much more simulation feel and (hopefully) much improved presentation, Madden NFL 11 could really shape up into something special from the likes of NHL 10, which is probably the best sports game I've ever played.

# 6 Hassan Darkside @ 04/27/10 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Good video and all. But why are we hearing the same old stuff over and over again. I wish Ian would move on and give us some new info and stuff. I'm getting bord now. I would of thought that he give no info are something. I guess it is just me. But still a good video and all.
C'mon man, it's only April!

# 7 Maximus205 @ 04/27/10 04:43 PM
So what happens when I get the handoff and immediately press forward/right for the truck twist ani? Will I run into the Olineman and start to run in place til he moves or pinball thru and bounce off depending on if my back is to him when I twist?

# 8 jhoff7324 @ 04/27/10 05:06 PM
I was just playing madden and ncaa and just realized that the spinning on the right stick was in last year as well. and also breaking someone down was there too but it was with the left stick. the only thing that is new is the leaning function. i feel like they are trying to make features that were already in this gen seem new. i dont know but i feel like im getting played.

# 9 CardsFan52 @ 04/27/10 05:16 PM
You have to figure tho, many people were not aware of the spining function on the sticks. I agree it was in but it has been upgraded and I'm sure they want more attention brought to it.

# 10 jeremym480 @ 04/27/10 05:18 PM
Looking good. I'm really starting to get excited about this game!!

# 11 BADOW757 @ 04/27/10 05:28 PM
First of all, I love the new fluidity of the game. It looks very good and I can't wait to test out the new gameplay.

Secondly, I haven't heard much from the devs about any new equipment besides the Nike cleats that are visible in the new vids. I'm pretty stoked about that but I still wanna know if they've gotten the new helmets in the game yet and if they have added Nike style gloves. In the video, Pierre Thomas is still wearing a DNA helmet instead of the Air XP.

One good thing I did see was that Jonathan Goff of the Giants was sporting a new RevoSpeed facemask, so hopefully this means more are making their way in.

# 12 SouthernBrick @ 04/27/10 05:36 PM
Nice vid.

Those animations looked pretty good and fluid. Lets hope It plays like the way It looks when the game comes out.

# 13 XtremeDunkz @ 04/27/10 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOW757
First of all, I love the new fluidity of the game. It looks very good and I can't wait to test out the new gameplay.

Secondly, I haven't heard much from the devs about any new equipment besides the Nike cleats that are visible in the new vids. I'm pretty stoked about that but I still wanna know if they've gotten the new helmets in the game yet and if they have added Nike style gloves. In the video, Pierre Thomas is still wearing a DNA helmet instead of the Air XP.

One good thing I did see was that Jonathan Goff of the Giants was sporting a new RevoSpeed facemask, so hopefully this means more are making their way in.
I will never understand people who nitpick different types of helmets and facemasks. I would never be able to tell when I am playing the game if someone has a different type of helmet then someone else. I can't even tell in real life. I guess I just don't pay attention.

# 14 BADOW757 @ 04/27/10 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
I will never understand people who nitpick different types of helmets and facemasks. I would never be able to tell when I am playing the game if someone has a different type of helmet then someone else. I can't even tell in real life. I guess I just don't pay attention.
It's hard to explain but I guess my question is when they do close-ups of players during an NFL game, what exactly are YOU looking at? You have to try pretty hard to not notice a player's helmet, considering it is a part of their uniform and they spend 90% of gameday with it on. Not everyone has to be an equipment junkie or understand why it's important, but it is a part of the game and it should be represented in the product (Madden 11) as it is in real life.

An lame analogy for this would be if instead of making the field lines go straight across the field as they do in real life, in-game they represented them as zig-zags or something.

# 15 Bootzilla @ 04/27/10 06:48 PM
I wonder how difficult it will be to stiff arm. Ideally you'd be able to twist your body away from a hit and still have your arm free to fend off defenders. Like what I'm seeing so far.

# 16 BADOW757 @ 04/27/10 06:53 PM
I sure hope that a legit stiff arm option is back. The one last year sucked and it rarely worked. The ability to string these new moves together is very intriguing and seems to be a potential game changer.

# 17 green94 @ 04/27/10 07:01 PM
Looks awesome.. a little field degradation as well!

# 18 Maximus205 @ 04/27/10 07:03 PM
Map it to the trigger while turbo is off would be the perfect solution

# 19 nyj721 @ 04/27/10 07:11 PM
Open field tackling online is going to be almost impossible when you combine dual-stick controlls with the lag. I want to see a big power back try to do jukes and spins to compare the differences between him and a small and quick back.
Also does this mean that trucking is the same as protecting the ball?

# 20 NoTiCe_O @ 04/27/10 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
Map it to the trigger while turbo is off would be the perfect solution
That would be perfect, I was just holding my PS3 and was moving it like I was running in Madden 11, and R2 stiff arm feels just right. They should give us L2 (left hand) and R2(right hand). L2 is to pitch anyways no one really uses that, and if they does its rarely succesful, or to run the Wildcat like a option play, Kiinda cheesy.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.