Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Football 11 blog, discussing real assignment AI.

Quote:
"The Read Option is one of the most popular, and with the right personnel one of the most lethal plays in college football. The ’05 Longhorns won the National Championship with little more than the Read Option, but we’ve never felt that the play had reached its full potential in the NCAA Football series. With that in mind we went back to the drawing board and completely rebuilt the play from the ground up. First you will notice that we use our new zone blocking matchups. The threat at the point of attack is always priority number 1. So if a safety wants to creep up into the box to try to blitz that guy will get targeted, we want you to get to the outside. Working your way down the line you will notice how covered offensive linemen get help from their uncovered teammate. As for the backside defensive end, he is intentionally left unblocked; that’s your read to make. If you don’t know how a Read Option play works then I’ll break it down for you right now so you can start running for glory as soon as you get the game."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 gogators @ 04/30/10 05:06 PM
I was just about to post this.

Yeah the running game has been broke since the move to the newer consoles. This blog makes it look like they have completely fixed the running game. Hopefully it's not overdone and we are racking up 300 rushing yards every game.

# 2 moylan1234 @ 04/30/10 05:15 PM
very nice, too much syracuse though

# 3 canes21 @ 04/30/10 05:18 PM
Nice, the way that LG from Alabama turned up field looked so nice.

# 4 Psyblast @ 04/30/10 05:20 PM
Awesome.

# 5 BenGerman @ 04/30/10 05:20 PM
A lot of people are going to be happy about this. Not only does the Blocking AI look spot on, but the running animations of the OL and Running Backs look soooo much better. Maybe its just the speed, but when they compare it directly to 2010, theres no way you couldnt see a difference. If the CPU running for actual yards, and not away from the defender is actual truth, than I will be excited. Ill hold my breath for now.

# 6 Tengo Juego @ 04/30/10 05:20 PM
The Dive play looked like a thing of beauty. Pulling guard finally understands his responsibility.

But, I cant help but wonder if run blocking will be too effective.

# 7 TracerBullet @ 04/30/10 05:20 PM
They fixed the CPU always trying to run outside. Thank God!

Edit: Moylan, I was wondering about all the Syracuse pics as well.

# 8 Lava @ 04/30/10 05:25 PM
Good blog, let's just hope offense isn't overpowered this year now.

# 9 TracerBullet @ 04/30/10 05:25 PM
Wonder what this will look like against the 3-4 now.

# 10 LBzrule @ 04/30/10 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
EA posted up a new blog.

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...alAssignmentAI

Video can be seen at the main page, I'll try to embed it
******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?deepLinkEmbedCode=9waGJkMTocaGtuwoRUnPtd 6xpZv3IFCd&embedCode=9waGJkMTocaGtuwoRUnPtd6xpZv3IFCd">
******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?embedCode=9waGJkMTocaGtuwoRUnPtd6xpZv3IF Cd&deepLinkEmbedCode=9waGJkMTocaGtuwoRUnPtd6xpZv3IFCd">
That looks really damn good. I'm concerned about the pass blocking. I think the run blocking is going to be really damn good this year in NCAA and Madden.

# 11 LBzrule @ 04/30/10 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
Good blog, let's just hope offense isn't overpowered this year now.
That's my biggest concern now. Not with passing but running. I loved NFL 2k4 for it's time but I wouldn't want those kind of rushing games again. They were hell to deal with although I developed my own system to limit people to under 100 yd games, but prior to that ohhh my gawd!!!

# 12 Solidice @ 04/30/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
That looks really damn good. I'm concerned about the pass blocking. I think the run blocking is going to be really damn good this year in NCAA and Madden.
I'm wondering about the pass blocking as well. since I'm going to be playing as Texas Tech, I'll be seeing the pass quite often. pass blocking in 10 was terrible(blocking in general, but the pass block killed me more playing as TTU).

I also hope this wont make the rush offense too powerful, and I hope that the CPU improvement really do work. I'm tired of always being the #1 rush defense in the nation. lol

# 13 SageInfinite @ 04/30/10 05:32 PM
Looks good. I dig.

# 14 coogrfan @ 04/30/10 05:32 PM
Freakin' awesome.

# 15 moylan1234 @ 04/30/10 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Im loving how this looks. But Im really concerned out defense in this game. Everything is NCAAF 2011 seems to be about offense.
true, but that's nothing new with this series

# 16 cparrish @ 04/30/10 05:41 PM
Looks great! Maybe now I won't have to pass all the time in my OD.

# 17 Cusefan @ 04/30/10 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
They fixed the CPU always trying to run outside. Thank God!

Edit: Moylan, I was wondering about all the Syracuse pics as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
very nice, too much syracuse though
Since Syracuse has the best Communications school in the Nation(sorry Northwestern), quite a Few Syracuse Grads work in the Video Game Industry. But you are Both Wrong, There is simply not enough Syracuse, they should be in Every Screenshot.

# 18 moylan1234 @ 04/30/10 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Since Syracuse has the best Communications school in the Nation(sorry Northwestern), quite a Few Syracuse Grads work in the Video Game Industry. But you are Both Wrong, There is simply not enough Syracuse, they should be in Every Screenshot.
and thank you for proving my point

# 19 huskerwr38 @ 04/30/10 05:49 PM
Okay, NCAA has really really stepped up it's game this year. I feel like they are being more "sim" than Madden is being right now. I don't really care about gameflow and how they talk about how that is more sim, I feel it's catered to the newbie/casual player but are just calling it more sim. Well, you don't see Madden breaking down specific plays and showing how they are run. Madden devs are scared this will scare away newbies and casual game fans. I am really loving NCAA right now.

# 20 countryboy @ 04/30/10 05:51 PM
Looked great. Only concern for me is how slow reacting the safety was in the very last video(LSU/Alabama). I know there could be a multiple of reasons why, but hope its not a sign of things to come.

Would love to see some blogs dedicated to the defensive side of the ball.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.