Home
NHL 11 News Post

Quote:
"For the last few years the EA SPORTS NHL team has unofficially kicked off their yearly campaign inviting some of the most vocal members of its community to EA Canada to provide feedback collected from their respective communities, and to get a sneak peak at the upcoming iteration from the NHL franchise. This year is no exception and we’re enthused to invite 14 hockey enthusiasts from coast-to-coast to the studio for our two-day NHL 11 Community Event on May 20th and 21st.

Representing OperationSports.com is one of the moderators from the site, Steve Shaulis, otherwise known as Qb on the forums. Residing out of Bridgeville, PA, Steve’s allegiance lies with the Penguins as they look to make a run at back-to-back Stanley Cups. The first NHL video game he’s ever played was NHL 93 on the Genesis and you can find him online playing NHL 10 on his X360 EASHL team, The Corporation or just chillin’ playing offline on his PS3. Check him out here making the nice slap-pass from his own end setting up a goal during OTP play."

You can read the full blog at EA's In The Crease Blog site. It includes a brief bio for each community representative -- notice I'm first on the list -- and encourages fans of the series to check out the NHL11 Twitter and Facebook pages where they'll "release all things EA SPORTS NHL first!"

I'll do my best to share what information/impressions I can with the OS community as soon as possible. I have no idea what my internet access will be like when I'm out there -- I won't be traveling with a laptop unfortunately -- but trust me, I won't disappear after the event. I'll do my best to answer any & all questions I am authorized to answer.

My Pittsburgh to Denver to Vancouver travel day of fun is only one week from today!

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BigH2k6 @ 05/12/10 10:20 AM
Have fun QB

# 2 Spear @ 05/12/10 11:24 AM
Go Habs....

Looking forward to your impressions!

# 3 Mikey88 @ 05/12/10 12:03 PM
Good luck QB im sure its gonna be a blast. Don't get too mesmerized by the glitz and glamor of EA and focus on the task at hand LOL

# 4 Vikes1 @ 05/12/10 12:37 PM
I feel very confident Steve, that you have a solid grasp of what the majority of us would like to see outta the coming game.

Have a fun and safe trip!

# 5 42 @ 05/12/10 12:59 PM
Qb, have fun brother!

# 6 plaidchuck @ 05/12/10 01:45 PM
Cool man, way to represent the 'Burgh.

# 7 SinisterAlex @ 05/12/10 01:51 PM
I should drive out to the EA gates and sit there for two days waiting for you guys to leave xD Only take me an hour to get there.

# 8 bonannogiovanni @ 05/12/10 06:40 PM
I would like a new locomotion system to be implemented in 11, players seem to skitter on the ice, not skate, that's my first question I'm gonna ask you after community day Qb...

# 9 bad_philanthropy @ 05/12/10 06:42 PM
Have fun and a safe trip, if there's anyone this community can be confident is going to get our thoughts across to the devs it's you.

# 10 Qb @ 05/13/10 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
I would like a new locomotion system to be implemented in 11, players seem to skitter on the ice, not skate, that's my first question I'm gonna ask you after community day Qb...
And that's the first thing I'll be looking for when I get my hands on the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Have fun and a safe trip, if there's anyone this community can be confident is going to get our thoughts across to the devs it's you.
Thanks, brother. I think I've got a handle on it:

1. Faster, more agile skating that allows us to change direction at a whim
2. Big Head Mode
3. More big hits and wide open end-to-end play
4. Zamboni mini-games
5. Outrageous custom gear for our BAPs
6. Check the refs!
7. Ability to take your skate off and stab someone with it
8. Fantasy rinks... who wants to play in real arenas?
9. More cutscenes and longer breaks in play during EASHL/OTP
10. Finally, BRING BACK MUTANT LEAGUE HOCKEY!!!

Sounds good, right?

# 11 Flyermania @ 05/13/10 11:40 AM
You'll have a blast QB...it's a lot of fun. I have no doubt you'll represent OS well!

# 12 Money99 @ 05/13/10 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
HEY?! Who's asking for #7?

# 13 onlybygrace @ 05/13/10 05:55 PM
Yeah...have fun...

*cough* presentation *cough*

immersion now!!!

# 14 WorkingILLINI @ 05/13/10 08:31 PM
Good Luck QB...GO BLACKHAWKS!!

# 15 Vikes1 @ 05/14/10 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb

1. Faster, more agile skating that allows us to change direction at a whim
2. Big Head Mode
3. More big hits and wide open end-to-end play
4. Zamboni mini-games
5. Outrageous custom gear for our BAPs
6. Check the refs!
7. Ability to take your skate off and stab someone with it
8. Fantasy rinks... who wants to play in real arenas?
9. More cutscenes and longer breaks in play during EASHL/OTP
10. Finally, BRING BACK MUTANT LEAGUE HOCKEY!!!

Sounds good, right?
Maybe next year.

# 16 LuGer33 @ 05/15/10 08:24 PM
See you there, QB!

# 17 Dave.Wales @ 05/15/10 10:50 PM
See you and QB there

Lol...

# 18 green94 @ 05/16/10 04:35 PM
Have fun guys.... can't wait to hear about this years additions!

# 19 Qb @ 05/16/10 09:25 PM
Dave, you're bringing the beer, right?

# 20 06woz @ 05/18/10 12:38 PM
Gameplay.Gameplay.Gameplay.Franchise.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.