Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has posted a new blog discussing prospects. This is part 2 of a 3 part dynasty blog.

Quote:
"For the rest of this blog we are going to go over some of the new things we've done with the Prospects in Dynasty Mode. As you all know, the further you get in future years of Dynasty Mode the more the new Prospects coming into your game matter, so we had to ensure we did a better job this year in creating and ranking these Prospects.

As you many of you have already guessed, there is a new ratings spread in NCAA Football 11. You'll no longer see dozens of players at 99 OVR in this year's game when looking at the rosters we ship with. Hence, we had to ensure the new Prospects created in Dynasty Mode matched the new philosophy. The Prospects have been re-created... every single one of them. The reason being is we wanted to ensure that all positions in the game had its share of elite players, multiple types of players, and an even spread from top to bottom.

What classifies as an elite Prospect has changed from previous years with the new ratings spread. As you can imagine, you'll no longer see true freshman come into the game rated in the 90's OVR or even high 80's OVR. Only the top Prospects at any position this year will come in over an 80 OVR and depending on your school, he may or may not be able to start instantly."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Kobalt @ 05/20/10 06:57 PM
Liked what I read for this blog

# 42 yanks26ngoin @ 05/20/10 07:10 PM
So in other words, this is what has been done to Dynasty Mode this year that are significant. Giving the phone call a new look and a face lift and increased the difficulty of getting a recruit by adding something that isnt realistic at all. And renaming the top prospects list and extending it to 150 and then adding potential ratings as a driving force in a prospect, and then fixing something that wasnt even broke(I did not see 1 single recruit come in higher than an 83 last year). Sweet!

Heres hoping that there will be actual big news concerning dynasty mode released at E3...

# 43 fcboiler87 @ 05/20/10 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
So in other words, this is what has been done to Dynasty Mode this year that are significant. Giving the phone call a new look and a face lift and increased the difficulty of getting a recruit by adding something that isnt realistic at all. And renaming the top prospects list and extending it to 150 and then adding potential ratings as a driving force in a prospect, and then fixing something that wasnt even broke(I did not see 1 single recruit come in higher than an 83 last year). Sweet!

Heres hoping that there will be actual big news concerning dynasty mode released at E3...
If you signed one of the major recruits that were new in the offseason (talk about unrealistic) those guys were loaded. I've seen them come in anywhere from 87-90. Regular season recruits were not like that though.

# 44 Lava @ 05/20/10 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin

I had a bunch of recruits come in at 84+, so I'm not sure what to tell you. You also need to realize they still have one more dynasty blog before E3, so don't get too negative yet if this blog wasn't for you.

# 45 Watson @ 05/20/10 07:22 PM
PRO COMBATS!

# 46 prowler @ 05/20/10 07:24 PM
Interesting stuff; I'm curious to see how freshmen are rated now, I might have to go through and overhaul my Teambuilder rosters.

# 47 khaliib @ 05/20/10 07:24 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about!!!
I know he said hidden, but I hope we can see/edit the Potential Rating of the shipped rosters.

Finally, you will have to consider the type of player's you choose while building a school in Dynasty.

No more, pick the guy with the highest OVR anymore, because that high OVR might be good for only one year of good play.

Man, I hope the PS3 version looks even close to those snapshots.

And last, I hope TB is updated SOON with the new upgrads so we can start doing our thang.

Can't wait.

# 48 EvanRG @ 05/20/10 07:34 PM
I couldn't find anything about players whose overall skills DECLINE over their career.

Has this been mentioned or implied? The overall direction of the game is STELLAR, but I feel that this is a reality in real football that isn't properly addressed in NCAA Football.

# 49 AuburnAlumni @ 05/20/10 07:34 PM
God,

It's so nice to see real MEAT to innovations.

We go from Wide Open Gameplay i.e. Completely narfed Defense and Season Showdown (the all time biggest WTF? moment in NCAA history) to real and tangible efforts to revamp presentation, recruiting, blocking, etc.

Soooooooo refreshing to see FINALLY.

Kudos to you guys at EA.

# 50 Matt Diesel @ 05/20/10 07:34 PM
What does this mean? Pre-generated recuriting classes much like Maddens pre-generated draft classes?

Quote:
The Prospects have been re-created... every single one of them.

# 51 Lava @ 05/20/10 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
PRO COMBATS!
Knew you'd be happy to see those.

# 52 KG @ 05/20/10 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
God they're finally listening and applying. Blog three is Coaching Carosuel. Im sure some coaches are better recruiter then other and thats why there's a point system and thats why some school's that dont use fullbacks where on the recruits list because they run a different system.
Coaching carousel would be huge. It helps make College Hoops 2K8 dynasty mode great. Coaches changing and bringing in their different styles, recruiting philosophies, etc...

# 53 Watson @ 05/20/10 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
Knew you'd be happy to see those.
Happy Birthday to me.

# 54 splff3000 @ 05/20/10 07:42 PM
These seem more like recruiting blogs more so than Dynasty blogs. Don't get me wrong, I love the info, but these just seem more focused on recruiting than overall dynasty.

# 55 AuburnAlumni @ 05/20/10 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
These seem more like recruiting blogs more so than Dynasty blogs. Don't get me wrong, I love the info, but these just seem more focused on recruiting than overall dynasty.
Uh..Recruiting is a MAJOR MAJOR portion of dynasty.

# 56 thudias @ 05/20/10 07:48 PM
Liked what I read for this blog

# 57 yanks26ngoin @ 05/20/10 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
I had a bunch of recruits come in at 84+, so I'm not sure what to tell you. You also need to realize they still have one more dynasty blog before E3, so don't get too negative yet if this blog wasn't for you.
Recruiting did need some fixing, but in all honesty, what they did was stretch recruiting out to 2 blogs when it really only needed one(the phone call blog was nothing of real substance, it was only about a new look to phone call and adding point values which look like have taken the place of the interest bar). IMO, the dev team really took out the thunder this would have by already deflating it with a whole 1st dynasty blog dedicated to a facelift to an aspect of recruiting and then doing another recruiting blog that had some actual substance.

And they already hinted at what the 3rd and final dynasty blog will be about at the end of this blog.
Quote:
When you add up all the changes to Prospects and the new Phone Call we've already made some significant changes to Dynasty Mode in NCAA Football 11. But honestly that wasn't enough (and well this is only Blog 2 of 3), so there is still more. What's great is Blog 3 will address some of the comments about the first blog: both about Kent State being in the Top 10 of our 5 Star Fullback (in the last blog's screen shots) and the points showing up in the Top Schools menu. We will take a look at the logic behind signing a Recruit and how the CPU will do it.
Really, they should have just labled the blogs with what they truly are:
Recruiting Blog 1 of 3
Recruiting Blog 2 of 3
Recruiting Blog 3 of 3

Then they would have actually been able to garner alot more hype. The blogs all seem dedicated to one thing, and thats recruiting. Recruiting is a major aspect of Dynasty Mode but certainly not the whole mode.

# 58 Solidice @ 05/20/10 07:52 PM
I like that the ratings are getting spread out. hopefully will make elite players more rare and actually mean something, instead of having your third string ranked in the high 80's, low 90's.

# 59 BoomerSooner11 @ 05/20/10 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
Do you think we get the next blog this week or next?
Well the first one came out on what...Tuesday? Second one came out today..it would great if the third one came out tomorrow but it could be like Monday or Tuesday.

# 60 jfsolo @ 05/20/10 08:15 PM
I've skipped the last two NCAA titles, but I get the feeling that the next Dynasty blog will put this years version into the "Highly probably purchase" category for me.

Only some catastrophically bad gameplay/A.I. design decision/glitch could dampen my enthusiasm now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.