Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

Check out the EA Sports MMA hands-on impressions.

Quote:
"I have to say that the standing game is very well put together. It’s fluid and responsive, and in the build we played it was very satisfying hitting your opponent. I know a lot of you were worried about how well this was going to be portrayed in the game, but set your mind at ease. This game makes you feel satisfied after getting a good solid punch landed.

Our first fights all consisted of heavyweights pretty much. This is where my first concern was brought into the light. I was concerned that the fighters punched a little slow, and moved a little too fluid and slow. This concern was put to sleep once we discovered the difference in weight classes when you fight. It really gives you an appreciation for smaller dudes and bigger dudes. There’s a DEFINITE difference, and it’s not a bad thing. This will make people want to delve into every weight class and try every fighter.

Every fighter is different. And we’re not just talking stance wise (ahem.. THQ). We’re talking movements and individual characteristics that make these fighters not only LOOK like their real-life counterparts, but also FEEL like they would feel if they were transformed into fully playable real life dudes. (can’t wait for EA MMA 2098!)"

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Illustrator76 @ 06/02/10 07:27 PM
I am very excited to see what this game has in store for us. What I really look forward to is the whole submission "mini-game". It sounds much more fair and intuitive than this crappy dice roll/spinning analog stick stuff that Undisputed has. The graphics are looking awesome as well.....can't wait to see more!

# 22 halltj2 @ 06/03/10 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvR-l...os=m8_JVJtwOx4

King Mo playing...shows some entrances real quick

# 23 nyj721 @ 06/03/10 03:10 PM
Hope they have different controls because I don't like punching with the stick. The strikes still look weak, and I'm not sure how I feel about pressing a button to transition. I wonder how they will differentiate trying to advance positions from trying to posture up and throw strikes.

# 24 Illustrator76 @ 06/03/10 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Who knows how it feels to play, but watching videos of it, it just looks bad all around.
Can't lie, in that video, the game looks very very choppy and stiff....here's hoping that was a pre-pre-pre-beta-beta.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.