Home
NHL 11 News Post

Check out the screenshots from NHL 11, from the recent CD event. They feature the likely top two picks in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BlueNGold @ 05/27/10 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I wonder if we'll have a World Jr's tourney, possibly incorporated into an expanded BaGM or standalone CHL franchise mode?
I've been wanting this forever.

# 22 R3D BULL83 @ 05/28/10 09:40 PM
I just made an discovery look at Iginla's shorts no logo,but look at Hall's shorts he has a ccm logo not something big but it will be sweet to select your hockey shorts brand I have a feeling maybe we will have better player and goalie customization

# 23 Vikes1 @ 05/30/10 04:02 PM
Dumb question: With the CHL teams being included in Be a GM...how would you go about replenishing your roster in the game?

Is there going to be some sort of recruiting that's done?

# 24 duckfever8 @ 05/30/10 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Dumb question: With the CHL teams being included in Be a GM...how would you go about replenishing your roster in the game?

Bantam draft. That's what the CHL does in real life, or at least the WHL has a bantam draft.

# 25 mercalnd @ 05/30/10 07:47 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfever8
Bantam draft. That's what the CHL does in real life, or at least the WHL has a bantam draft.
They all have a draft but the Q and OHL have a midget draft. I'm guessing that's because the minor hockey is structured differently out west and they have no midget category, although I'm not sure.

Vikes1, since you mentionned recruiting, I'm guessing it's because you're only familiar with the college system. So you should also note that there are trades in the CHL. I'm fairly certain that trades are restricted within each individual league but someone else might be able to confirm. So it basically functions alot like the NHL with a draft and trades but there no free agency and players are limited to playing in the CHL from the age of 16 to 20.

There are no amateur/eligibility issues outside of the aforementioned age restrictions. Players can have endorsement deals (Crosby signed a massive deal with Reebok while he was still in Rimouski). They can even play in the NHL and be sent back down to their junior club afterwards. However, NHL CBA rules dictate that if a junior age player plays 10 games in a given season then that season counts as a year of NHL service which affects when that player can become a UFA so teams usually send youngsters down before they reach the 10 game mark or keep them all year.

# 26 Vikes1 @ 05/31/10 03:30 AM
Thanks for the answers guys.

A CHL GM mode sounds pretty interesting. It's gonna take me the first month of having the game just to figure out which mode I want to use.

# 27 emericaridr11 @ 05/31/10 06:01 PM
man I cant wait for this game, I dont even have 10 anymore Im patiently waiting for 11, the screenshots look sweet

# 28 Money99 @ 06/02/10 04:12 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the answers guys.

A CHL GM mode sounds pretty interesting. It's gonna take me the first month of having the game just to figure out which mode I want to use.
Tell me about it!
I'm probably going to juggle multiple modes at the same time:

- BAP
- BAGM (CHL)
- BAGM (NHL)
- OTP

It's going to be a long winter.

# 29 Bonriyui @ 06/05/10 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
They all have a draft but the Q and OHL have a midget draft. I'm guessing that's because the minor hockey is structured differently out west and they have no midget category, although I'm not sure.

Vikes1, since you mentionned recruiting, I'm guessing it's because you're only familiar with the college system. So you should also note that there are trades in the CHL. I'm fairly certain that trades are restricted within each individual league but someone else might be able to confirm. So it basically functions alot like the NHL with a draft and trades but there no free agency and players are limited to playing in the CHL from the age of 16 to 20.

There are no amateur/eligibility issues outside of the aforementioned age restrictions. Players can have endorsement deals (Crosby signed a massive deal with Reebok while he was still in Rimouski). They can even play in the NHL and be sent back down to their junior club afterwards. However, NHL CBA rules dictate that if a junior age player plays 10 games in a given season then that season counts as a year of NHL service which affects when that player can become a UFA so teams usually send youngsters down before they reach the 10 game mark or keep them all year.

The CHL have trades outside of there leagues but it is unlikeley to happen because there just kids and don't want to pay for travel and such

# 30 06woz @ 06/05/10 01:02 PM
Odds are we aren't going to see a CHL BeAGM mode. Likely just incorporate CHL into the NHL BeAGM mode.

# 31 mercalnd @ 06/05/10 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
Odds are we aren't going to see a CHL BeAGM mode. Likely just incorporate CHL into the NHL BeAGM mode.
That's my expectation too. I expect the CHL integration in BeaGM to simply mean you'll be able to follow the CHL during BeaGM, maybe scout CHL games and players, draft them, leave your younger players in juniors but I doubt you can play BeaGM AS a CHL team, unless of course you replace an NHL team.

I'd love to be wrong though. The roster turnover in juniors would likely keep a multi-season mode much more entertaining than it is with the NHL. In the pros, once you've built a powerhouse it's fairly easy to maintain a great team year after year (talking video games of course). With BeaGM in the juniors, you'd basically get the roster turnover of college games without the ability to recruit tons of great players year after year like you do with a top team in college football or basketball.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.