Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Football 11 screenshots.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ctindal21 @ 05/25/10 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
They atleast resemble the color grey. Boise's are straight white.

yea i was thinkin the same...

# 142 Jessep07 @ 05/25/10 10:19 PM
Hey everyone, check out the link...proof that there will be over 100 uniform combinations for Oregon, THE PRO COMBAT JERSEYS ARE IN THE GAME, and more!

http://m.espn.go.com/general/chat/chat?eventId=32505&page=0

# 143 capn_razzamataz @ 05/25/10 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Can't believe no one said this already:

**IMAGES**

White facemask smh
The blue is that badly butchered and you mention the facemask color?

Made some quick and dirty photoshoppings to illustrate some color changes that should be made (I'm sure there are FAR more, but I only felt like doing a couple).

It seems like some reds and blues get "washed out" for lack of a better term. Too unsaturated I guess.

VT and OSU to be specific.

Here are the before and afters:

Hopefully this can be changed prior to release, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

EDIT: Meh, sorry. I tried to put a break between each comparison, but it didn't work.

# 144 gator3guy @ 05/25/10 10:41 PM
It's the lighting that makes the helmets look that blue. Maybe it's not perfect but those white facemasks stick out like a sore thumb.

# 145 capn_razzamataz @ 05/25/10 10:50 PM
I was under the impression that the new linear lighting system allowed them to tweak colors for accuracy. I don't quite see it on some teams.

Direct quote from the Screens and Lighting blog

Quote:
To put it in basic terms, we now have control over how bright or dark things get without losing detail. It also helps us get the authentic color on the uniforms.

Linear lighting also allows us to tune helmets, jerseys, and other player gear in a much more realistic way. For example; you'll notice the skin looks more lifelike and less like plastic. Helmets and jerseys reflect the right amount of light.

# 146 Breaknician @ 05/25/10 10:51 PM
yeah, the ball lighting looks really early 2000s PC. the ball looks photoshopped in almost.

# 147 Jessep07 @ 05/25/10 10:59 PM
Guys. Honestly. Stop complaining. This looks amazing.

# 148 ctindal21 @ 05/25/10 11:01 PM
maybe it will look better when you are playin the game in HD but idk

# 149 Breaknician @ 05/25/10 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessep07
Guys. Honestly. Stop complaining. This looks amazing.
sorry that i expect a game that uses Madden's technology from last year to improve certain things. this franchise is like the toilet paper market -- everybody needs it, and they have no competition. it would be nice to have some issues addressed on behalf of those loyal to the franchise.

# 150 Jessep07 @ 05/25/10 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaknician
sorry that i expect a game that uses Madden's technology from last year to improve certain things. this franchise is like the toilet paper market -- everybody needs it, and they have no competition. it would be nice to have some issues addressed on behalf of those loyal to the franchise.
Thank you, I accept your apology.

:P

# 151 vatechfan44 @ 05/25/10 11:07 PM
These look great, glad to see VT was in one.

# 152 BoomerSooner11 @ 05/25/10 11:08 PM
The game does look amazing, but for Boise and Bama fans, I'm sure little things like their facemasks being the wrong color has got to bother them. Unless they patch it, those fans have to see that for an entire year, I understand their complaining, but I will agree the game does look good.

# 153 Jessep07 @ 05/25/10 11:08 PM
Quote:
Thank you, I accept your apology.

:P
and have you even read all of the improvements they've made this year?!

# 154 moylan1234 @ 05/25/10 11:09 PM
facemask color is a pretty easy teambuilder fix

# 155 Jessep07 @ 05/25/10 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaknician
and have you even read all of the improvements they've made this year?!

# 156 capn_razzamataz @ 05/25/10 11:17 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the only big gameplay "additions" are fixes. They "fixed" blocking, "fixed" locomotion, and they added a tackling technology that had already been created by the Madden team...

We don't even know how well these new features or "fixes" work, so pardon me for not jumping on the OMG! train.

# 157 ctindal21 @ 05/25/10 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
As far as I'm concerned, the only big gameplay "additions" are fixes. They "fixed" blocking, "fixed" locomotion, and they added a tackling technology that had already been created by the Madden team...

We don't even know how well these new features or "fixes" work, so pardon me for not jumping on the OMG! train.

im with you on this...as far as gameplay is concerned, im not sold on anything until i play it myself...so what i am concerned about is the appearance, presentation, lighting, and look/feel of the game and i can say that it looks like they have made some improvements (even though theres no dreads ) but locomotion and all that other stuff is up in the air until i actually play it and see it for myself

# 158 Jessep07 @ 05/25/10 11:39 PM
Pessimists...the whole lot of you.

# 159 Watson @ 05/25/10 11:40 PM
Quote:
Pessimists...the whole lot of you.
this

# 160 capn_razzamataz @ 05/25/10 11:45 PM
If caring how I spend $60 makes me a pessimist, then so be it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.